It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1539
How can this defense ever get to an optimal level with this guy never on the field.

I just don't see someone who never practices being able to make an impact. This guy won't make it thru the year, ask any orthopedic, Bell will have an awful hard time making it thru the year. Ben can't make it a full season either. Pouncey...

Everyone is excited for the season, as they should be, but we have too many injury prone guys on this team and dummies imo.

I'm hoping Conner gets some carries, but MT sucks Bell's cock and lets him do what he wants so I'm guessing he's on the field for 2 snaps. Dude is selfish and shouldn't get all the snaps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 814
So... Bud played in 16 games in 2015. He's really had just one injury -- granted, it caused him to miss 11 games last season. But to say he never, ever practices or plays isn't accurate.

And how does Tomlin let Bell do whatever he wants? What would you do differently? There is an argument to be made that Bell's workload should be reduced to increase his longevity and effectiveness late into the season and post-season, but do you bench a top-3 RB because he held out of training camp? Do you give him a vicious tongue lashing? Or do you have some understanding of how business is done in the NFL and realize that there is nothing you can do to prevent a holdout?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4125
Image

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 814
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.


This honestly isn't even entertaining. Your trolling is poorly done and lacks any subtlety or charm. I don't think you've elicited anger or laughter from any of the board members. You have failed at your one task. Regroup, rethink your strategy, and come back later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14255
Not an issue to panic over. Could just be precautionary coach's decision. Move Watt over to LOLB and keep Deebo at ROLB. :twisted: 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 869
I share the OPs frustration.
WTF?!?! Was my reaction to Bud yet again on injury report
Too many soft players not just on Steelers its a league wide epidemic
The Chiefs beat the Pats
The Chiefs lost Berry for the season
The Steelers can win the AFC
Not looking like key players such as Bud and Shaz can be counted on


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 360
It is a long season. If his ankle is not right, this is a good game to miss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 1039
Quote:
Steelers OLB Bud Dupree (shoulder) is questionable for Week 1 against the Browns.
Dupree popped up on the injury report as limited with a shoulder issue Thursday, suggesting he suffered the injury in practice. The fact he was not able to go on Friday raises red flags. Anthony Chickillo is next up on the depth chart.

Rotoworld 5:07pm

Its a shoulder, not an ankle.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1539
Laying the Wood wrote:
So... Bud played in 16 games in 2015. He's really had just one injury -- granted, it caused him to miss 11 games last season. But to say he never, ever practices or plays isn't accurate.

And how does Tomlin let Bell do whatever he wants? What would you do differently? There is an argument to be made that Bell's workload should be reduced to increase his longevity and effectiveness late into the season and post-season, but do you bench a top-3 RB because he held out of training camp? Do you give him a vicious tongue lashing? Or do you have some understanding of how business is done in the NFL and realize that there is nothing you can do to prevent a holdout?


Give Conner snaps, he's been a team player since he got here.

He deserves to get on the field, no?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4308
Dupree has a ways to go before we start calling him HollyWoodley 2.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
SteelDrama wrote:
I share the OPs frustration.
WTF?!?! Was my reaction to Bud yet again on injury report
Too many soft players not just on Steelers its a league wide epidemic
The Chiefs beat the Pats
The Chiefs lost Berry for the season
The Steelers can win the AFC
Not looking like key players such as Bud and Shaz can be counted on


I wouldn't exactly call Eric Berry soft for rupturing his Achilles. Not to mention, I wonder if chemotherapy may have had long term effects on his connective tissue.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 869
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
I share the OPs frustration.
WTF?!?! Was my reaction to Bud yet again on injury report
Too many soft players not just on Steelers its a league wide epidemic
The Chiefs beat the Pats
The Chiefs lost Berry for the season
The Steelers can win the AFC
Not looking like key players such as Bud and Shaz can be counted on


I wouldn't exactly call Eric Berry soft for rupturing his Achilles. Not to mention, I wonder if chemotherapy may have had long term effects on his connective tissue.

