It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Last Mock Before the Season
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:53 am 

1. Adonis Alexander CB Virginia Tech
Gentlemen, these hips don't lie. I've watched two games on this guy now and I think his ability to turn and run on the perimeter is going to get him drafted in the 1st round. He's got great length and has a ton of potential. He could stand to get more physical, but it's his ability to cover which makes him such a great prospect to help complete the secondary. I'm still not what to think about Joe Haden, but the Steelers haven't been able to draft good CBs in recent years minus Artie Burns. Cam Sutton and Brian Allen have promise but are bigger ifs at this point.

2. Terrell Edmunds SAF Virginia Tech
This is what Head Coach Justin Fuente had to say about his junior safety: “I think athletically he’s just different. He’s an incredibly hard worker but I’ve never seen a guy that can’t get tired. He doesn’t,” Fuente said. “We know about the family, just great people in general but there’s just something different about him. His stamina, his strength, his work ethic, his intelligence. He’s pretty special. When they go run in the summertime and we go do things and you’re playing games and he’s covering punts and playing safety and covering kickoffs, he’s the fastest guy out there every single time, every single rep, it’s pretty fun to watch." I've seen him play when I've been watching his teammate Alexander, and I think that he would be a terrific fit in the defense going forward.

3. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
A 3rd Hokie? Abso-fucking-lutely. The younger brother of Terrell, he is a giant sized and athletic LB who can really run. I think he needs to improve his instincts, but his athleticism shows up on every play whether he's dropping into coverage or running to the ball in the running game.

5. Ian Thomas TE Indiana
This is slightly a homer pick, but Thomas has drastically improved going into his last season as a Hoosier. He had a great game against Ohio State with 5 grabs for 52 yards and 2 TDs. If I was running the Hoosier offense, Thomas would be averaging 8 catches a ball game and that's with stud Wr Simmie Cobbs on the team.

5. Cody O'Connell OG Washington State
This All-American OL is a big reason why Washington State was able to put a comeback together tonight to prevail in overtime. O'Connell is a mountain of a man at 6'8" 370lbs. The Big Ragu, Ramon Foster needs a replacement at some point and while BJ Finney has looked good at times, the Steelers should always be looking to add quality big men to the team.

7. Joshua Frazier DT Alabama
I still not sure why Daniel McCullers is still on this team, but I'd be shocked to see this team not add a NT at some point in this draft. Sure Hargrave should be our long term starter going forward and hopefully, he takes the next step but he needs a capable backup.

7. Keith Ford RB Texas A&M
I'm a huge fan of Ford, he's a pounder who has good speed. I know Terrell Watson has had a good preseason, but again we should be looking to improve all areas of the roster and he could make an impact on special teams early in his career.

Post subject: Re: Last Mock Before the Season
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm 

I like it, especially the first 2 picks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 pm 

as my wife is a UGA alum and therefore I was forced to watch them beat ND this weekend, how about the ILB from the dawgs? Cant remember his name, but he was all over the place...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 pm 

I assume you are referring to Roquan Smith. He seems a little small for the NFL, and we already have one fast and small LB who can't make it through the season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:54 pm 

yep, that's the guy...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 am 

What would R O N think of a name like Adonis?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"