It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Direct-TV
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:05 pm 

Just got my statement from Direct-TV and they want $62 x 6 months for the Sunday ticket. Usually, if you call them and threated to drop Sunday Ticket, they will sweeten the deal (reduced cost & through in some movie channels). Has anyone worked out a deal with them yet?

Post subject: Re: Direct-TV
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:17 pm 

I tried a few weeks ago, wouldn't give me anything. I'll try again after the season starts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 pm 

black & gold in FL wrote:
Just got my statement from Direct-TV and they want $62 x 6 months for the Sunday ticket. Usually, if you call them and threated to drop Sunday Ticket, they will sweeten the deal (reduced cost & through in some movie channels). Has anyone worked out a deal with them yet?

1. Wait til the day before it runs out tell them what you want and that you will pay the whole year upfront for $300

2. If you just want Sunday Ticket and their associated minimum package. Let it run out. Go to abar the 1st week or 2. Call them up tell them you got $200 upfront for the duration.

Get everything in writing through email.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:44 pm 

Is that your all-in, cable and Sunday Ticket? Or is that just for Sunday Ticket?

I'm sure the quality is probably better, but you can get online (Canada one posted a bit back) as low as $80 for the season. There have also been a few different online streaming options for @ $200 for the season.

I have done a couple of those online options - both PS3 and internet only (which I hook up to my tv via HDMI). It's gotten better, but expect either to glitch/freeze/skip several times in a game (and I do mean, literally, 5-6 times a game) early in the year. There is also about a 30 second lag if you're someone who posts in the game thread while watching.

So generally the service is good. HOWEVER, each of the last two seasons the service was entirely unuseable for 1 or 2 games. Considering there are only 6-8 games you need it to watch, that is REALLY CRAPPY service.

I run a VPN and will probably hit up that Canadian deal. No way am I shelling out for that PS3/internet crap again (unless, like last year, I wait until the last minute and do it out of desperation).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 pm 

Damn....just looked at packages are starting at $70 per month = $280 for the season (by the way, one year I simply didn't pay two months I didn't need it and somehow skated for 2 months when technically it was a 4 month agreement....because they were billing my PS3 account, which I needed to reload with funds every month).

Best bet is definitely that Canadian deal for $80, or NFL Game Pass for $99....you just need to go thru the hassle of setting up a VPN, which can be free (although you probably should be using one, and better ones run $40-$80 a year).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 pm 

Made my yearly "i'm gonna cancel if u don't do something " call. Got 17.00 off the 6 monthly Sunday Ticket payments and if I agree to a 1 year contract will get 20.00 off bill for 12 months on top of that. So essentially a $342.00 deal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:55 am 

Yep, based on where I live in Brooklyn I will be spending $200 for the year for the Ticket on my Roku.

Everyone bitched before last season, but I thought it was awesome....and a great deal!

All that money I would spend at the bar...doesn't hurt that I have a 15 month-old running around my place. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 am 

doesn't anyone use the firestick 39.00 dollars.. add Kodi and a few programs and all is up and running.. After last year, I found that most of the games were on TV anyway.. I only used direct tv for a few games.. I canceled my direct tv and use FireStick for my sports and movies... Have Uverse for everything else.. My cable bill has gone down almost 200 per month since the canceling of DirectTV.. I don't miss it one single bit..
and if all else fails.. I have a sports bar within walking distance from my house..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 am 

Tundralag wrote:
doesn't anyone use the firestick 39.00 dollars.. add Kodi and a few programs and all is up and running.. After last year, I found that most of the games were on TV anyway.. I only used direct tv for a few games.. I canceled my direct tv and use FireStick for my sports and movies... Have Uverse for everything else.. My cable bill has gone down almost 200 per month since the canceling of DirectTV.. I don't miss it one single bit..
and if all else fails.. I have a sports bar within walking distance from my house..

what add-on are you using for the games? The sports add-ons i have are extremely unreliable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am 

Tundralag wrote:

I could never get Kodi to work last year.

Do you have any updated instructions?

I have a feed I've been using for years...I think it's still existent. I will find out.

But I always like alternatives.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"