It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm 

R S wrote:
static stretching has been proven ineffective for injury preventions. http://www.bmj.com/content/325/7362/468 The stuff they stand around and do together is probably more a comraderie thing. Everyone is now doing dynamic stretches, which are usually done in small positional groups or alone. It's not the 90's anymore.

Yep. And what you do immediately before the game isn't going to have a huge impact. There's only so much you can do with the tendons/ligaments you have, and it takes years of proper conditioning to to have a marginal impact.

And I can add 20 lbs of muscle, but it won't do much for my tendons/ligaments/joints except subject them to greater force than they're used to or that my body intended.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:19 pm 

You guys are wrong. I don't follow any other teams or pay attention to their injury reports, but I perceive the Steelers as suffering a disproportionate amount of injuries. And it's all because Tomlin has the team prepare for games like prison inmates working out in the yard. You know, because they're black.

Steeledge wrote:
Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...

Last edited by Laying the Wood on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I guess your response implies that some people have weaker ligaments than others?

I'm not implying it, I'm stating it as a fact. Some people have tighter/less elastic ligaments than others. Some have shorter ligaments than others. Same with bones and joints. This makes them more likely to get injured, all else equal.

Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...

Injuries happen. Life happens.
It's the preparation for and response to such that makes the real difference.

I bet if our players were coached to take those preparations with a bit more serious discipline and could be shown the bigger picture AS A TEAM, in general, they'd be among those with the better prepared skeletal and connective tissue...

Generally speaking, the injuries that occur could be less serious and of shorter duration if the prep and stretch was a bit more serious.

Can't possibly expect such a standard to be set by our "Leader of Grown Assed Men", though, right?

:roll:

Hope you didn't hurt yourself stretching for another thing to blame on Tomlin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm 

Ravens have 15 guys on IR. How does this skew predictive tubmonster analytics?

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
You guys are wrong. I don't follow any other teams or pay attention to their injury reports, but I perceive the Steelers as suffering a disproportionate amount of injuries. And it's all because Tomlin has the team prepare for games like prison inmates working out in the yard. You know, because they're black.

I'll readily admit that what I said was a "stretch" </pun>
but you, sir, took it to a whole new and much lower level of despicable.

congratulations.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/race-baiting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 am 

Steeledge wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

congratulations.

Please tell me why you think they look like they're in prison. What about them makes them look like inmates.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:39 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

congratulations.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm 

dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:53 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”

:evil:
Listen, Reverend, my entire point was that they just mill around like they have no place particularly interesting to be.

You reverse-racist bigoted Tomlin apologists are the ones kicking this to the ash heap.

I'm done here.
Good day to you, sirs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:56 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
Steel Drummer wrote:
dogwhistle

:evil:
Listen, Reverend, my entire point was that they just mill around like they have no place particularly interesting to be.

You reverse-racist bigoted Tomlin apologists are the ones kicking this to the ash heap.

I'm done here.
Good day to you, sirs.

Exactly. "Dog whistle" is used by both sides to whip the useful idiots into a frenzy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next