It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:10 pm 

I always find it funny how certain players have been labeled here...

I think we need an "AROUND THE LEAGUE TUBMONSTER" forum where we discuss other teams' problematic, injury prone players.

WE ARE NOT ALONE

I was reading a Bears forum trying to gain some insight as to how their fans see the upcoming game. One of the threads was about Kevin White. Remember him?

There are so many tubmonsters out there....would make your head spin. Apparently injuries happen to other teams as well. I wasn't aware.

:roll:

Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 pm 

No fuckin' way. The steelers trainers and staff are incompetent fucks, and the front office and Tomlin only drafts weaklings. Every other team does w a y better in that regard. All 31 of them. All 1,643 players are in perfect conditioning and never have injury issues.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:17 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
No fuckin' way. The steelers trainers and staff are incompetent fucks, and the front office and Tomlin only drafts weaklings. Every other team does w a y better in that regard. All 31 of them. All 1,643 players are in perfect conditioning and never have injury issues.

Agreed. We need better scouts....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:19 pm 

Surprised no one in the Carolina front office picked up Olen's propensity for foot injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

When Zivco was here I showed the stats that showed the Steelers' man-hours lost to injury had a slightly higher mean rate than the NFL average, but yet was not statistically significantly different.

He gave his typical emotional non sequiturs to that...it was fun.

And don't forget that all our guys have small wrist circumferences...and probably really low HIG factors.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:40 pm 

@4:30 in video

Gilbert - Hamstring
James - Ankle
McDonald - Back
Tuitt - Arm
Watt - Groin
Wilcox-Concussion Protocol
http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/T ... 316ed2f488

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:02 pm 

1-2 injuries is bad luck, but lightning doesn't keep striking the same guy every year or every other year. I think if you go and look at guys victimized by "bad luck" at least 3 times you'll find them struck by "bad luck" several more times in their career.

I don't know, maybe 10-15% of players are more - some much more - susceptible to injury than others. I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone or continue to be debated.

Troy battled injuries his whole career. Ben has battled injuries his whole career. Shazier is going to battle injuries his whole career. Pouncey and Bell are one injury away from establishing themselves in that group, as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:20 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
1-2 injuries is bad luck, but lightning doesn't keep striking the same guy every year or every other year. I think if you go and look at guys victimized by "bad luck" at least 3 times you'll find them struck by "bad luck" several more times in their career.

I don't know, maybe 10-15% of players are more - some much more - susceptible to injury than others. I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone or continue to be debated.

Troy battled injuries his whole career. Ben has battled injuries his whole career. Shazier is going to battle injuries his whole career. Pouncey and Bell are one injury away from establishing themselves in that group, as well.

So "guys struck by bad luck 3 tiimes" are in essence guy's prone to injury, is that what you're saying?

Remember when DeCastro dove at Pouncey's knee?

Remember when Reggie Nelson hit Bell's knee with his helmet flush?

Are these guys simply injury prone or would anyone in a similar situation have a season ending injury?

Senquez was a tub monster.

How can you lump players into a "category" who suffer severe injuries as the result of on the field chaos?

I don't get it. And this doesn't even factor in wrist circumference or frame size.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:27 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Are these guys simply injury prone

Most likely yes...certainly far more likely than "just really bad luck"....twice

BarryFoster wrote:
or would anyone in a similar situation have a season ending injury?

In many cases probably no. Most players get hit like that several times throughout a year - you just don't see or recall it because most of those guys walked away a little sore, maybe, but uninjured.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:31 pm 

I guess your response implies that some people have weaker ligaments than others?

I mean, I don't know what player's knee wouldn't get fucked up from the DeCastro submarining of Pouncey's knee.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next