It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:12 am 

Who you got and why ?

10/1/2017 9:30 AM NFL Football 251 New Orleans Saints/Miami Dolphins* Under 50½ -110
10/1/2017 1:00 PM NFL Football 260 Houston Texans* +3 -130 vs Tennessee Titans
10/1/2017 1:00 PM NFL Football 265 Pittsburgh Steelers* -2½ -135 vs Baltimore Ravens
Risking $10.00 To Win $49.14

I think 50+ at 9am is going to be rough

I bought .5 to get the Steelers off 3 and although history says otherwise they at least have the players to manhandle the Rats

I bought .5 to put the home dog division rival at 3

Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:16 am 

offshore account or Amish farmer bookie?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 am 

Parlays are for suckers man.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am 

Ravens +3
Titans -135
Chargers -2

The Steelers being favored in Baltimore is lunacy. The Ravens have the best homefield advantage in the NFL and simply own us in Baltimore. Ben has won there only twice. Baltimore is 10-1 against the spread in their last 11 divisional games and the Steelers are still overrated from the public. They haven’t adjusted that Ben is no longer an elite player and that Bell is not half the player he was last year. I’m expecting a solid win for Baltimore, but obviously would love to be wrong.

I think the Texans are frauds and that Tennessee will find a way to win this game. As for the Chargers, they have to win at some point at “home”, right?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:27 pm 

No longer an elite player? Cmon man.

Watch some more football.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:07 pm 

Wasn’t a top 5 QB last year, looks a little worse so far this year but it’s still early.

Of course “elite” can mean a lot of different things for different people, and QB play is pretty crap so far this year overall.

Why even try to argue at this point? I agree with you in a ton of areas, but on this topic we’re on different planets. You honestly think BB is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers and that the offense has been above average this year. I’m not going to waste the energy trying to tackle that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:47 pm 

I don't an official opinion about the quality of the offense until after this week. If they maintain their DVOA ranking and play well enough to win in Baltimore, I'm willing to call them underacheiving but effective enough for now.

I don't think Ben 2017 is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers, but I think both guys have question marks and flaws. I just don't think it's a slam dunk. Rodgers is helped so much by a good OC and playcalling, Ben just sinks deeper and deeper into the black hole that is Haleyball. Let's not forget that this offense is more or less designed to put the reins on Ben-- not shocking if it's dampened his spirit for the game a little.

My prediction: eventually, Haley will be forced to cede some control and Ben will flourish, making both of us capable of agreeing that he's still got it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:31 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
offshore account or Amish farmer bookie?

:lol. ....something more

Last edited by BethlehemSteel on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm 

TB wrote:
Ravens +3
Titans -135
Chargers -2

The Steelers being favored in Baltimore is lunacy. The Ravens have the best homefield advantage in the NFL and simply own us in Baltimore. Ben has won there only twice. Baltimore is 10-1 against the spread in their last 11 divisional games and the Steelers are still overrated from the public. They haven’t adjusted that Ben is no longer an elite player and that Bell is not half the player he was last year. I’m expecting a solid win for Baltimore, but obviously would love to be wrong.

I think the Texans are frauds and that Tennessee will find a way to win this game. As for the Chargers, they have to win at some point at “home”, right?

I struggled with that Texans game....SD vs Philly....i have zero feel for either team at this point...if it was sd -4.5 id take the bolts just on WC trip theory

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't an official opinion about the quality of the offense until after this week. If they maintain their DVOA ranking and play well enough to win in Baltimore, I'm willing to call them underacheiving but effective enough for now.

I don't think Ben 2017 is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers, but I think both guys have question marks and flaws. I just don't think it's a slam dunk. Rodgers is helped so much by a good OC and playcalling, Ben just sinks deeper and deeper into the black hole that is Haleyball. Let's not forget that this offense is more or less designed to put the reins on Ben-- not shocking if it's dampened his spirit for the game a little.

My prediction: eventually, Haley will be forced to cede some control and Ben will flourish, making both of us capable of agreeing that he's still got it.

This should have hAppned already

Ben is being relegated to seat warmer the past 3 yrs with Haley

You guys discussed this on podcast

Haley will never be good at finding flow, it's only gonna look worse. He should leave town before Ben retires because he's gonna get run out by the locals