It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is it just me...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:11 pm 

Goodell's bullshit sanctimony today is only going to make it worse.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 pm 

So goodell is good with neo nazis and white supremacists? I've never been a fan, but that's some
extremist shit right there. News to me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:12 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
It's entertainment product and it's scripted

Yes we all need to swallow that simple fact

That's my concern for today's game, the script might have changed in the last 24 hours. Politics influencing this game may have widened beyond the league, past regional into national where trillions of dollars are at play. We might have lost the opportunity for a reasonably clean game to a more controlled one. We'll know by the number of holding calls thwarting our offense early on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:26 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
So goodell is good with neo nazis and white supremacists? I've never been a fan, but that's some

Nah, Goodell simply stepped into the trap. Regardless of what you think, or what bubble you live in... not standing for the national anthem in terms of an issue is a loser and a big one. It's simply not going to be popular no matter how many black masks one wears.

Trump set the trap, and the idiots in the NFL fell or it... I heard democrat politicians are encouraging players to kneel during the anthem... yeah - go with that, real political winner in those rust belt states that Hillary got trounced in.

For the NFL - if they think the ratings drop and everything else they've experienced was hard - they haven't seen anything yet. Getting engaged was just stupid, it's exactly what Trump wanted.. for whatever reason the DC elites and even stooges like Goodell haven't figured that out yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
It's entertainment product and it's scripted

Yes we all need to swallow that simple fact

That's my concern for today's game, the script might have changed in the last 24 hours. Politics influencing this game may have widened beyond the league, past regional into national where trillions of dollars are at play. We might have lost the opportunity for a reasonably clean game to a more controlled one. We'll know by the number of holding calls thwarting our offense early on.

Well it depends, by the Steelers not taking the field for the anthem... if the league offices see it as a sign of solidarity with Goodell... then hey - maybe a few calls go their way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 am 

dropemjaybird wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Nah, Goodell simply stepped into the trap. Regardless of what you think, or what bubble you live in... not standing for the national anthem in terms of an issue is a loser and a big one. It's simply not going to be popular no matter how many black masks one wears.

Trump set the trap, and the idiots in the NFL fell or it... I heard democrat politicians are encouraging players to kneel during the anthem... yeah - go with that, real political winner in those rust belt states that Hillary got trounced in.

For the NFL - if they think the ratings drop and everything else they've experienced was hard - they haven't seen anything yet. Getting engaged was just stupid, it's exactly what Trump wanted.. for whatever reason the DC elites and even stooges like Goodell haven't figured that out yet.

Spot on!!
Bottom line from me.. Fuck the NFL..I am done... I will follow my Steelers here other than that fuck them.. Penn State and all College ball is 1000 times better..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:46 am 

dropemjaybird wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I do agree that this is a no win for all except Trump. Can't lose by wrapping yourself in the flag.