It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 pm 

DP39 wrote:
This is all about "sucking for Luck". Ever since the Colts did it a few years back Pandora's box has been opened. There's too much talent/draft capital to be won by losing your remaining games. For the Giants FO it's business - not football - at this point. Eli will be starting somewhere else next year, no doubt.
I doubt that. Smiff or the other guy is not their franchise QB. Didn't they already make a statement that Eli will remain the starter in 2018 and will retire a Giant?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
DP39 wrote:
This is all about "sucking for Luck". Ever since the Colts did it a few years back Pandora's box has been opened. There's too much talent/draft capital to be won by losing your remaining games. For the Giants FO it's business - not football - at this point. Eli will be starting somewhere else next year, no doubt.
I doubt that. Smiff or the other guy is not their franchise QB. Didn't they already make a statement that Eli will remain the starter in 2018 and will retire a Giant?

Oh, I certainly know Smiff or Webb are not the future starter at QB. The player will be drafted - very early - next year. Or they will take that top 3 pick and parlay it into several top picks and still get a could be top QB (or at least better than what they have in their two back ups) OR they could use those top picks to reload the O line and RB positions.. I think Eli is under a pretty serious contract, but he may asked to be rereleased/traded, at the end of the year, after this stunt. If he stays, they will be set for the next few years with upgraded O line and RB rooms. Again, it's business not football at this point, just like what the Colts did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm 

The giants have won a playoff game in only 2 of Eli’s 14 seasons. That’s pathetic. 20 active QBs have a higher career QB rating than him. His career completion percentage is under 60%. If not for two playoff runs where his defense carried him he’d be known as a bust.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:58 pm 

They don't want manning to get injured or the rookie 3rd string hurt either

Geno is expendible. Bloom at the IR list on both sides of line

Jenkins is latest to IR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:02 pm 

KC wrote:
Eli took out the Pats TWICE, in Super Bowls, so I fucking LOVE HIM. I'll always LOVE that motherfucker.

I think the point is that the Giants aren't going with somebody who has any upside.

They benched a 2 time Super Bowl MVP in favor of Geno Fucking Smith.

Unreal.

I would have no problem with a Ben McAdoo public lynching.

^^^^ THIS

10000% agreed

Love Eli the Pats killer

McAdoo is a fucking gutless douchebag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 pm 

If Tomlin had been fired a couple years back like a lot of esteemed posters argued for McAdoo would have been one of the prominent names up for the job

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:31 pm 

Right now over on the Giants board some guy named Meadowlands72 is going on and on about GBI. Giants Best Interests. The Giants sit 3rd in the draft order in a draft where there are two big time QB prospects. Starting Geno Smith means they finish with a top 2 pick which is the best interest of the franchise. Not having Eli go out and win a couple to finish 4-12. Shot for that 2-14, draft the young QB and be set for the next 14 years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:33 pm 

SP wrote:
Right now over on the Giants board some guy named Meadowlands72 is going on and on about GBI. Giants Best Interests. The Giants sit 3rd in the draft order in a draft where there are two big time QB prospects. Starting Geno Smith means they finish with a top 2 pick which is the best interest of the franchise. Not having Eli go out and win a couple to finish 4-12. Shot for that 2-14, draft the young QB and be set for the next 14 years.

Is he complaining about clock management as well?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:41 pm 

It's always felt wrong to me that teams can tank on purpose for higher draft picks or that fans would root for that to happen, though I don't know what the solution would be.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:47 pm 
SP wrote:

Lolz. For real ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next