It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:56 pm 

Quote:
but anyone who is a citizen should definitely be voting.

On this, you and I agree.

Showing ID to do something as important as casting a vote isn't an outrageous notion. It's a basic need.

Making excuses for people as to why they cant obtain an idea is a cop out to suit a narrative.

Quote:
The intentions behind the Real ID Act also continue to be thwarted by certain provisions of the NVRA. These provisions, known as the “Motor-Voter Law,” require state departments of motor vehicles to act as voter registration proxies. The information supplied by license applicants doubles as voter registration information and the registration process has become nearly automatic. Because so many states continue to issue driver’s licenses to noncitizens, it is relatively easy for aliens to commit voter fraud through the Motor-Voter system. When renewing a driver’s license by mail, they simply check the boxes indicating that they wish to be registered as voters and affirming that they are a U.S. citizen. Most often, they are added to the voter rolls without any attempt to verify the applicant’s citizenship.

That happens in CA big time. You arrive here there are people that direct you to get to DMV sites set up specifically to get them drivers licenses. I wonder why.

https://fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/noncitizens-voting-violations-and-us-elections

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:01 pm 

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/did-votes-by-noncitizens-cost-trump-the-2016-popular-vote-sure-looks-that-way/

19,000,000 non-citizens in this county and none are voting. Just abiding by the law and staying home that day.

Water is wet. The sky is blue. Illegals voting in our elections is true.

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:03 pm 

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/did-votes-by-noncitizens-cost-trump-the-2016-popular-vote-sure-looks-that-way/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:06 pm 

http://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/do-illegal-votes-decide-elections

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:08 pm 

Have some integrity dude.

Nothing wrong with admitting illegals are voting in our elections.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 pm 

Quote:
Somehow wanting to make money doesn't get held against Republicans.

Don't begrudge them at all for the speeches. Go make some coin giving a speech.

The issue is being paid for a speech, some in the range of $800,000, when the people paying for said speech had business before the state department. The same state department his wife was concurrently head of.

Big difference.

I'm not going to respond more in this thread as I've said all I care to at this point. I enjoy a good debate but not if you are going to dismiss things that such as the voter ID stuff then it is no longer an honest debate.

There is a reason the powers that be on left fight so hard to block any voter ID stuff as well as any efforts to verify citizenship.

Flame away.

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 pm 

955876 wrote:
Have some integrity dude.

You talkin' to me? Because I don't think voter fraud is that rampant. Don't question my integrity just because voter fraud seems so obvious to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:58 pm 

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ked-214487

Quote:
As a member of the team that produces the datasets upon which that study was based and as the co-author of an article published in the same journal that provides a clear “take down” of the study in question, I can say unequivocally that this research is not only wrong, it is irresponsible social science and should never have been published in the first place. There is no evidence that non-citizens have voted in recent U.S. elections.

Quote:
What the authors failed to consider is that measurement error was entirely responsible for their results. In fact, once my colleagues and I accounted for that error, we found that there were essentially zero non-citizens who voted in recent elections.

Quote:
In our article refuting the Richman study, we summarize our findings very plainly this way: “The results, we show, are completely accounted for by very low frequency measurement error; further, the likely percent of non-citizen voters in recent US elections is 0.” We are confident that such a conclusion would hold in 2016 as well.

Simply put, the claims Trump is making are false through and through. Fact checkers and major news organizations have consistently pointed to our study over the past few months to demonstrate that Trump’s claims are based on bad science, yet he continues to use this debunked information to demonize non-citizens as justification for his self-serving claims about voter fraud. Let’s hope the public stops paying attention.

You seriously need to stop reading right-wing articles.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 pm 

I don't need to read an article to know illegals are voting in our elections.

Those who fight voter ID can also get articles published disputing it.

Propaganda has been around a long time.

You dispute some written word but trust other written word hook line and sinker.

About the integrity thing. At the least admit that illegals have voted in our elections. To say they have not would simply be dishonest or complete niativity.

We can agree to disagree about the number and then leave it at that.

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 pm 

franco32 wrote:
NY State spends the most amount of money per student in the country. These are the results:

http://videos.news12.com/NYSFailingSchoolsReport.pdf

Here in Long Island we have a school district, Hempstead (97% Black and Hispanic..primarily low income), that spends 26,000 per year per student (more than nearby towns with million dollar homes). 26k! They are a failing district. Money isn't going to fix things. It's the family unit that has broken down. We keep thinking that more $$ tossed at the problem will lead to better education. It won't do any good until you stabilize families. How do you do that? Well, community leaders have to look in the mirror and take some responsibility first of all rather than just blaming others. Secondly, local political corruption has to be fixed. Killer taxes discouraging local investment are crushing the communities. Get the economy fixed, get people jobs, and you will start to see more families staying together. Better families mean the kids will be more motivated at school and results will improve.

It starts and ends with family.

But you're kidding yourself if you think there is no difference in districts with 65k teacher pay and the shit pay in underperforming districts and the ridiculous turn over in teachers cycling in and out.

Not investing in those communities isn't going to change squat. I teach for a living. You ever set foot in a class room? Even with a jacked up home life, a teacher can change a child's life for the better. If you think all school districts are equal, you will happily send your kids if you have any to the terrible school district. After all, it's about the family and not the school.

It depends on how you spend the money. Notice my complaint was about teacher pay, not spending on students.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next