It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:35 am 

fortythree wrote:
R S wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Guys, the team met and said they would stay in the tunnel. Later, Al went to Team Leadership (like any good soldier would) and asked (because of his conflict on the issue - which he has more than earned) if he could stand at the front of the tunnel to see the flag. Ben et al, said sure and thought it was the right thing to do (as I'm sure not a single player would've disagreed with if asked). Al went out just far enough to see the flag and stopped as he said he would. Some other folks passing by got in the way while the anthem was starting so Ben and the rest of the guys up front decided to not move (up to Al) while the Anthem was playing (out of respect). The rest of the team would have followed them the extra 20 feet if Ben and the front line would've moved put they didn't get the chance. Ben even said in his presser he wished he would've just moved up to Al during the starting of the anthem, but he didn't. Al didn't even know they weren't standing directly behind them until after seeing the pics. Then the shit storm commenced. AL, being the consummate soldier, took one for the team, coaches and organization before even making any excuses what so ever. "It's all on me, no one else." He is deflecting all bullets...he's throwing himself on this grenade. How can people not see that.

Maybe it's me and my experiences. I have very good friends who have died, fought on the front lines, DEVGRU buddies, Top Gun & Blue Angle pilots, Admirals and much more. Truly not bragging, I just have a lot of experience with the code these type of men (and women) live by. Al is just that....a true elite soldier, doing what they do and living his life that way, even as a Steeler.

Hey Pal,
43 used to write for the Beaver County times and get Ron Cook coffee.

:lol: how do these rumors get started?

I may have had something to do with that, but it was JoeWhatshisname on the radio...from McKeesport.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:42 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Yesterday, I received an email from a Steelers fan who said tell the players to just play football.

We've been saying this for a few years now...

8-)

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
I may have had something to do with that, but it was JoeWhatshisname on the radio...from McKeesport.

Bendel?

What's he have to do with anything?

Also fuck Ron Cook.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:07 am 

fortythree wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Bendel?

Also fuck Ron Cook.

Yeah...that's him. I said you got coffee for Joe Bendel. That's how that all got started. Sorry 'bout that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Bendel?

Also fuck Ron Cook.

Yeah...that's him. I said you got coffee for Joe Bendel. That's how that all got started. Sorry 'bout that.

Ah yeah I remember that.

No big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 am 

He was the guy nearly came to fisticuffs with Ryan Clark, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:46 am 

I believe so, yes.

Clark got lucky there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:31 am 

fortythree wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Poor execution because Villanueva screwed up.

Al just gave the media and fans an additional narrative to cling to. There was going to be "hell to pay" either way.

Are you insinuating that Villanueva is a liar?

Villanueva was never wrong ... He just did what he was asked to to and jumped on the grenade for the team. If you look at the video of the Steelers in the tunnel you can clearly see Burt Lauden the Steelers PR man standing against the wall behind Villanueva. Freeze this video at 1:39 and you can see him standing against the wall in a suit. They knew exactly where they wanted him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... gif2vsC5Sk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:49 am 

Quote:
“To use me as a tool to push agendas and push messages is completely unacceptable,” Villanueva said. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/alejandro- ... 31837.html

Says it all right there. ^

Quote:
Fox Sports will no longer air coverage of the national anthem before its NFL games https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-sports-n ... 23656.html

Finally one broadcast network pulls their head out of their ass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11