It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Still Lit wrote:
Don't see a rebuttal in that response, Swiss.

Pussy. Fan. Manifesto.

Pussy.


Hard to rebut the gobbledygook you manufacture, Professor.

I think you're due for a nice, long sabbatical. You tenured? Able to do that?

I think Sunday's game may have brought on a psychotic break, affecting academicians in a unique way....up all night reading Socrates, Plato, Voltaire, et al.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1758
Pussy Man Manifesto is a good band name

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Y-Town Steel wrote:
Pussy Man Manifesto is a good band name


No doubt you'd be a huge fan of a band with that name.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Don't see a rebuttal in that response, Swiss.

Pussy. Fan. Manifesto.

Pussy.


Hard to rebut the gobbledygook you manufacture, Professor.

I think you're due for a nice, long sabbatical. You tenured? Able to do that?

I think Sunday's game may have brought on a psychotic break, affecting academicians in a unique way....up all night reading Socrates, Plato, Voltaire, et al.


This dumb response contains no more refutation than does the last.

You root for injuries to reduce risk of loss. Prefer it because it improves chances of success.

And you wonder why I'm calling that soft?

You must be soft and daft.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Don't see a rebuttal in that response, Swiss.

Pussy. Fan. Manifesto.

Pussy.


Hard to rebut the gobbledygook you manufacture, Professor.

I think you're due for a nice, long sabbatical. You tenured? Able to do that?

I think Sunday's game may have brought on a psychotic break, affecting academicians in a unique way....up all night reading Socrates, Plato, Voltaire, et al.


This dumb response contains no more refutation than does the last.

You root for injuries to reduce risk of loss. Prefer it because it improves chances of success.

And you wonder why I'm calling that soft?

You must be soft and daft.


Here's the refutation, Professor.

I want my team to win. That injuries to one's opponent, increases those chances, that's what I'm rooting for. My team certainly had injuries to overcome going into Sunday's game, then incurred more during the game. It's part of the game.

Your pontificating around positives of this, negatives of this, pleasure quotients, etc. is all bullshit, mumbo-jumbo, nonsensical.

Back to the beginning....my sense is that I'm simply more honest than you about it. You wouldn't object to Brady, Gronk, et al going down either. You would take...pleasure ...in it, though telling yourself you shouldn't feel that way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
swissvale72 wrote:
Here's the refutation, Professor.

I want my team to win. That injuries to one's opponent, increases those chances, that's what I'm rooting for. My team certainly had injuries to overcome going into Sunday's game, then incurred more during the game. It's part of the game.

Your pontificating around positives of this, negatives of this, pleasure quotients, etc. is all bullshit, mumbo-jumbo, nonsensical.

Back to the beginning....my sense is that I'm simply more honest than you about it. You wouldn't object to Brady, Gronk, et al going down either. You would take...pleasure ...in it, though telling yourself you shouldn't feel that way.


That's not a refutation of my position about what your rooting for injuries amounts to.
That's an explanation of your motivation for your position.
Never said I would not take pleasure in it, so that is irrelevant.
Nor is it hypocritical because my position is that I do not *root* for injuries, not that I do not feel this or that pleasure. You do root for injuries. And it is a pussy manifesto (more on this below).
That injuries happen is irrelevant. Your manifesto is not that injuries happen, but that one should root for them as SBI. My response has been that this is not necessarily Steelers Fans Best Interest.
You say it's all subjective.
I say, arguments can be better or worse and you have yet to refute anything I have proposed (calling something mumbo-jumbo is not a refutation).
I am being honest.

Let's review the arguments (an argument is a series of propositions of which one is a conclusion and the others are premises that secure the conclusion). All of the arguments assume we both want the team to win, so stop bringing up the most obvious shit in the world, Swiss, as if you're making any kind of point.

Argument 1 (Quality of wins)

P1: Wins against better quality opponents are objectively better wins.
P2: The better the opposing players (and coaches), the better quality of the opponent.
P3: Therefore, wins against better opposing players (and coaches) are better wins.
Conclusion: Rooting for injuries is rooting for wins of inferior quality.

(Not subjective at all: wins against better players are wins of higher quality: can't wait to see you argue otherwise. I expect you merely to reply that you do not care about quality. Point is, your injury manifesto roots for wins of lower quality. Your not caring is not a refutation.)

