It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tomlin Tuesday Presser
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 am 

For all you creatures of habit, if you will. Time to be on the screws. It's Tuesday, obviously. Time for a press conference type atmosphere if you will.

Post subject: Re: Tomlin Tuesday Presser
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:03 pm 

We're always trying to get better this time of year and acquire guys that fit us. Working to see what their contributions will be in regards to the three new guys. Haden, McDonald, and Wilcox

Bell is back in the building and in great condition.

Still sorting through kick and punt return duties and division of labors positionly with 3rd WR, 4th CB, 2nd TE etc.

Excited to play Cleveland in the opener. AFC Norff football.

Mike Mitchell is questionable, but optimistic about all parties involved with injuries.

Justin Hunter has been consistent playmaker across the process from OTAs through preseason. Size and speed guy.

Preparing for coach Jackson not whoever QB is in Cleveland.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:04 pm 

The Browns on paper have made some decent moves to turn things in the right direction, but they are the Browns so we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 pm 

T.W. wrote:
The Browns on paper have made some decent moves to turn things in the right direction, but they are the Browns so we'll see.

Kizer is a playmaker. We tip our hat to the Browns brass for selecting this fine man. Obviously there's not a body of work on him, but his playmaking ability was evident in the preseason. We will have our hands full trying to contain him in his first ever regular season action. I know Keith will employ some of our best vanilla zone coverages to try and limit the damage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:25 pm 

T.W. wrote:

I give the Browns props for making hard decisions with their roster. I'd say if they are right about the QB they have enough OL talent to be decent to good. But the problem with that organization is sticking to a plan long enough to see results

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:26 pm 

I don't think Kizer has what it takes to be a successful NFL QB. Glad we get to face him, not Brady wk 1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:01 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
T.W. wrote:

I give the Browns props for making hard decisions with their roster. I'd say if they are right about the QB they have enough OL talent to be decent to good. But the problem with that organization is sticking to a plan long enough to see results

They still have a whole lot of nothing at WR & TE, and their RBs are meh.

Their other big problem is the inability to develop talent.....and when they do develop guys, they tend to bolt at the first opportunity (Sheard, Mack, Schwartz, Ward, Benjamin, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:39 pm 

Lynch wrote:
I don't think Kizer has what it takes to be a successful NFL QB.

Color me shocked.

See what I did there?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 pm 

Are you ready for some football and things of that nature

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 pm 

Pabst wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
T.W. wrote:

They still have a whole lot of nothing at WR & TE, and their RBs are meh.

Their other big problem is the inability to develop talent.....and when they do develop guys, they tend to bolt at the first opportunity (Sheard, Mack, Schwartz, Ward, Benjamin, etc.)

Really good points. They're still trying to do it the right way though, although I don't think they should've used three first round picks this year, seems a year or two too early. But still, next year they've got:

2 firsts
3 seconds
1 third
2 fourths
2 fifths

That's a ton of ammo to keep building the roster up, or trade back more to accumulate even more future assets.