It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nicasio
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 am 

Trolling? No - I don't troll anybody. A passionate hatred for the system that ruined baseball in Pittsburgh- yes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Trolling? No - I don't troll anybody. A passionate hatred for the system that ruined baseball in Pittsburgh- yes.

Markets of similar size to Pittsburgh continue to flourish in this system. While many of the large market/revenue franchises flounder. It isn't a perfect system but it is not the primary reason for the Pirates troubles. This system has been greatly improved over the last ten years which covers the last two CBAs. And at this point it is not really worse or better than any of the other sports.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:27 am 

The Phillies flipped Nicasio to the Cardinals for a legitimate 22 year old infield prospect. Think about that for a second. Nicasio had so much value that the Phillies were able to get a real prospect for him AFTER the September 1st deadline for playoff roster eligibility. Nicasio can help the Cardinals this month but if they sneak into the playoffs he would not be eligible. Neal Huntington botched the shit out of this situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:44 am 

SteelPro wrote:
The Phillies flipped Nicasio to the Cardinals for a legitimate 22 year old infield prospect. Think about that for a second. Nicasio had so much value that the Phillies were able to get a real prospect for him AFTER the September 1st deadline for playoff roster eligibility. Nicasio can help the Cardinals this month but if they sneak into the playoffs he would not be eligible. Neal Huntington botched the shit out of this situation.

So to recap.

A playoff contender in the Pirates' own division got Nicasio anyway, and the Phillies, not us, got a prospect.

Yep- that worked out GREAT.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:09 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

So to recap.

A playoff contender in the Pirates' own division got Nicasio anyway, and the Phillies, not us, got a prospect.

Yep- that worked out GREAT.

wow...
u cant make this shit up..one positive..if there ever was a doubt everyone who cares sees the real state of pirates and ownership and what makes them tick..there is no question now what so ever that greed and profit rule..no defenders left. they can keep spinning but the gigs up..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:34 am 

I'm super surprised this is a breaking point for some people and not ... not 20+ years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:19 am 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
I'm super surprised this is a breaking point for some people and not ... not 20+ years ago.

This is probably the first time it's been this outright overt.

It came at a time the Pirates were not technically out of the race, and the "explanation" for the move was so off the rails bizarre that everyone took notice.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Hahahahahahaha - just wondering how you guys are feeling about all that time you've invested in your beloved Buccos? Good luck to you both rooting for small market baseball!

I invest my time in baseball, not necessarily the Pirates. That is because I still play in adult leagues and I umpire amateur ball. And I follow the entire MLB. Frankly, this Pirates team I've invested very little in. I haven't gone to a game at PNC in two years. I haven't watched a live inning of a Pirates game since the Little League classic. I'm mostly just catching highlights and reading an article here or there. And probably half my posts on this forum are actually debating with you. So whatever time I'm invested in rooting for small market baseball is probably on par with the time and energy you invest complaining about the sport.

I used to love the sport but how anybody including yourself can be interested in this system is beyond me. The players union has ruined MLB especially in Pittsburgh. Real happy the NFL and NHL have a clue, although the NFL is heading into a category 5 shit storm during these next negotiations. Lock them all out. They would be begging to play on a corrected pay scale. Begging. Never will happen but I can day dream.

I root for the city and the colors- could care less about the players. I'd even root for you in black and gold.

You are almost the perfect fan for Nutting. You know that cheap son of a bitch loves when fans throw their hands in the air and blame MLB and the "system".

"Poor old Bob Nutting's doing his best but he doesn't stand a chance because of the small market and not salary cap" says the Rube Pirates fan.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:18 pm 

bucs get the double wammy...crappy system in mlb and the worst owner in mlb...bad combo and its shown itself on field..dude should be clubbed like a baby seal for what he has done to the once proud franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:16 pm 

Nicasio makes his Cards debut with the 4 out save...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next