Argument 2 (Quality of pleasure)

P1: It is a more and better pleasure to accomplish something difficult than something easy. (P1 is the controversial premise).
P2: Beating a team of higher quality players is more difficult than beating a team of lower quality players.
P3: Therefore, the pleasure of the Steelers beating a team of higher quality players is of higher quality than the pleasure that comes from the Steelers beating a team with lower quality players.
Conclusion: Rooting for injuries is rooting for pleasure of lower quality.

(Regarding P1: I maintain that what is more difficult to accomplish is a pleasure of higher quality. Aiming for pleasures that involve more difficulty and are harder to obtain [e.g., Steelers beating Pats when Pats are at full strength] carry the risk of greater disappointment. So observe that my position of not rooting for injuries because I desire higher quality pleasure and higher quality wins also runs the risk of enduring greater disappointment for the fan. More on this below in argument 3.)

Argument 3 (As a fan, with respect to rooting for injuries, you're a pussy.)

P1: You root for injuries because it decreases risk.
P2: Pussies are risk averse. The pussy seeks to avoid risk as much as possible to guarantee success.
P3: Therefore, you advocate the easiest path to victory as opposed to the highest quality path.
Conclusion: your injury position is a pussy manifesto. You want the competition as weak as possible to ensure success as much as possible.

(You will say you are a prudent fan, not a pussy fan. But of course cowards think the courageous are rash and imprudent. Not calling you a coward. It's an analogy. My honest position is that I do not root for injuries because I favor higher quality of wins and higher quality pleasure. Also, I embrace the increased risk of losing [because I am not a pussy fan, but you will claim I am a stupid fan thus], and therefore enduring pain from the Steelers losing, by wishing for the Steelers to play teams at their best.)

Now, shall you pronounce mumbo-jumbo or actually engage and assess the premises? I ask you, for the moment, to set aside the IP address from whom the arguments issue and instead to concentrate your acumen on the actual content. Indeed, point out why the conclusions are not true given the premises provided.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1758
Still Lit wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
Pussy Man Manifesto is a good band name


No doubt you'd be a huge fan of a band with that name.

Thanks! Err... Fuck You! I'm actually not sure how to take that.

Regardless, I'd be intrigued by a band with that name.

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Here's the refutation, Professor.

I want my team to win. That injuries to one's opponent, increases those chances, that's what I'm rooting for. My team certainly had injuries to overcome going into Sunday's game, then incurred more during the game. It's part of the game.

Your pontificating around positives of this, negatives of this, pleasure quotients, etc. is all bullshit, mumbo-jumbo, nonsensical.

Back to the beginning....my sense is that I'm simply more honest than you about it. You wouldn't object to Brady, Gronk, et al going down either. You would take...pleasure ...in it, though telling yourself you shouldn't feel that way.


That's not a refutation of my position about what your rooting for injuries amounts to.
That's an explanation of your motivation for your position.
Never said I would not take pleasure in it, so that is irrelevant.
Nor is it hypocritical because my position is that I do not *root* for injuries, not that I do not feel this or that pleasure. You do root for injuries. And it is a pussy manifesto (more on this below).
That injuries happen is irrelevant. Your manifesto is not that injuries happen, but that one should root for them as SBI. My response has been that this is not necessarily Steelers Fans Best Interest.
You say it's all subjective.
I say, arguments can be better or worse and you have yet to refute anything I have proposed (calling something mumbo-jumbo is not a refutation).
I am being honest.

Let's review the arguments (an argument is a series of propositions of which one is a conclusion and the others are premises that secure the conclusion). All of the arguments assume we both want the team to win, so stop bringing up the most obvious shit in the world, Swiss, as if you're making any kind of point.

Argument 1 (Quality of wins)

P1: Wins against better quality opponents are objectively better wins.
P2: The better the opposing players (and coaches), the better quality of the opponent.
P3: Therefore, wins against better opposing players (and coaches) are better wins.
Conclusion: Rooting for injuries is rooting for wins of inferior quality.

(Not subjective at all: wins against better players are wins of higher quality: can't wait to see you argue otherwise. I expect you merely to reply that you do not care about quality. Point is, your injury manifesto roots for wins of lower quality. Your not caring is not a refutation.)

Argument 2 (Quality of pleasure)

P1: It is a more and better pleasure to accomplish something difficult than something easy. (P1 is the controversial premise).
P2: Beating a team of higher quality players is more difficult than beating a team of lower quality players.
P3: Therefore, the pleasure of the Steelers beating a team of higher quality players is of higher quality than the pleasure that comes from the Steelers beating a team with lower quality players.
Conclusion: Rooting for injuries is rooting for pleasure of lower quality.

