steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9594
Page 6 of 8

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

Eli Manning is 19th in pass yards per game, 46th in passer rating, and 99th in yards per attempt.

If you play long enough, you can put up some impressive numbers.

Author:  DP39 [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Eli Manning is 19th in pass yards per game, 46th in passer rating, and 99th in yards per attempt.

If you play long enough, you can put up some impressive numbers.

Nice numbers for sure, b2b. Question, have you actually seen the Giants play many games this year? Just curious, because if you have, you would know Eli has little to no time to throw the ball most of the time. His O line pass protection has been the worst I've seen by any O line in years. Losing OBJ and Shepard (many weeks) has giving him one real receiving option in ROOKIE TE, Evan Engram. They can't run the ball, so every defense just plays the pass. I'm surprised his numbers aren't worse actually. Has Eli lost some of his ability? I really don't know, because it's very, very hard to tell with what he's working with. I'm not sure Ben could do much better in that situation. Although, Ben would be on IR by now - knowing the way he plays. Eli has always had the smarts (or lack of guts) to get rid of the ball and not take the hit...thus his streak. Imaging what the Steelers could have accomplished if Ben had started/played every single game of his career though.

Author:  Ice [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Eli Manning is 19th in pass yards per game, 46th in passer rating, and 99th in yards per attempt.

If you play long enough, you can put up some impressive numbers.

Nice numbers for sure, b2b. Question, have you actually seen the Giants play many games this year? Just curious, because if you have, you would know Eli has little to no time to throw the ball most of the time. His O line pass protection has been the worst I've seen by any O line in years. Losing OBJ and Shepard (many weeks) has giving him one real receiving option in ROOKIE TE, Evan Engram. They can't run the ball, so every defense just plays the pass. I'm surprised his numbers aren't worse actually. Has Eli lost some of his ability? I really don't know, because it's very, very hard to tell with what he's working with. I'm not sure Ben could do much better in that situation. Although, Ben would be on IR by now - knowing the way he plays. Eli has always had the smarts (or lack of guts) to get rid of the ball and not take the hit...thus his streak. Imaging what the Steelers could have accomplished if Ben had started/played every single game of his career though.


Ben won XLIII behind the worst offensive line in Super Bowl history, and it isn't even close. Just saying.

Author:  DP39 [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

Ice wrote:
DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Eli Manning is 19th in pass yards per game, 46th in passer rating, and 99th in yards per attempt.

If you play long enough, you can put up some impressive numbers.

Nice numbers for sure, b2b. Question, have you actually seen the Giants play many games this year? Just curious, because if you have, you would know Eli has little to no time to throw the ball most of the time. His O line pass protection has been the worst I've seen by any O line in years. Losing OBJ and Shepard (many weeks) has giving him one real receiving option in ROOKIE TE, Evan Engram. They can't run the ball, so every defense just plays the pass. I'm surprised his numbers aren't worse actually. Has Eli lost some of his ability? I really don't know, because it's very, very hard to tell with what he's working with. I'm not sure Ben could do much better in that situation. Although, Ben would be on IR by now - knowing the way he plays. Eli has always had the smarts (or lack of guts) to get rid of the ball and not take the hit...thus his streak. Imaging what the Steelers could have accomplished if Ben had started/played every single game of his career though.


Ben won XLIII behind the worst offensive line in Super Bowl history, and it isn't even close. Just saying.

You obviously haven't seen the Giants O line play very much this year... :lol: Ben would be dead by now.

To be clear, I'm not saying Eli is better than Ben in any way. Just saying he's much better than some here are trying to portray.

Author:  COR-TEN [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

DP39 wrote:
To be clear, I'm not saying Eli is better than Ben in any way. Just saying he's much better than some here are trying to portray.
I live in NY and have seen the eli play often. I think he's over rated. I also don't think he's average, either. Not as smart as his brother, but more physically talented. This season has been a clusterfuck for them.

Author:  R S [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

i with ya swiss, its ruining my sports talk radio. They have been doing HOURS of show on Eli's benching. It's ridiculous.

Author:  Ice [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

Take a look down the entire offensive roster the Steelers fielded in XLIII. The Giants of this year are deeper and more talented at RB, possibly TE, and likely OL. Justin Hartwig was our OL savior that SB year. Justin Hartwig. Let that sink in. The Steelers had more healthy talent at WR. That's about it.

Author:  GreekSteel [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

Eli is no Ben but hes not close to as bad as being portrayed here by some, Eli has absolute zero to play with in NY right now, no wrs, no running game and a talented TE with a serious case of the dropsies.

Author:  Ice [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

Darnell Stapleton. Carey Davis. Mewelde Moore. Najeh Davenport. Chris Kemoatu. Gary Russell. Trai Essex. All starters or significant contributors.

Mix in some Big Ben and a pretty darn good defense (though only about as expensive, salary cap percentage-wise, as the 2017 NYG), and you get? Super Bowl Champions.

Edit: Just typing that list made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Eli Manning is 19th in pass yards per game, 46th in passer rating, and 99th in yards per attempt.

If you play long enough, you can put up some impressive numbers.

Nice numbers for sure, b2b. Question, have you actually seen the Giants play many games this year? Just curious, because if you have, you would know Eli has little to no time to throw the ball most of the time. His O line pass protection has been the worst I've seen by any O line in years. Losing OBJ and Shepard (many weeks) has giving him one real receiving option in ROOKIE TE, Evan Engram. They can't run the ball, so every defense just plays the pass. I'm surprised his numbers aren't worse actually. Has Eli lost some of his ability? I really don't know, because it's very, very hard to tell with what he's working with. I'm not sure Ben could do much better in that situation. Although, Ben would be on IR by now - knowing the way he plays. Eli has always had the smarts (or lack of guts) to get rid of the ball and not take the hit...thus his streak. Imaging what the Steelers could have accomplished if Ben had started/played every single game of his career though.

I'm giving him a pass for this year-- they have myriad problems and had no post-OBJ plan. I just mean that, overall, his numbers are accumulation from playing on a mediocre/bad team most of his career. His Super Bowl runs and performances are by far the best part of his resumé.

Page 6 of 8 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/