It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kevin Mockbert
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 pm 

I don’t know who this new and improved Kevin Colbert guy is but I’m digging his aggressive yet low cost approach to patching holes on his roster.

1, ) Ronnie Harrison 6’3 215 S Alabama- A presence. Walloped super frosh Cam Akers in first half of bama/FSU showdown here in Atlanta before buckling Deondre Francois' knee late in the 4th qtr. If Colbert pulls off the coup de gras to his last minute push for a title and signs TJ Ward, I still think a punisher like Harrison would be a big get literally and figuratively for a snake bit secondary.

2.) Adonis Alexander 6’3 195 CB Virginia Tech- Another tall tree for the secondary. Like Joe Haden, Colbert usually moves about as fast as a turtle with a broken leg so I was pleasantly stunned by the speed Colbert showed in signing his guy Haden. Anyway, mocking Alexander sight unseen will give me something to watch tomorrow night when the Hokies do battle with WVU.

3.) Roquan Smith 6’1 225 ILB Georgia- Vocal leader of a fast, physical, and violent ‘Dawgs front 7. Coach Kirby Smart went so far as to compare him to his former Bama All-American CJ Mosely. As much as I’m liking the roll Colbert is on, I’m hoping he doesn’t commit to Ryan Shazier long term. I’m not piling on. I just don’t trust him to stay healthy.

4C.) Tony Brown 6’0 198 CB Alabama- In and out of Nick Saban’s doghouse, Brown is a fast, physical corner who was one of many tide defenders to blast Francois in this contest. Gawd Damn that kid takes a freaking beating! Anyway, Cam Sutton’s inability to stay healthy not Colbert’s fault. Kid can play. Kid can’t stay healthy. I’m highly annoyed by the fragility of the modern athlete.

5T) Deebo Samuel 6’0 215 WR South Carolina- Big win for the Cocks today over a talented NcSt team. Deebo is a gifted playmaker who scored 2 tds today, one of the 97 yard kick return variety. I’m digging the final 53 but I don’t see a viable return man. Anyway, WR is not a need if the white-hot Colbert heeds my advice and gives Martavis a vote of confidence and sign him to a suspension loop hole laiden long tern deal.

5.) Jason Cabinda 6’1 225 ILB Penn St- Intense. Dig this kid. Has the big, wide eyes of Samurai Mike Singletary. I have little doubt new Colbert will tirelessly work to upgrade the worst group of inside linebackers on a Steelers team in my 46 years of life.

6T.) DeMarcus Christmas 6’4 308 DT Florida St.- No relation to Lloyd. Derrick Nnadi is the headliner but Christmas wreaked some havoc in the 1st half vs Bama tonight.

6.) Ralph Webb 5’9 202 RB Vanderbilt- Just a little fella but damn fun to watch play the game of football. Will finish his stellar SEC career 2nd in rushing to only the great Herschel Walker. Assuming my guy Kev can’t sign Lev long term, then just franchise him again and hope he and Ben are back to play for Lombardi #8 ;)

Thanks as always for reading. College football is here in all its glory and the NFL is just around the corner.

Last edited by SteelDrama on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Kevin Mockbert
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:51 pm 

is roquan smith more of buck or mack ?

I think VW can do fine in the buck role

IF

He has someone good handling the mack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 am 

I do not think they have 2 6th rounders. The one for the Coates trade is their own back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:42 pm 

I like it, but they need some OLB's. Deebo's last year, Moats needs replaced.
Grab an OLB in the 4th, CB in the 5th.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 pm 

Agree with cop. As per the standard a solid effort from Drama. Look forward to seeing more...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:22 pm 

I think there is a pretty large drop off at ILB once you get beyond pick 20-25. I expect the Steelers draft at 32. 8-)

We need a plug and play rookie at the mack backer spot to upgrade Shazier. I hope the Steelers package some picks a jump up to get the best ILB in the draft.

FS will be available later.

Deebo is signed til 2019. Im ok with Dupree TJ Deebo and then whoever at OLB til 1 of those 3 cant hack it.

I hope they dont even consider OLB til at least the 5th rd and maybe not at all

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 pm 

Just some players that stood out to me yesterday. Lotta talent in that Bama/FSU game. Awesome display of tackling and special teams by Bama in particular.

Somebody let me know Steelers picks this year I can't keep up w all the trades.

Also, anybody know of a good site with some player rankings? CBS site a mess not a lengthy prospect list like years past. Rang get fired or something???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm 

1+3 Malik Jefferson ILB Texas
3 Cole Reyes S North Dakota
4 Javon Roland Jones OLB Ark St
4 Tyquan Lewis OLB OSU
5 Timon Parris OT Stony Brook
5 Tony Adams C/G NC State
5 Davontae Harris Illinois State

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Somebody let me know Steelers picks this year I can't keep up w all the trades.

5. From San Fran
7. Conditional pick from NYG (Cockrell)

Steelers have no pick in the 4th (part of the McDonald trade)

The 6th was traded to the Browns for Gilbert, then back to the Steelers for Coates, then to the Bucs for Wilcox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 am 

1.FS
2.CB
3.ILB
5.OLB
5.WR
7.DT
7.OLB

1.QB
2.TE
3.G