(Regarding P1: I maintain that what is more difficult to accomplish is a pleasure of higher quality. Aiming for pleasures that involve more difficulty and are harder to obtain [e.g., Steelers beating Pats when Pats are at full strength] carry the risk of greater disappointment. So observe that my position of not rooting for injuries because I desire higher quality pleasure and higher quality wins also runs the risk of enduring greater disappointment for the fan. More on this below in argument 3.)

Argument 3 (As a fan, with respect to rooting for injuries, you're a pussy.)

P1: You root for injuries because it decreases risk.
P2: Pussies are risk averse. The pussy seeks to avoid risk as much as possible to guarantee success.
P3: Therefore, you advocate the easiest path to victory as opposed to the highest quality path.
Conclusion: your injury position is a pussy manifesto. You want the competition as weak as possible to ensure success as much as possible.

(You will say you are a prudent fan, not a pussy fan. But of course cowards think the courageous are rash and imprudent. Not calling you a coward. It's an analogy. My honest position is that I do not root for injuries because I favor higher quality of wins and higher quality pleasure. Also, I embrace the increased risk of losing [because I am not a pussy fan, but you will claim I am a stupid fan thus], and therefore enduring pain from the Steelers losing, by wishing for the Steelers to play teams at their best.)

Now, shall you pronounce mumbo-jumbo or actually engage and assess the premises? I ask you, for the moment, to set aside the IP address from whom the arguments issue and instead to concentrate your acumen on the actual content. Indeed, point out why the conclusions are not true given the premises provided.


Hey!! I've figured it out!! I suggested that Still Lit, the Professor, the Purveyor of Mumbo-Jumbo, should use his tenure, if he has any, go on a much-needed sabbatical....leave the hallowed halls of a academica, leave the rigors of the classroom where he's undoubtedly challenged intellectually by his fine students.

Guess what!! Lit is ON the Sabbatical. He's high on a mountaintop in Kathmandu, putting together his latest published work, Enabling an Academic Geek to Intelligently Debate with Internet Yinzers.

It's kind of funny to see the professor calling out people for being pussies. Hey Lit....re: this pleasure quotient that you've been expounding. Do you really believe that there's even one Patriots fan who found Sunday's win less pleasurable because Joe Haden and Ryan Shazier weren't in the lineup, and AB went out early 2Q. Do you think even one New England douchebag is saying, "Goddammit, I would have enjoyed this game so much more if Antonio Brown didn't tear his calf....wish I had gone to the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow reading in the Back Bay instead."

Lit....seriously, you're revealing yourself as more, and more, and more full of shit. Maybe you should travel to Montana, take some lessons from Hesske on how to be a college instructor while not compromising yourself as a Steeler fan. He could teach you a thing or two....starting with basic fuckin' logic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Diidn't see a refutation in that response, Swiss.

Nor even an argument.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Still Lit wrote:
Diidn't see a refutation in that response, Swiss.

Nor even an argument.


Here's the argument.

No one's buying your bullshit about quality wins, pleasure of wins, etc. Only people buying it would be your fellow pointy-headed academicians...who debate regularly on topics like relative happiness, opine about sadness, wax and wane oh so eloquently about the purpose of life.

Rooting for a win is rooting for a win...football, on some level, is a battle of attrition. If the other teams best players can be rendered non-factors via broken bones, torn ligaments, etc., and that helps my team win, I'm all for it.

This is freakin' priceless though...the Aristotle wannabe calling me a pussy. Hahahahahahah!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23689
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Diidn't see a refutation in that response, Swiss.

Nor even an argument.


Here's the argument.

No one's buying your bullshit about quality wins, pleasure of wins, etc. Only people buying it would be your fellow pointy-headed academicians...who debate regularly on topics like relative happiness, opine about sadness, wax and wane oh so eloquently about the purpose of life.

Rooting for a win is rooting for a win...football, on some level, is a battle of attrition. If the other teams best players can be rendered non-factors via broken bones, torn ligaments, etc., and that helps my team win, I'm all for it.

This is freakin' priceless though...the Aristotle wannabe calling me a pussy. Hahahahahahah!!!


So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Diidn't see a refutation in that response, Swiss.

Nor even an argument.


Here's the argument.

No one's buying your bullshit about quality wins, pleasure of wins, etc. Only people buying it would be your fellow pointy-headed academicians...who debate regularly on topics like relative happiness, opine about sadness, wax and wane oh so eloquently about the purpose of life.

