It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6533
Jeemie wrote:
So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?

Hard to say...if the Steelers ever, you know, actually beat the Pats, well...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9247
swissvale72 wrote:
You're the one calling me a pussy, but accusing me of using insults. That's nice, professor. The only point I'm ceding is that if you would rather our opponent have no injuries so that you can enjoy the game more...by your standards, then good for you. My standards are different. I don't worry about enjoying the game. So for me, your premise is a false premise


But Swiss, you have not shown why any of my premises are false. You just say they are. Let's have an argument.

And in my defense, my saying that you are a pussy only applies to your fandom and not other spheres of your life. And I concluded you are a pussy fan via a valid argument (modus ponens).

By all means, you are free to show the premises that lead to the conclusion that you are a pussy fan are unsound. Please do!

I enjoy the games whether opposing starters are in or out. I fear you have misunderstood a very elementary argument.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22675
Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?

Hard to say...if the Steelers ever, you know, actually beat the Pats, well...


We've actually lived to see the Steelers beat the Patriots when the Pats were at full strength.

2011 was not that long ago.

The reason I asked Swiss about Cleveland is by wishing lots of injuries on New England, you want to knock their talent level towards the lesser teams like Cleveland (OK...Cleveland was an exaggeration).

The only distinguishing characteristic would then be the uniforms they wear.

Whatever you personally feel about Lit going full bore logic here...you have to admit it's sweeter to beat the good teams than the bad teams precisely because the good teams are good.

You want to test your team's mettle against the best teams to prove YOU are the best.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7231
Sweeter to beat New England than Cleveland, but just as sweet to beat them with or without Gronk. As I've said, do I think any of those fucks enjoyed their win any less cuz AB was out??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22675
swissvale72 wrote:
Sweeter to beat New England than Cleveland, but just as sweet to beat them with or without Gronk. As I've said, do I think any of those fucks enjoyed their win any less cuz AB was out??


Who cares what they thought?

Explore the question without emotion.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7231
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You're the one calling me a pussy, but accusing me of using insults. That's nice, professor. The only point I'm ceding is that if you would rather our opponent have no injuries so that you can enjoy the game more...by your standards, then good for you. My standards are different. I don't worry about enjoying the game. So for me, your premise is a false premise


But Swiss, you have not shown why any of my premises are false. You just say they are. Let's have an argument.

And in my defense, my saying that you are a pussy only applies to your fandom and not other spheres of your life. And I concluded you are a pussy fan via a valid argument (modus ponens).

By all means, you are free to show the premises that lead to the conclusion that you are a pussy fan are unsound. Please do!

I enjoy the games whether opposing starters are in or out. I fear you have misunderstood a very elementary argument.


It's not up to me to prove I'm not; it's up to you to prove I am. You saying that you have doesn't make it true.

And I've misunderstood nothing. You've advanced a flawed argument around Steeler Fans Best Interest, degree to which one enjoys games, etc. And again, your method of argument is to make a statement, declare it true, and then state that the other person needs to disprove it. Nice trick if you can pull it off. Maybe your students buy that bullshit; I'm not.

Maybe you haven't checked the Rooting for Injury OP in the other forum. Apparently, plenty of pussy fans on this esteemed website according to The Professor Still Lit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7231
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Sweeter to beat New England than Cleveland, but just as sweet to beat them with or without Gronk. As I've said, do I think any of those fucks enjoyed their win any less cuz AB was out??


Who cares what they thought?

Explore the question without emotion.


I'm just making a comparison, and disagreeing with a false premise, in my opinion, that we enjoy the wins more when the opponent is at full strength. Your comparing a win vs. New England to a win vs. Cleveland is a false comparison. The more apt comparison is a win vs. New England when they have all their players to a win when they do not. Earth to Jeems. WHEN does an NFL team have ALL of its important players available??

Given a choice, facing a critical opponent with them at full strength versus missing a key player, I'll take the latter every time. My guess....most on this site would as well. No emotion, just reality. But if you disagree, that's your choice. I'll go for the option that increases my team's chances of winning every time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5372
Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?

Hard to say...if the Steelers ever, you know, actually beat the Pats, well...


We've actually lived to see the Steelers beat the Patriots when the Pats were at full strength.

2011 was not that long ago.

The reason I asked Swiss about Cleveland is by wishing lots of injuries on New England, you want to knock their talent level towards the lesser teams like Cleveland (OK...Cleveland was an exaggeration).

The only distinguishing characteristic would then be the uniforms they wear.



Whatever you personally feel about Lit going full bore logic here...you have to admit it's sweeter to beat the good teams than the bad teams precisely because the good teams are good.

You want to test your team's mettle against the best teams to prove YOU are the best.


Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9247
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You're the one calling me a pussy, but accusing me of using insults. That's nice, professor. The only point I'm ceding is that if you would rather our opponent have no injuries so that you can enjoy the game more...by your standards, then good for you. My standards are different. I don't worry about enjoying the game. So for me, your premise is a false premise


But Swiss, you have not shown why any of my premises are false. You just say they are. Let's have an argument.

And in my defense, my saying that you are a pussy only applies to your fandom and not other spheres of your life. And I concluded you are a pussy fan via a valid argument (modus ponens).

By all means, you are free to show the premises that lead to the conclusion that you are a pussy fan are unsound. Please do!


I enjoy the games whether opposing starters are in or out. I fear you have misunderstood a very elementary argument.


It's not up to me to prove I'm not; it's up to you to prove I am. You saying that you have doesn't make it true.

And I've misunderstood nothing. You've advanced a flawed argument around Steeler Fans Best Interest, degree to which one enjoys games, etc. And again, your method of argument is to make a statement, declare it true, and then state that the other person needs to disprove it. Nice trick if you can pull it off. Maybe your students buy that bullshit; I'm not.

Maybe you haven't checked the Rooting for Injury OP in the other forum. Apparently, plenty of pussy fans on this esteemed website according to The Professor Still Lit.


Swiss, I myself, not you, put forward a few arguments that advance certain conclusions about your position on rooting for injuries.

The arguments under dispute are therefore mine, not yours.

In case you have already forgotten, I provided you with three arguments.

You have since then failed to show in any way at all why I am wrong about any of it.

You again state I have given a flawed argument. But of course you fail to say why. I did not merely give a statement and declare it to be true. That's what you are doing. I have given arguments. Major premise, minor premise, conclusion. These are syllogisms. Valid forms of argumentation. Not assertions. Arguments. What is under dispute, therefore, is not the form of my arguments, but the soundness of the premises. Which you have not bothered to assess.

So to repeat, your position on injuries:
1. Seeks inferior quality wins
2. Seeks inferior pleasure
3. Is a pussy fan position

It is not you who needs to be proved wrong, it is me. Because I am the one who gave arguments.

Refute them, dear Swiss.

You may not buy my BS, but you sure as fuck haven't refuted it.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7231
So let me get this straight, Lit. You spew bullshit...you sort of admit that it's bullshit...but according to the rules of the philosophy department, it stands until I definitively refute it.

That's good work if you can get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group