It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slightly OT: Timmons
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm 

And again, I’m not saying the dude is mental. I’m saying I hope he is alright. Some of you are more agenda driven than you think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:45 pm 

My guess is this

The Dolphins while far from the worst are a team in near constant flux. No job is safe. No job is seen as even somewhat insulated from debate at any time.

The coaches/staff/fo cant possibly remain calm cool and collected in that, therefore its a constant must win right now environment coupled with an ncaa like coaching staff mentality of i am god do what i say or else.

LT for his part chaffed at that coming from Pittsburgh. IMO he always had some generally well meaning but silent killer in him and it was never pushed to a breaking point in Pittsburgh. Perhaps it was even channelled.

Im overly critical of this team sometimes. Usuallly good form and steady dillegence pay off in the long run. Winners focus on that at the expense of maybes in the shortrun

Last edited by SteelerChef on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 pm 

What?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 pm 

Not buying the culture shock argument STD.

I'm going to wait & see, he was one of my favorite players.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:22 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
My guess is this

The Dolphins while far from the worst are a team in near constant flux. No job is safe. No job is seen as even somewhat insulated from debate at any time.

The coaches/staff/fo cant possibly remain calm cool and collected in that, therefore its a constant must win right now environment coupled with an ncaa like coaching staff mentality of i am god do what i say or else.

LT for his part chaffed at that coming from Pittsburgh. IMO he always had some generally well meaning but silent killer in him and it was never pushed to a breaking point in Pittsburgh. Perhaps it was even channelled.

Im overly critical of this team sometimes. Usuallly good form and steady dillegence pay off in the long run. Winners focus on that at the expense of maybes in the shortrun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:50 pm 

Fins traded for LB Anthony of Saints for 2018 pick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:21 pm 

Dolphins suspended Timmons indefinitely.

I read somewhere that the reason he tried to get on a flight to PA was because there was some issue with his baby mama or baby.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:21 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
If that is the case jaybird, I'm relieved he isn't facing a medical crisis, but that kind of conduct is not normal. I just hope he's alright.

Not sure how you can say that the conduct is "not normal" when we know virtually nothing about what happened.

Not normal as in he was here for almost a decade and never did anything to this level (as in bailing on your team before it’s opening game). So yeah, not normal.

Dude... we gotta guy talkin about sucking his mom's tits @ age 15, and you choose to define a Timmons trip home as abnormal?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm 

Interesting comment from a Dolphins beat writer:

Quote:
Two lessons here: 1) Don’t pick up Pittsburgh’s aging players. Joey Porter, Mike Wallace and now Timmons. Enough said? The Steelers know when to get rid of players; 2) You don’t guaranteed $11 million in a $12 million deal in the NFL – even to a player who looks rock-solid. That’s a lot of guaranteed money for a guy on the other side of 30 coming to an entirely new organization in a sport where people age fast.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/fl-sp-hyde5-timmons-anthony-20170919-story.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 pm 

Holy shit STDchef :P :lol:

It's time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next