It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brady Has Grown More Antsy In The Pocket
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 pm 

I'm quoting Steven Ruiz - As the season has worn on, this has become more of an issue. Watch Brady play in September, and he looks like a totally different quarterback. His feet are calm, he's more decisive with his throws and he appears to be more willing to hang in the pocket in order to hit on big plays. I'm looking forward to Dick Lebeau using the fact that Brady being paranoid about contact.

Post subject: Re: Brady Has Grown More Antsy In The Pocket
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm 

League will never allow NE to lose, so we can just hope Brady ruptures his achilles.

I think WC weekend was a mult-year low in ratings, and TEN/KC was absolutely abysmal. I would be absolutely shocked if NE and PIT don't advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:06 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
League will never allow NE to lose, so we can just hope Brady ruptures his achilles.

I think WC weekend was a mult-year low in ratings, and TEN/KC was absolutely abysmal. I would be absolutely shocked if NE and PIT don't advance.

Do you think the Cabal/league will allow fans to go to sleep Saturday night with the knowledge that TN, a team with a fan base of 2 million will be in the AFCCG? If by some extraordinary circumstances that did happen the league would never allow TN Jax championship. A hit on Brady, another freak play, something beyond league control.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:10 pm 

blu wrote:
I'm quoting Steven Ruiz - As the season has worn on, this has become more of an issue. Watch Brady play in September, and he looks like a totally different quarterback. His feet are calm, he's more decisive with his throws and he appears to be more willing to hang in the pocket in order to hit on big plays. I'm looking forward to Dick Lebeau using the fact that Brady being paranoid about contact.

Just like Keith Butler, LeBeau has to employ the gameplan he used in 2011 - pressure up the middle + man coverage with zone sprinkled in. IDK if Butler has the personnel to pull it off. Early in the season, the Pats offense was parading up and down the field. Unfortunately for them, the pats defense was being paraded up and down the field as well. NE's offense became more pedestrian to hide its defense. Brady has long been a fainting goat when pressured - this is nothing new.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm 

Brady is still good, and deadly in key situations, but he's in age decline. Brady this year reminds me of Manning in 2014. The following year, Manning was atrocious. Hope that holds up here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 pm 

I have some patriot fans on my social media feeds.

Some of them shared a teaser trailer for some video that some company did about Brady and his durability. The teaser seemed to focus on his fitness routine, diet, etc, etc.

All I could think about while watching it was "Of course the guy is durable, he's never taken a legit hit in his life."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 pm 

11-2 and highest passer rating of any QB against any single team in over 25 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm 

Lance Armstrong outliers :lol: 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:26 pm 

Brady's been less effective over the past month or so, off on his passes....is battling some injuries.

His best game? Against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

This may seem a little odd, but I've heard Brady say that he LOVES playing in Heinz Field, loves the venue, the energy, the excitement. Solely related to Brady....I'm hoping we see a less effective Brady in Foxboro.

I'm not being all the stuff about the league not allowing certain matchups. The Patriots certainly get some calls....but I don't think it's the point where it's determinitive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:28 pm 

I can think of one call that was pretty determinative off the top of my head...