It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 380
Antonio is as amazing as ever. How many more years does he have to do this to assure having his bust in the Hall of Fame?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
blu wrote:
Antonio is as amazing as ever. How many more years does he have to do this to assure having his bust in the Hall of Fame?


Basically just stay healthy. He already has the HOF resume (though, no ring). 5 more years of even average stats (which could fall off a cliff post-Ben) will give him the numbers he needs.

Food for thought:
At 29, AB has just shy of 8500 yards (78th all time - will move into the 40's by season end) and 50 TD's (119th - should move into the 70's by season end). He will probably end-up 2-3 all-time in yards, and might crack the top-10 in TD's.

At the same age, Jerry Rice had just under 8000 yards and 79 TD's....but played into his 40's, mostly with Joe Montana, Steve Young and Rich Gannon.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Last edited by Kodiak on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3653
AB. 11 targets. 11 catches. 182 Yds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4494
Stallworth16 wrote:
AB. 11 targets. 11 catches. 182 Yds.


BAMF


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:14 pm 
AB isnt close to the HOF imo. ..and wont be should trends continue. . For all his numbers the Steelers are damn slightly better than avg during his tenure...

Lombardis.....with an S


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3147
SteelerChef wrote:
AB isnt close to the HOF imo. ..and wont be should trends continue. . For all his numbers the Steelers are damn slightly better than avg during his tenure...

Lombardis.....with an S



Yeah, a WR needs a SB win to get in. Just like Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Curtis Lofton, Charlie Joiner, and Steve Largent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 702
Best player in the NFL IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Best player in the NFL IMO.



Ehhh, the second half of last year that was pretty clearly Lev Bell. Or some like David Johnson. And you still take a handful of QB's over AB. And then there's JJ Watt. That guy in DEN. Probably a few others.

I'm not sure AB is even the best or even top-3 WR's. He DOES have lunch-pale consistency.

Fun as hell to watch. I still miss Hines Ward.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4706
Kodiak wrote:
blu wrote:
Antonio is as amazing as ever. How many more years does he have to do this to assure having his bust in the Hall of Fame?


Basically just stay healthy. He already has the HOF resume (though, no ring). 5 more years of even average stats (which could fall off a cliff post-Ben) will give him the numbers he needs.

Food for thought:
At 29, AB has just shy of 8500 yards (78th all time - will move into the 40's by season end) and 50 TD's (119th - should move into the 70's by season end). He will probably end-up 2-3 all-time in yards, and might crack the top-10 in TD's.

At the same age, Jerry Rice had just under 8000 yards and 79 TD's....but played into his 40's, mostly with Joe Montana, Steve Young and Rich Gannon.


Jerry Rice also has four Super Bowl rings. Antonio, none. Getting one would solidify his place in Canton.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3653
AB is 29 years old. He's got good years left.
6th round, Central Michigan (195th pick)

2010, 16 rec, 167 yds. 10.4 avg, 1 TD (kick ret)
2011, 69 rec, 1108 yds, 16.1 avg, 3 TD
2012, 66 rec, 787 yds, 11.9 avg, 5 TD

2013, 110 rec, 1499 yds, 13.6 avg, 8 TD+ 1 TD ret
2014, 129 rec, 1698 yds , 13.2 avg, 13 TD+ 1 TD ret
2015, 136 rec, 1834 yds, 13.5 avg, 10 TD+ 1 TD ret
2016, 106 rec, 1284 yds, 12.1 avg, 12 TD

2017, 1 game, 11 rec, 182 yds, 16.5 avg.
*Bold type=NFL leader

That 4 year run is historic. Most receptions over a 4 year period all-time (481 rec). One of 2 players all-time to have 100+ receptions, 4 years in a row. 5 Pro Bowls. 3 times First team All-Pro.


Last edited by Stallworth16 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1559
Kodiak wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Best player in the NFL IMO.



Ehhh, the second half of last year that was pretty clearly Lev Bell. Or some like David Johnson. And you still take a handful of QB's over AB. And then there's JJ Watt. That guy in DEN. Probably a few others.

I'm not sure AB is even the best or even top-3 WR's. He DOES have lunch-pale consistency.

Fun as hell to watch. I still miss Hines Ward.


Huh? Smoke another dude


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7474
Stallworth16 wrote:
AB. 11 targets. 11 catches. 182 Yds.



11/11 is fuckin' amazing!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3653
swissvale72 wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
AB. 11 targets. 11 catches. 182 Yds.



11/11 is fuckin' amazing!

Not sure what the NFL record is for most successful targets in a row. Obscure record.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 1890
Hinestuff wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Best player in the NFL IMO.



Ehhh, the second half of last year that was pretty clearly Lev Bell. Or some like David Johnson. And you still take a handful of QB's over AB. And then there's JJ Watt. That guy in DEN. Probably a few others.

I'm not sure AB is even the best or even top-3 WR's. He DOES have lunch-pale consistency.

Fun as hell to watch. I still miss Hines Ward.


