It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:11 pm 
Zeke5123 wrote:
Parlays are for suckers man.


Assuming a less than "perfect" 3 teamer pays 4 to 1

10 x 4 = 40
50 x 4 = 200
250 x 4 = 1000
1250 x 4 = 5000

I will suffer the slings and arrows of suckerdom to take my shot at grouping 3 winners just 4 times over a season.

Open parlays can be damn attractive too

If I budget just 200 a season I can insure 180 with a very comfortable tease paying @ 12%.so hopefully I never go below 200 worse case scenario and I always have 20 free dollars to play with.

Usually it works out to pick 4 to 5 lines with 19 points for nfl and 20 points for ncaa

"I'll be your huckleberry"


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 1735
SteelerChef wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Parlays are for suckers man.


Assuming a less than "perfect" 3 teamer pays 4 to 1

10 x 4 = 40
50 x 4 = 200
250 x 4 = 1000
1250 x 4 = 5000

I will suffer the slings and arrows of suckerdom to take my shot at grouping 3 winners just 4 times over a season.

Open parlays can be damn attractive too

If I budget just 200 a season I can insure 180 with a very comfortable tease paying @ 12%.so hopefully I never go below 200 worse case scenario and I always have 20 free dollars to play with.

Usually it works out to pick 4 to 5 lines with 19 points for nfl and 20 points for ncaa

"I'll be your huckleberry"


For those odds, you need to pick each game with a 63% odds of success to make the bet break even. If you can pick generally at 63%, you'd clean house.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 am 
Zeke5123 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Parlays are for suckers man.


Assuming a less than "perfect" 3 teamer pays 4 to 1

10 x 4 = 40
50 x 4 = 200
250 x 4 = 1000
1250 x 4 = 5000

I will suffer the slings and arrows of suckerdom to take my shot at grouping 3 winners just 4 times over a season.

Open parlays can be damn attractive too

If I budget just 200 a season I can insure 180 with a very comfortable tease paying @ 12%.so hopefully I never go below 200 worse case scenario and I always have 20 free dollars to play with.

Usually it works out to pick 4 to 5 lines with 19 points for nfl and 20 points for ncaa

"I'll be your huckleberry"


For those odds, you need to pick each game with a 63% odds of success to make the bet break even. If you can pick generally at 63%, you'd clean house.


No.....not exactly. 63% assumes an unlimited bankroll and an even distribution of odds over a sequence.

3 things you GOTTA KNOW when gambling imo

1. The law of averages
2. The law of probability
3. The real world doesnt happen in vacuum
4. Football isnt a 50/50 proposition


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 1735
But that is kind of the thing. Lines are created to make football pretty close to a 50/50 proposition. If you think you can find a 63% winning proposition, then you will make a killing betting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 pm 
SteelerChef wrote:
Who you got and why ?

10/1/2017 9:30 AM NFL Football 251 New Orleans Saints/Miami Dolphins* Under 50½ -110
10/1/2017 1:00 PM NFL Football 260 Houston Texans* +3 -130 vs Tennessee Titans
10/1/2017 1:00 PM NFL Football 265 Pittsburgh Steelers* -2½ -135 vs Baltimore Ravens
Risking $10.00 To Win $49.14


I think 50+ at 9am is going to be rough

I bought .5 to get the Steelers off 3 and although history says otherwise they at least have the players to manhandle the Rats

I bought .5 to put the home dog division rival at 3


Funny....this and some open parlays were my only wins....118 bet 59 returned

I put the 59 on a moneyline parlay paying 30 for Seahawks and Chiefs wins. Maybe be in position to even up prior to Saturday


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3176
Nice work. I got killed this week. Had a Florida/Wisconsin parlay that looked good until that late rally by Northwestern. Had a nice nest egg after horse racing and golf this summer that I’ve pissed away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:27 am 
SteelerChef wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Who you got and why ?

10/1/2017 9:30 AM NFL Football 251 New Orleans Saints/Miami Dolphins* Under 50½ -110
10/1/2017 1:00 PM NFL Football 260 Houston Texans* +3 -130 vs Tennessee Titans
10/1/2017 1:00 PM NFL Football 265 Pittsburgh Steelers* -2½ -135 vs Baltimore Ravens
Risking $10.00 To Win $49.14


I think 50+ at 9am is going to be rough

I bought .5 to get the Steelers off 3 and although history says otherwise they at least have the players to manhandle the Rats

I bought .5 to put the home dog division rival at 3


Funny....this and some open parlays were my only wins....118 bet 59 returned

I put the 59 on a moneyline parlay paying 30 for Seahawks and Chiefs wins. Maybe be in position to even up prior to Saturday



Seahawks and Chiefs came through and brought my bankroll from 59 to 89.

I put 70 to win 138 on

Toledo Penn State Idaho and Florida in a moneyline 4 team parlay


$70.00 $138.13 Pending 4 Team Parlay
Pending 10/7/17 12:00pm College Football 318 Toledo -525* vs Eastern Michigan
Pending 10/7/17 12:00pm College Football 331 Penn State -550* vs Northwestern
Pending 10/7/17 5:00pm College Football 358 Idaho -290* vs UL Lafayette
Pending 10/7/17 3:30pm College Football 396 Florida -175* vs LSU


The other 19 I put on a few more open parlays and some riskier outcomes and some less risky outcomes.

If all goes perfect I should be able to take some deep risk in the nfl this week


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 pm 
I still have an outside shot at $19

Otherwise a total loss this weekend

Fla was a killer


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Team Parlay Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 pm 
Idaho is gonna finish me...damn


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BethlehemSteel, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JackSplat58, prophet, Steel Drummer, Steel Mike, tazfootball2, Tundralag and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group