It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 pm 

If Tomlin had been fired a couple years back like a lot of esteemed posters argued for McAdoo would have been one of the prominent names up for the job

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:31 pm 

Right now over on the Giants board some guy named Meadowlands72 is going on and on about GBI. Giants Best Interests. The Giants sit 3rd in the draft order in a draft where there are two big time QB prospects. Starting Geno Smith means they finish with a top 2 pick which is the best interest of the franchise. Not having Eli go out and win a couple to finish 4-12. Shot for that 2-14, draft the young QB and be set for the next 14 years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:33 pm 

SP wrote:
Right now over on the Giants board some guy named Meadowlands72 is going on and on about GBI. Giants Best Interests. The Giants sit 3rd in the draft order in a draft where there are two big time QB prospects. Starting Geno Smith means they finish with a top 2 pick which is the best interest of the franchise. Not having Eli go out and win a couple to finish 4-12. Shot for that 2-14, draft the young QB and be set for the next 14 years.

Is he complaining about clock management as well?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:41 pm 

It's always felt wrong to me that teams can tank on purpose for higher draft picks or that fans would root for that to happen, though I don't know what the solution would be.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:47 pm 
SP wrote:

Lolz. For real ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:57 pm 

Seems to me that benching Eli would have to be approved by ownership. The Maras are not weak or stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:01 pm 

SP wrote:

The answer is obvious. Swiss developed a Giants fan second personality during their Super Bowl wins over his hated New England Patriots, and the stress of both Tomlin's terrible clock management and the impending matchup against said Patriots has caused his dormant Giants fan personality to manifest itself.

Where does Meadowlands72 recommend visiting for the best pizza in the 5 Boroughs?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:10 pm 

Ice wrote:
SP wrote:

The answer is obvious. Swiss developed a Giants fan second personality during their Super Bowl wins over his hated New England Patriots, and the stress of both Tomlin's terrible clock management and the impending matchup against said Patriots has caused his dormant Giants fan personality to manifest itself.

Where does Meadowlands72 recommend visiting for the best pizza in the 5 Boroughs?

Lmao :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 pm 

Ice wrote:
SP wrote:

Step ahead of you, Ice. Keep in mind, I was in NYC last weekend, already posted in another OP about Artichoke Pizza in Chelsea, and garnered a recommendation for John's of Bleeker Street.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:42 pm 

Well it seems like either he will retire or be traded. As he may follow his big brother and retire on top with another team, if not with the G-Men. Ride off into the sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:42 pm 

Perhaps proximity to Giants Stadium played a part in the activation of the alternate personality. Personally, I won't be worried until you start singing the praises of the Rutgers University football program in the college forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:50 pm 

SteelerPhotog wrote:
SP wrote:

Lolz. For real ?

All true. It’s right below the thread where GiantChef posts in haiku and brags about being the fattest member of the board.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm 
SP wrote:
SteelerPhotog wrote:
SP wrote:

Lolz. For real ?

All true. It’s right below the thread where GiantChef posts in haiku and brags about being the fattest member of the board.

Lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 pm 

They are 'Sucking for Luck'. I think many under-estimate the love and respect that Coughlin and Manning share for each other, not a doubt in my mind that the Jags move on from Bortles and trade for Eli Manning in the offseason.

And I don't think McAdoo has any say so in the matter he is just doing what he is told. The Maras are calling the shots now, doing what they need to set up their next franchise QB.

For those that think they won't stoop that low, get real. This is the team that conspired with Archie Manning to get his son Eli in New York in the first place. If you don't remember all of that go back and read up on that soap opera. It was all undignified, but hey, that let Big Ben slide down to us at 11, so it all worked out perfectly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 pm 

I like eli...helps steelers rarely face him..hes a class act.. and loved him getting up on payton and brady.. I always liked eli better then payton who I believed a bit overrated... I will say ive grown to stop hating on payton since I love his sense of humor in commercials . he doesn't mind laughing at himself..hes cool..
I think eli may need change of scenery..he still has ability..his recievers and line suck ass..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 pm 

Shit move by the owners especially sitting him for Smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:31 pm 

SP wrote:
The giants have won a playoff game in only 2 of Eli’s 14 seasons. That’s pathetic. 20 active QBs have a higher career QB rating than him. His career completion percentage is under 60%. If not for two playoff runs where his defense carried him he’d be known as a bust.

