It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:53 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I don't read the comics, so is there a lot in the story line after Negan dies?

I've gotten most of the story from Wikipedia/Internet. I don't care enough about the show to worry if I'm spoiling anything.

And what are you really going to spoil? This show is nothing more, now, than going from one conflict with another survivor community to the next.

I'm about done with the show - I'm more interested in seeing an actual move toward rebuilding and re-connecting society. The whole "warring clan" thing is completely played out.

Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people. And why are there few/none with former military experience? Where's the community led by a former Army colonel kicking ass and taking names?

Or just the military in general. It's like the entire military just disappeared. I don't think a bunch of roving bands of thugs are going to take out the entire US military in the couple years the story has taken place.

And the almost completely harmless zombie population sure as hell isn't going to do it. Some chick with a sword can take down 20 zombies by herself, but we're supposed to believe Navy SEALs and Green Berets with a full arsenal never stood a chance?

A prison with a chain link fence was able to keep hordes of zombies at bay, but none of the military bases survived?

There isn't a single air force installation still operable that isn't carpet bombing the hordes of zombies into oblivion?

There's just a lot of things about the story are conveniently forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:13 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I don't read the comics, so is there a lot in the story line after Negan dies?

I've gotten most of the story from Wikipedia/Internet. I don't care enough about the show to worry if I'm spoiling anything.

And what are you really going to spoil? This show is nothing more, now, than going from one conflict with another survivor community to the next.

I'm about done with the show - I'm more interested in seeing an actual move toward rebuilding and re-connecting society. The whole "warring clan" thing is completely played out.

Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people. And why are there few/none with former military experience? Where's the community led by a former Army colonel kicking ass and taking names?

Or just the military in general. It's like the entire military just disappeared. I don't think a bunch of roving bands of thugs are going to take out the entire US military in the couple years the story has taken place.

And the almost completely harmless zombie population sure as hell isn't going to do it. Some chick with a sword can take down 20 zombies by herself, but we're supposed to believe Navy SEALs and Green Berets with a full arsenal never stood a chance?

A prison with a chain link fence was able to keep hordes of zombies at bay, but none of the military bases survived?

There isn't a single air force installation still operable that isn't carpet bombing the hordes of zombies into oblivion?

There's just a lot of things about the story are conveniently forgotten.

Or that fact that in the timeframe of the show zombies would of totally decomposed into nothing.

So many wtf's im sure it's why the original creative writers of the show dropped.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:50 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Or that fact that in the timeframe of the show zombies would of totally decomposed into nothing.

So many wtf's im sure it's why the original creative writers of the show dropped.

That's why there aren't many left out there and aren't much of a threat. Supposedly they can go into an extremely low metabolic "hibernation" state. But Negan mentioned a problem with his walker-wall literally decomposing and falling apart.

As for the military, yeah that's a fairly big hole. The zombies move too slow, and the turning process happens too slowly, to over-run anything, much less trained armies. I've never watched the prequel series (and have no interest in doing so), but how the zombie "herd" reached critical mass is hard to resolve based on what we know.

For comparison, The Strain did the outbreak and spread very well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 pm 

Here's another good one for ya....it's been at least two years - gasoline goes bad long before then.

If you took gas/cars out of the equation, the dynamic changes massively.

I want to see these people start running out of shit - candles, propane, batteries, etc..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:56 am 

Why I have stopped watching. Too insufferable with the melodrama/soap opera crap. Not the real feel IT started out with, anymore.
Fear the Walking Dead has managed to keep my attention. Once that series returns I'll be intrigued. It's still fairly young in it's inception though so we'll see how things unfold.
Into the Badlands has returned and I've started to warm up to that series. The first season wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Still young in it's inception too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Here's another good one for ya....it's been at least two years - gasoline goes bad long before then.

I want to see these people start running out of shit - candles, propane, batteries, etc..

Didn't really know that gas would go bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 am 

Kodiak wrote:

http://www.livescience.com/58117-does-g ... o-bad.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:56 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

http://www.livescience.com/58117-does-g ... o-bad.html

(we need a thumbs up emoticon)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people.

In the USA? I find it totally believable! All of our real leaders are sociopaths and crazy people.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:44 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people.

In the USA? I find it totally believable! All of our real leaders are sociopaths and crazy people.

Exactly.

We're turning into the asshole of planet Earth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next