Huh? Smoke another dude


Just a board meme regarding AB. One of our esteemed members doesn't like AB because he isn't 6'10, so his couple pals like to follow along like puppies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
Kodiak wrote:
I'm not sure AB is even the best or even top-3 WR's.


Hinestuff wrote:
Huh? Smoke another dude



JJones and Beckham. Put down the crack pipe - I can put more names up for argument. If you think AB is INARGUABLY the best, or even top-3, WR then you're flat out a homer.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14343
If... AB is playing for another franchise today the Steelers Lose This Game. Antonio Brown is well on his way to an every lasting bust in Canton Ohio whether he wins Super Bowls or not. Anyone debating that is a hater.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3653
Kodiak. I think you at least have an arguable point.

It's personal preference. I would put AB at 1, Julius Jones as 1a, step down to Beckham at 3.

I enjoy AB's combination of speed, open field quickness, elusiveness, route running, great hands.


Last edited by Stallworth16 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4151
swissvale72 wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
AB. 11 targets. 11 catches. 182 Yds.



11/11 is fuckin' amazing!


Especially when you factor in the difficulty factor on several of those.

The guy is such a special talent.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
Stallworth16 wrote:
It's personal preference. I would put AB at 1, Julius Jones as 1a, step down to Beckham at 3.


Fair enough. Those guys don't play with chopped liver, but I think both would be better with Ben. Landry Jones is not starting caliber, but with him AB has been rather pedestrian.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10249
Kodiak wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
It's personal preference. I would put AB at 1, Julius Jones as 1a, step down to Beckham at 3.


Fair enough. Those guys don't play with chopped liver, but I think both would be better with Ben. Landry Jones is not starting caliber, but with him AB has been rather pedestrian.


But see some might argue that AB is largely responsible for Ben still being relevant.

Keep telling yourself that AB does not elevate Ben every bit as much as Ben elevates AB. Without AB Ben does not look so great.

I derived a great deal of pleasure from some of the same folks claiming Ben makes his WRs complaining that Bem had no one to work with outside of AB last year.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1559
Kodiak wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I'm not sure AB is even the best or even top-3 WR's.


Hinestuff wrote:
Huh? Smoke another dude



JJones and Beckham. Put down the crack pipe - I can put more names up for argument. If you think AB is INARGUABLY the best, or even top-3, WR then you're flat out a homer.


I think he's DEFINITELY as good as both of them....OB drops balls that AB NEVER drops. He has the best hands in football. JJ is only other WR in AB's class.

That's it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
Still Lit wrote:
But see some might argue that AB is largely responsible for Ben still being relevant.

Keep telling yourself that AB does not elevate Ben every bit as much as Ben elevates AB. Without AB Ben does not look so great.


Ben's done it a long time before AB. Or have you forgotten that playoff game against DEN when he put up 300+ without AB and Bell? Ben still has a strong, accurate arm. He'd be getting it done without AB. I think AB playing with the less accurate Eli is not in this conversation.

Not to take anything away from AB, but he struggled with Landry. I think Ben elevates AB a lot more than the other way around.

Some people like to ride receiver nuts because it's a passing league, but the truth is that position is every bit as much of a commodity as people think RB is. But there seems to be a lot more "special" receivers than "special" RB's.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
Kodiak wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
It's personal preference. I would put AB at 1, Julius Jones as 1a, step down to Beckham at 3.


Fair enough. Those guys don't play with chopped liver, but I think both would be better with Ben. Landry Jones is not starting caliber, but with him AB has been rather pedestrian.


Stallworth and Swann would be pedestrian with Landry Jones.

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
But see some might argue that AB is largely responsible for Ben still being relevant.

Keep telling yourself that AB does not elevate Ben every bit as much as Ben elevates AB. Without AB Ben does not look so great.


Ben's done it a long time before AB. Or have you forgotten that playoff game against DEN when he put up 300+ without AB and Bell? Ben still has a strong, accurate arm. He'd be getting it done without AB. I think AB playing with the less accurate Eli is not in this conversation.

Not to take anything away from AB, but he struggled with Landry. I think Ben elevates AB a lot more than the other way around.

Some people like to ride receiver nuts because it's a passing league, but the truth is that position is every bit as much of a commodity as people think RB is. But there seems to be a lot more "special" receivers than "special" RB's.


Ben and AB have elevated each other throughout their respective careers. The Steelers offensive line's pass protection these last few years have elevated both.

Jerry Rice transitioned from the prior generation's GOAT Montana to HOF Young. Young was Montana's backup. AB is hardly so lucky. Using dumbfuck Landry Jones's small and horrid sample size of NFL suckitude for comparison is poor argument.

Regardless, in this game, Ben was pedestrian and AB was the star. Cleveland did a damn fine job but what worries me is that Ben didn't look rusty. He looked like he didn't want to be there.

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4494
AB highlights week 1 vs Browns...



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], LakecrestSteeler, SteelersPR, W&M_Steeler and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group