It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 10840
Cowboys waived DE Jayrone Elliott. I know the Steelers had some interest in him earlier this year, before he re-signed with the Packers. Then the Cowboys picked him up from the Packers because their edge players can't seem to stay out of trouble. Elliott was cut to make room for Damontre Moore who has returned after being suspended. Steelers got any room for a ST's/OLB depth player? Another player just released from the Bills. ILB Jelani Jenkins. Also, TE Gavin Escobar is available likely for league minimum as well. With the McDonald back issues perhaps they might be interested in another FA TE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 1775
Steelafan77 wrote:
Cowboys waived DE Jayrone Elliott. I know the Steelers had some interest in him earlier this year, before he re-signed with the Packers. Then the Cowboys picked him up from the Packers because their edge players can't seem to stay out of trouble. Elliott was cut to make room for Damontre Moore who has returned after being suspended. Steelers got any room for a ST's/OLB depth player? Another player just released from the Bills. ILB Jelani Jenkins. Also, TE Gavin Escobar is available likely for league minimum as well. With the McDonald back issues perhaps they might be interested in another FA TE.


Who would they cut to make room?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1040
Former Toledo Rocket...nice player.

Just not sure who they would cut to add him at this point


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 595
Team is playing well and getting good pressure, even from backups. OLB is 4 deep and DL is 6. They'll roll with who they have at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5704
fortythree wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Cowboys waived DE Jayrone Elliott. I know the Steelers had some interest in him earlier this year, before he re-signed with the Packers. Then the Cowboys picked him up from the Packers because their edge players can't seem to stay out of trouble. Elliott was cut to make room for Damontre Moore who has returned after being suspended. Steelers got any room for a ST's/OLB depth player? Another player just released from the Bills. ILB Jelani Jenkins. Also, TE Gavin Escobar is available likely for league minimum as well. With the McDonald back issues perhaps they might be interested in another FA TE.


Who would they cut to make room?

They could start with the giant paperweight...Daniel McCullers.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 10840
I cut Steven Johnson for Elliott or Jenkins yesterday. Perhaps either is practice squad eligible. McDonald has a back issue; who knows if he sees the field consistently the rest of the season. Back injuries are hit or miss. Escobar can give you that pass catching TE capability. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to DJ if that turns out to be the case though. That's their M.O. You can never have enough pass rushers. I'd take Elliott over Moats at this point. Jenkins over Steven Johnson and Escobar over an injured McDonald and certainly over DJ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 901
Steelafan77 wrote:
I cut Steven Johnson for Elliott or Jenkins yesterday. Perhaps either is practice squad eligible. McDonald has a back issue; who knows if he sees the field consistently the rest of the season. Back injuries are hit or miss. Escobar can give you that pass catching TE capability. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to DJ if that turns out to be the case though. That's their M.O. You can never have enough pass rushers. I'd take Elliott over Moats at this point. Jenkins over Steven Johnson and Escobar over an injured McDonald and certainly over DJ.

I've seen Escobar play plenty and you want no part of him, trust me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: on the market...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 10840
I was thinking he's a better option than DJ at least.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group