Never called Berry soft. Said he was lost for the season as in the Chiefs lost their inspriratiional leader and best player for the season after proving Pats to be beatable hence showing the AFC is there for the Steelers taking if...IF...their key players can stay on the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4308
What frustrates me when it comes to injuries are the ones that appear out of nowhere.

Nothing can be said bout Pouncey when Decastro nose dived into his knee. Same for Bell with the hits he took to his knee

But these guys that show up to practice and end up out for weeks at a time really have me shaking my head.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6972
Dupreepussy

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16832
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.

Gee, man, do you have any more bizarro wisdom to drop on us today?

Alex Smith = Landry Jones
Chickillo > Bud Dupree

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16832
Hinestuff wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
So... Bud played in 16 games in 2015. He's really had just one injury -- granted, it caused him to miss 11 games last season. But to say he never, ever practices or plays isn't accurate.

And how does Tomlin let Bell do whatever he wants? What would you do differently? There is an argument to be made that Bell's workload should be reduced to increase his longevity and effectiveness late into the season and post-season, but do you bench a top-3 RB because he held out of training camp? Do you give him a vicious tongue lashing? Or do you have some understanding of how business is done in the NFL and realize that there is nothing you can do to prevent a holdout?


Give Conner snaps, he's been a team player since he got here.

He deserves to get on the field, no?

Conner's injury history makes Bud Dupree look like Lou Gehrig.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 814
Hinestuff wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
So... Bud played in 16 games in 2015. He's really had just one injury -- granted, it caused him to miss 11 games last season. But to say he never, ever practices or plays isn't accurate.

And how does Tomlin let Bell do whatever he wants? What would you do differently? There is an argument to be made that Bell's workload should be reduced to increase his longevity and effectiveness late into the season and post-season, but do you bench a top-3 RB because he held out of training camp? Do you give him a vicious tongue lashing? Or do you have some understanding of how business is done in the NFL and realize that there is nothing you can do to prevent a holdout?


Give Conner snaps, he's been a team player since he got here.

He deserves to get on the field, no?


Who is he, Rudy Ruettiger? He deserves to get on the field when he plays well enough to earn it. Bell is the better player, by far, and having him on the field increases our chances of winning football games. If Conner can etch out a role as a change of pace back, short yardage back, or closer, great, but he'll do it by proving he can help us win football games, not just because he's a team player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16832
At this point, I can't make a convincing argument for Conner to play over Watson, let alone Bell.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
Laying the Wood wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.


This honestly isn't even entertaining. Your trolling is poorly done and lacks any subtlety or charm. I don't think you've elicited anger or laughter from any of the board members. You have failed at your one task. Regroup, rethink your strategy, and come back later.

Exactly. Very disappointing troll to this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Steel Drummer wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.


This honestly isn't even entertaining. Your trolling is poorly done and lacks any subtlety or charm. I don't think you've elicited anger or laughter from any of the board members. You have failed at your one task. Regroup, rethink your strategy, and come back later.

Exactly. Very disappointing troll to this point.


Really? I've only said one remotely trollish thing here. When I did, several members erupted into such franetic whining that I was banned for a week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4308
bradshaw2ben wrote:
At this point, I can't make a convincing argument for Conner to play over Watson, let alone Bell.


Ya this. Watson had a very nice camp. Nice ying to Bell's yang.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 378
Steel Drummer wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.


This honestly isn't even entertaining. Your trolling is poorly done and lacks any subtlety or charm. I don't think you've elicited anger or laughter from any of the board members. You have failed at your one task. Regroup, rethink your strategy, and come back later.

Exactly. Very disappointing troll to this point.

Both of you have said it well. His trolling is just boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 268
Someone talk this man off the ledge, quick!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4449
very curious what happened to Bud wonder how long this will linger?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group