It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 am 

Cowboys waived DE Jayrone Elliott. I know the Steelers had some interest in him earlier this year, before he re-signed with the Packers. Then the Cowboys picked him up from the Packers because their edge players can't seem to stay out of trouble. Elliott was cut to make room for Damontre Moore who has returned after being suspended. Steelers got any room for a ST's/OLB depth player? Another player just released from the Bills. ILB Jelani Jenkins. Also, TE Gavin Escobar is available likely for league minimum as well. With the McDonald back issues perhaps they might be interested in another FA TE.

Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Cowboys waived DE Jayrone Elliott. I know the Steelers had some interest in him earlier this year, before he re-signed with the Packers. Then the Cowboys picked him up from the Packers because their edge players can't seem to stay out of trouble. Elliott was cut to make room for Damontre Moore who has returned after being suspended. Steelers got any room for a ST's/OLB depth player? Another player just released from the Bills. ILB Jelani Jenkins. Also, TE Gavin Escobar is available likely for league minimum as well. With the McDonald back issues perhaps they might be interested in another FA TE.

Who would they cut to make room?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 am 

Former Toledo Rocket...nice player.

Just not sure who they would cut to add him at this point

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:17 am 

Team is playing well and getting good pressure, even from backups. OLB is 4 deep and DL is 6. They'll roll with who they have at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Who would they cut to make room?

They could start with the giant paperweight...Daniel McCullers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 pm 

I cut Steven Johnson for Elliott or Jenkins yesterday. Perhaps either is practice squad eligible. McDonald has a back issue; who knows if he sees the field consistently the rest of the season. Back injuries are hit or miss. Escobar can give you that pass catching TE capability. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to DJ if that turns out to be the case though. That's their M.O. You can never have enough pass rushers. I'd take Elliott over Moats at this point. Jenkins over Steven Johnson and Escobar over an injured McDonald and certainly over DJ.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I cut Steven Johnson for Elliott or Jenkins yesterday. Perhaps either is practice squad eligible. McDonald has a back issue; who knows if he sees the field consistently the rest of the season. Back injuries are hit or miss. Escobar can give you that pass catching TE capability. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to DJ if that turns out to be the case though. That's their M.O. You can never have enough pass rushers. I'd take Elliott over Moats at this point. Jenkins over Steven Johnson and Escobar over an injured McDonald and certainly over DJ.

I've seen Escobar play plenty and you want no part of him, trust me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm 

I was thinking he's a better option than DJ at least.