It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shazier
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:27 pm 

SP wrote:
Shazier makes big plays in big games time and time again. He'll never be Levon Kirkland in the run game, but the kid has special traits. The int was huge, but the deflection to Hilton was the WOW play. Huge jump and if he doesn't get a hand on the ball Ravens have a first down at our 20

I'll have look at all 22 but looked like Davis was sitting behind that coverage be interesting to look at it.

Shazier made plays all over the field and even ones he didn't make blew up what Rats tried to do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:34 pm 

Strom Detmer wrote:
Wow...I haven't posted here in years and I still see the word Zivco..me thinks the ladies doth protest too much - still...Anywho todays game was a great example of a team that builds through the draft and a team that uses FA too much because they cannot build through the draft. Like it or not the game changed after 2011 and our D had to too and holy shit if Colbert hasn't fielded the most talented homegrown D in the league again...Shazier Heyward Tuit Watt are the irreplaceable parts but Sean D, Burns, Dupree, Grave Digger, all could become top tier as well. Also watch my damn show I couldnt post for two years cause I was making it... its on cinemax but here is a free link

https://www.cinemax.com/mike-judge-pres ... /episode-1

That cult experience has mellowed you Zivco. It's good they let you get on the "satan box" on your poppy breaks now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:45 pm 

Strom Detmer wrote:
Wow...I haven't posted here in years and I still see the word Zivco..me thinks the ladies doth protest too much

Dude, you're famous around here. I've only heard the legends of the wrist measurer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:00 am 

steelclan wrote:
SP wrote:
Shazier makes big plays in big games time and time again. He'll never be Levon Kirkland in the run game, but the kid has special traits. The int was huge, but the deflection to Hilton was the WOW play. Huge jump and if he doesn't get a hand on the ball Ravens have a first down at our 20

I'll have look at all 22 but looked like Davis was sitting behind that coverage be interesting to look at it.

Shazier made plays all over the field and even ones he didn't make blew up what Rats tried to do.

Where are all the CJ Mosley lovers? 8-)

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:46 am 

to be fair we've all known Shazier is capable of being this player in a given game, i think hitting that high more than a few times a season is still a question mark

he's certainly far from 43 in that regard, as of now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:02 am 

steelclan wrote:
SP wrote:

I thought Hilton was all over the targeted receiver, jumping the route but need better look.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 am 

Shazier played a good game...I mean a very good game.

I understand you have take the good with the bad.

I can't get by bad fundamental football...Blocking and tackling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:22 pm 

FC wrote:

Agree

That will always lose games against good teams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:20 pm 

FC wrote:

When you backdoor blockers as in ILB, you get burned or lost in the wash a lot of times, when you have the speed of Shazier, other times it will turn into a big hit in the backfield.

It is exactly taking the good with the bad. When Shazier starts aging and losing a step, his backdoor stuff will not cut it. But until then we can enjoy some big plays.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:37 pm 

We are beginning to see the upside of these guys staying healthy and growing together. I think this defense has the potential to be a dominant, top five NFL defense over the next 3-5 years.
Finding gems like Hilton and Hargrave, investing high picks on Heyward, Burns, Davis, Tuitt and Shazier, that is just an absurd amount of young talent on that side of the ball.
The yield makes me completely forgive the whiffs on players like Senquez Golston, Shaq Richardson, Doran Grant and Gerrod Holliman.