It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hollywood is creatively bankrupt
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:48 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
I've had Suicide Squad sitting on the dvr for several weeks and finally watched it. It's fucking terrible. Just horrendous. Do not watch this movie.

I was one of a few people I know who actually liked Suicide Squad, but I went in knowing what to expect.

The only thing that movie had going for it was Margot Robbie's ass. That's it. I honestly can't believe anyone likes that movie.

Bad ass sound track and some decent fighting scenes too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm 

Life is good.

Also rumor has it that it's an origin story to the upcoming Venom solo flick.

Inherent Vice was pretty good too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm 

John Wick chapter 2 was also disappointing. Typical sequel I suppose. Kinda looking forward to the Super Friends film. Life was another typical predictable syfy wanna be thriller. Disappointed.

A movie that I really liked and still watch from time to time is the Man Who Knew Infinity. The Shack was really good.

Bitter Harvest wasn't bad either. Really liked Split too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:33 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
John Wick chapter 2 was also disappointing. Typical sequel I suppose. Kinda looking forward to the Super Friends film. Life was another typical predictable syfy wanna be thriller. Disappointed.

A movie that I really liked and still watch from time to time is the Man Who Knew Infinity. The Shack was really good.

Bitter Harvest wasn't bad either. Really liked Split too.

See, I thought Split was awful.

The plot didn't go anywhere and the supporting cast were fairly poor actors/actresses. McAvoy was as good as he could be, but the story was full of holes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:18 am 

Split isn't the best movie I've seen granted and for all the "holes" in the storyline I felt it really fit well within the film premise. I liked it from the standpoint that a film like that hasn't been done in the perspective expressed in the film. From both the victim and the offender. Usually, in one or the other. Not both at the same time. I found it in the least entertaining enough to keep my interest. I pretty much agree the Suicide Squad wasn't as good as all the hype. Poorly orchestrated and too gimmicky. Margot Robbie's ass wasn't all that great either. That said, I still very much adore her, 8-) . What sold me on the film was the Joker. Jared Leto did a fantastic job portraying the psychotic genius I thought. I waited for DVD anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 pm 

I watched Gangs of New York and Lincoln on HBO recently.

Both very good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:04 am 

Baby Driver is awesome. Go see it. 100% worth watching in the theater.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:56 pm 

I'm looking forward to 'Dunkirk'.

If anyone is interested in the a book about the subject I suggest 'Dunkirk:Retreat to Victory.'
It details nearly every battle that took place in France when Germany stormed the country. Included is a bit about the French army capturing Rommel. He managed to escape from his captors which is par for the course when you consider the French.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
I'm looking forward to 'Dunkirk'.

If anyone is interested in the a book about the subject I suggest 'Dunkirk:Retreat to Victory.'
It details nearly every battle that took place in France when Germany stormed the country. Included is a bit about the French army capturing Rommel. He managed to escape from his captors which is par for the course when you consider the French.

I'm in. Amazing military story. Civilians with every type of craft imaginable risked it all to cross the Channel to save trapped soldiers. I raved in this thread about Their Finest, film within the film is story about two 20ish sisters in their dad's fishing boat who attempted such a Dunkirk rescue.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:39 pm 

The Cure for Wellness was interestingly weird. Kind of a frankenstein-esque premise. Worth a watch IMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next