It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chefs @ Cheats
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:18 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:
McNabb was light years ahead of anything Cowher had pre-Ben, and he could be a HOFer before its all said and done. The question is who in that duo was the choker.

McNabb shouldn't sniff the HOF. He has comparable career efficiency numbers to - wait for it - Neil O'Donnell, despite playing in a more passer-friendly era.

And although McNabb was better than Neil in the playoffs, he never was able to string good playoff games together - EVERY year he was in the playoffs included an absolute turd.

The only way Donavon McNabb is getting into the Hall of Fame is if he pays admission.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:22 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Believe me I hope he doesn't. It's just crazy to see the couch ridden creatures nut-hugging Landry Jones twin in KC, while at the same time, knocking the SF version of him here in PA.

Well, when Jones beats NE maybe he will get some props too...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:27 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:
Why does any of this matter? Let's just hope we don't need Jones to take significant snaps this year.

Or next...

Or ever. And I'm of the opinion that Landry is actually a decent back-up. Alex Smith may be a mediocre starter, but that's something Landry will never become.

Probably not in a pro style offense, but that's kinda been my main point of contention here. They're system guys. Neither has been successful running traditional pro style offense.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I'll get a ton of flack for this, but Andy Reid is a very good coach. He's just never been able to find a championship caliber QB.

Reid would be crucified by this board if he were coaching the Steelers

- Long history of clock management issues
- Long history of choking in the playoffs
- Blew games vs. Tampa and Tennessee at home down the stretch last season - it would have cost KC the division had Carr not gotten hurt
- Started the 2015 season 1-5

These things are all true. Especially the clock management. He makes Tomlin look like a genius in that regard.

Still never forget an Eagles' games against the Skins. Eagles trailed 7-3...had the ball with over four minutes left and all three timeouts.

They failed to score the winning touchdown, not because they ran out of downs...they ran out of time.

To this day, I still can't believe that was even possible.

Reid runs the slowest two minute offense ever. I was hoping it wouldn't come down to that last night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:27 pm 

One thing I noticed watching the replay is the chef defense is for real. They just sent marsha and crew off the field taking the ball on downs. Man coverage seems to slow the cheats or at least till they come up with something else a defense has to beat. Oh and Fuck mark walmartburger. Pussy fan. Leaves the super bowl mid game cause the cheats were getting their asses handed to them like a typical fair weather fan does. Perfect representation of cheat fans.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:
Why does any of this matter? Let's just hope we don't need Jones to take significant snaps this year.

Or next...

Or ever. And I'm of the opinion that Landry is actually a decent back-up. Alex Smith may be a mediocre starter, but that's something Landry will never become.

Probably not in a pro style offense, but that's kinda been my main point of contention here. They're system guys. Neither has been successful running traditional pro style offense.

Smith was having his best season ever and had come off an NFC Championship game appearance when he was concussed and Kaepernick took over.

Smith didn't lose his job to Kaepernick because Smith sucked.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Alex Smith would be a great get post-Ben.

I think he's more than a game manager, and slightly less than a franchise QB...but I think he's closer to the latter than the former.

He had unreal accuracy last night. For as much as we lauded the speedsters on KC, if Smith isn't pinpoint accurate with several of his passes, they don't get the long gainers and TDs they got last night.

We already have the younger version of that guy.

WTF are you talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
One thing I noticed watching the replay is the chef defense is for real. They just sent marsha and crew off the field taking the ball on downs. Man coverage seems to slow the cheats or at least till they come up with something else a defense has to beat. Oh and Fuck mark walmartburger. Pussy fan. Leaves the super bowl mid game cause the cheats were getting their asses handed to them like a typical fair weather fan does. Perfect representation of cheat fans.

Losing Berry is going to be rough on that defense.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 pm 

jebrick wrote:
dropemjaybird wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Not many defenses have the secondary to play press man like the Chiefs did. The Steeler offense better put up 42 vs the pats.

Outside of Gronk, I mean it's not like they have a world class receiving core - especially after the injuries.

Teams should be taking more of a chance, I think too often a lot of defensive coordinators are afraid of their own shadow.

How much zone coverage did you see from KC last night? How many press man corners do the Steelers have? They need at least 3-4. Gay can not be on the field because he can not play press man. Allen will have to be matched up with Gronk.

KC could neutralize Gronk, Cook and Hogan with press man. Dorsett will be in their WR rotation by the time the Steelers see them.

KC rushed 3 and played C3 zone with man under-- basically what the steelers usually play vs NE.-- for the whole first half. Then they played C2 man under with 4 pass rushers for about the last 40% of the game.

i.e., KC played more zone than pure man-- but their safeties are miles better than ours. If NE had to face Berry every week, they'd be in trouble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I'll get a ton of flack for this, but Andy Reid is a very good coach. He's just never been able to find a championship caliber QB.

Reid would be crucified by this board if he were coaching the Steelers

- Long history of clock management issues
- Long history of choking in the playoffs
- Blew games vs. Tampa and Tennessee at home down the stretch last season - it would have cost KC the division had Carr not gotten hurt
- Started the 2015 season 1-5

These things are all true. Especially the clock management. He makes Tomlin look like a genius in that regard.

Still never forget an Eagles' games against the Skins. Eagles trailed 7-3...had the ball with over four minutes left and all three timeouts.

They failed to score the winning touchdown, not because they ran out of downs...they ran out of time.

To this day, I still can't believe that was even possible.

Yet Fat Andy played the clock to perfection last night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next