Rooting for a win is rooting for a win...football, on some level, is a battle of attrition. If the other teams best players can be rendered non-factors via broken bones, torn ligaments, etc., and that helps my team win, I'm all for it.

This is freakin' priceless though...the Aristotle wannabe calling me a pussy. Hahahahahahah!!!


So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?


Assuming your question is for me, Jeems, the answer is NO, but I don't think that's the point.

If the question is whether I would have the same exact enjoyment if the Steelers win in New England in January and Gronk is sitting in a luxury suite with his leg in a cast, as I would if the Steelers beat the Patriots and Gronk played, the answer would be YES.

Plus, and maybe this the real crux of the issue. If some crackpot like Still Lit feels as though he needs to enjoy the game, derive some pleasure from it....well, good for him. I've often said, "We don't enjoy these games; we suffer through them, and hope we're happy in the end"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Diidn't see a refutation in that response, Swiss.

Nor even an argument.


Here's the argument.

No one's buying your bullshit about quality wins, pleasure of wins, etc. Only people buying it would be your fellow pointy-headed academicians...who debate regularly on topics like relative happiness, opine about sadness, wax and wane oh so eloquently about the purpose of life.

Rooting for a win is rooting for a win...football, on some level, is a battle of attrition. If the other teams best players can be rendered non-factors via broken bones, torn ligaments, etc., and that helps my team win, I'm all for it.

This is freakin' priceless though...the Aristotle wannabe calling me a pussy. Hahahahahahah!!!


Swiss, saying no one is buying my bullshit is not a refutation. It's an assertion. Certainly not an argument.

Your comment about attrition is irrelevant to all three arguments I gave you. I know you're all for the other guys getting injured.

Show me why my premises are untrue or why the conclusions do not follow from them. I mean, I'm assuming you can't at this point or you would do it.

And to be fair, didn't say your whole person was a pussy. I said in respect of rooting for injuries you're a pussy insofar as you are a fan.

Again, feel free to refute the argument.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Diidn't see a refutation in that response, Swiss.

Nor even an argument.


Here's the argument.

No one's buying your bullshit about quality wins, pleasure of wins, etc. Only people buying it would be your fellow pointy-headed academicians...who debate regularly on topics like relative happiness, opine about sadness, wax and wane oh so eloquently about the purpose of life.

Rooting for a win is rooting for a win...football, on some level, is a battle of attrition. If the other teams best players can be rendered non-factors via broken bones, torn ligaments, etc., and that helps my team win, I'm all for it.

This is freakin' priceless though...the Aristotle wannabe calling me a pussy. Hahahahahahah!!!


Swiss, saying no one is buying my bullshit is not a refutation. It's an assertion. Certainly not an argument.

Your comment about attrition is irrelevant to all three arguments I gave you. I know you're all for the other guys getting injured.

Show me why my premises are untrue or why the conclusions do not follow from them. I mean, I'm assuming you can't at this point or you would do it.

And to be fair, didn't say your whole person was a pussy. I said in respect of rooting for injuries you're a pussy insofar as you are a fan.

Again, feel free to refute the argument.


It's more that I think your premises, re: enjoyment, pleasure, Steeler Fans Best Interest....are irrelevant, or generously, pale in comparison to simply having our team win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Again, your thinking my concerns about your position on rooting for injuries are irrelevant does not mean that they are not true or unsound.

So, to be clear, you have not at all called into question anything I have said.

You have merely said that you do not care.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
Image

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Still Lit wrote:
Again, your thinking my concerns about your position on rooting for injuries are irrelevant does not mean that they are not true or unsound.

So, to be clear, you have not at all called into question anything I have said.

You have merely said that you do not care.


I'm saying it depends upon the person....

*Someone like you, who places a premium on their enjoyment, their pleasure, and connects that to beating an opponent who is playing at full strength, in a game where any team is rarely at full strength...maybe you have a point, irrelevant as it might be. And I say this noting that you've commented at least once, that the way the Steelers were playing was "boring as fuck," as though that matters.

*Someone like me, who will enjoy the win against a team like the Patriots, Ravens, etc. regardless of who doesn't play, and wherein Steelers chances to win are enhanced by injuries to the opposition....your position is most definitely not true and unsound.

And I wish I could find you on Rate My Professor....'cuz your students probably think you suck...and.....Boring as Fuck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Again, your thinking my concerns about your position on rooting for injuries are irrelevant does not mean that they are not true or unsound.