Pretty sure the guy who is just behind Dan Marino and John Elway with 50K passing yards at #7 all-time would never be considered a “bust.” Holy hyperbole. And you can’t just casually say “well, without those two awesome, historic SB runs...” which is insane to try to set aside when evaluating a player, especially given how much weight we put on championships when evaluating our guys as Steelers fans. Or to say “his defense carried him” which is so bathed in bias it’s ridiculous. His first SB run he won three straight road games with no interceptions, had over 100 QBR in the first two then played clean in Green Bay against Favre before taking out probably the greatest team ever in the SB. His second run he had 9 TDs to just one pick, outplayed Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay and dropped 37 points, 330 yards and 3 TDs, took out a stacked San Fran team on the road with another 300 yard multi-TD game, then completed 30 of 40 for 296 in the SB with another amazing final drive against the Evil Empire again.

But his defense carried him. :lol: Good god the bias.

We probably shouldn’t toss many stones in our glass house in some respects. How many playoff games has Roethlisberger won without the number one rated defense in football? Probably not more than a handful. I mean, our guy won one SB completing 9 passes and another SB scoring 20 whole points. Not exactly Drew Brees-ing it out there throwing for 400 yards and having his defense getting ran the fuck over up and down the field. Ben is obviously a much better QB than Eli, but you can’t just blantantly make up shit about Eli’s career either just to throw dirt on him and act like it’s fact.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 am 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
If Tomlin had been fired a couple years back like a lot of esteemed posters argued for McAdoo would have been one of the prominent names up for the job

I highly highly doubt that. Why do you think McAdoo would have been considered for the Steelers job?
As an internal candidate for the gmen sure, I don't think he would have been up for any other job and no chance for the Steelers head gig. JMO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:09 am 

And I completely agree this is all about securing a shot at either Darnold or Rosen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 am 

TB wrote:
SP wrote:
The giants have won a playoff game in only 2 of Eli’s 14 seasons. That’s pathetic. 20 active QBs have a higher career QB rating than him. His career completion percentage is under 60%. If not for two playoff runs where his defense carried him he’d be known as a bust.

Pretty sure the guy who is just behind Dan Marino and John Elway with 50K passing yards at #7 all-time would never be considered a “bust.” Holy hyperbole. And you can’t just casually say “well, without those two awesome, historic SB runs...” which is insane to try to set aside when evaluating a player, especially given how much weight we put on championships when evaluating our guys as Steelers fans. Or to say “his defense carried him” which is so bathed in bias it’s ridiculous. His first SB run he won three straight road games with no interceptions, had over 100 QBR in the first two then played clean in Green Bay against Favre before taking out probably the greatest team ever in the SB. His second run he had 9 TDs to just one pick, outplayed Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay and dropped 37 points, 330 yards and 3 TDs, took out a stacked San Fran team on the road with another 300 yard multi-TD game, then completed 30 of 40 for 296 in the SB with another amazing final drive against the Evil Empire again.

But his defense carried him. :lol: Good god the bias.

We probably shouldn’t toss many stones in our glass house in some respects. How many playoff games has Roethlisberger won without the number one rated defense in football? Probably not more than a handful. I mean, our guy won one SB completing 9 passes and another SB scoring 20 whole points. Not exactly Drew Brees-ing it out there throwing for 400 yards and having his defense getting ran the fuck over up and down the field. Ben is obviously a much better QB than Eli, but you can’t just blantantly make up shit about Eli’s career either just to throw dirt on him and act like it’s fact.

Eli's two Super Bowl playoff runs were unbelievable. I don't see how anyone can argue against that. He put up great stats over both runs. He won games on the road as a heavy underdog in places teams almost never win, and played incredibly clutch in extreme weather conditions, including one game where his coach's face froze into varying shades of purple. You can't say that other seasons would necessarily have played out in the same way, but can you imagine the horror if Brady had won the two Super Bowls against the Giants, did win the ones that followed, and was already sitting on seven? Much as I can't forgive The Seahawks and Falcons for throwing away their big games to the Pats, I'm grateful to Eli for slaying them twice. In the first one, the miracle play where he somehow managed to break free from a sack that would have all but ended the game, still amazes me. Given how he played throughout the playoffs in those two seasons, it's surprising to me how mediocre he's been over much of his career outside of that. He's accumulated stats, but even in better times he's often run hot and cold. And his demeanor has always struck me of one who looks confused, a little lost. Perhaps that's just Eli's look. All the more amazing how he played in the playoff runs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next