So, to be clear, you have not at all called into question anything I have said.

You have merely said that you do not care.


I'm saying it depends upon the person....

*Someone like you, who places a premium on their enjoyment, their pleasure, and connects that to beating an opponent who is playing at full strength, in a game where any team is rarely at full strength...maybe you have a point, irrelevant as it might be. And I say this noting that you've commented at least once, that the way the Steelers were playing was "boring as fuck," as though that matters.

*Someone like me, who will enjoy the win against a team like the Patriots, Ravens, etc. regardless of who doesn't play, and wherein Steelers chances to win are enhanced by injuries to the opposition....your position is most definitely not true and unsound.

And I wish I could find you on Rate My Professor....'cuz your students probably think you suck...and.....Boring as Fuck.
If you keep attacking, I'll keep making pop corn. Kinda like watching a train wreck from my back yard deck. Treated I might add, with some nifty details learned from "this old house" on PBS.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Again, your thinking my concerns about your position on rooting for injuries are irrelevant does not mean that they are not true or unsound.

So, to be clear, you have not at all called into question anything I have said.

You have merely said that you do not care.


I'm saying it depends upon the person....

*Someone like you, who places a premium on their enjoyment, their pleasure, and connects that to beating an opponent who is playing at full strength, in a game where any team is rarely at full strength...maybe you have a point, irrelevant as it might be. And I say this noting that you've commented at least once, that the way the Steelers were playing was "boring as fuck," as though that matters.

*Someone like me, who will enjoy the win against a team like the Patriots, Ravens, etc. regardless of who doesn't play, and wherein Steelers chances to win are enhanced by injuries to the opposition....your position is most definitely not true and unsound.

And I wish I could find you on Rate My Professor....'cuz your students probably think you suck...and.....Boring as Fuck.


But Swiss, you not only admit that I "might have a point" but again merely assert that some of my premises are unsound. Assertions are not refutations.

Please, tell us why. Perhaps you think it is possible to insult your way toward a refutation. You may even think insults are arguments. They are not.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
You're the one calling me a pussy, but accusing me of using insults. That's nice, professor. The only point I'm ceding is that if you would rather our opponent have no injuries so that you can enjoy the game more...by your standards, then good for you. My standards are different. I don't worry about enjoying the game. So for me, your premise is a false premise


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7093
Jeemie wrote:
So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?

Hard to say...if the Steelers ever, you know, actually beat the Pats, well...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
swissvale72 wrote:
You're the one calling me a pussy, but accusing me of using insults. That's nice, professor. The only point I'm ceding is that if you would rather our opponent have no injuries so that you can enjoy the game more...by your standards, then good for you. My standards are different. I don't worry about enjoying the game. So for me, your premise is a false premise


But Swiss, you have not shown why any of my premises are false. You just say they are. Let's have an argument.

And in my defense, my saying that you are a pussy only applies to your fandom and not other spheres of your life. And I concluded you are a pussy fan via a valid argument (modus ponens).

By all means, you are free to show the premises that lead to the conclusion that you are a pussy fan are unsound. Please do!

I enjoy the games whether opposing starters are in or out. I fear you have misunderstood a very elementary argument.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23689
Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
So you get the same enjoyment from the Steelers beating Cleveland as you do from them beating New England?

The exact same enjoyment?

Hard to say...if the Steelers ever, you know, actually beat the Pats, well...


We've actually lived to see the Steelers beat the Patriots when the Pats were at full strength.

2011 was not that long ago.

The reason I asked Swiss about Cleveland is by wishing lots of injuries on New England, you want to knock their talent level towards the lesser teams like Cleveland (OK...Cleveland was an exaggeration).

The only distinguishing characteristic would then be the uniforms they wear.

Whatever you personally feel about Lit going full bore logic here...you have to admit it's sweeter to beat the good teams than the bad teams precisely because the good teams are good.

You want to test your team's mettle against the best teams to prove YOU are the best.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7451
Sweeter to beat New England than Cleveland, but just as sweet to beat them with or without Gronk. As I've said, do I think any of those fucks enjoyed their win any less cuz AB was out??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23689
swissvale72 wrote:
Sweeter to beat New England than Cleveland, but just as sweet to beat them with or without Gronk. As I've said, do I think any of those fucks enjoyed their win any less cuz AB was out??


Who cares what they thought?

Explore the question without emotion.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group