It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Again if AB is ruled to have not been down by contact how is that not a td for Balt

The whistle blew.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:40 am 

SteelKnife wrote:
Why was Ben showing a 1 yard drag on 3 and 6 anyway?

We must throw extremely short of the sticks or 50 yards down field on every third down There's a covenant between Haley, Woody Hayes, and Al Davis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:42 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Vertical Steel wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Honestly I think that's a good call.

How could you possibly think that's a good call? That's a catch, knee down, then ball is stripped into the air.

Are you insinuating that they had enough visual evidence to determine that AB never had control of the ball and that it was just micro-bouncing around between his hands and body, and then magically flew up into the air when he was tackled? Indisputable evidence? Total fucking nonsense.

I think he didn't maintain possession through the catch, like the rule says he needs to. If it would have hit the ground, it would have been an incompletion. Because it landed in Weddell's hands, it was an interception.

He took two steps and was tackled-- not going to the ground in the process of making the catch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:44 am 

Kodiak wrote:
there's the WTF Ben?!? for today

....although that's an almost perfect pass

It was a perfect pass-- dropped right into AB's arms. I kinda couldn't believe AB dropped that. He dropped one like it within the past couple of games, as well-- I mean a ball he usually catches in a crowd that he had both hands on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:44 am 

TB wrote:
Looks like we've had a lot of RPOs this drive with Ben checking to the run.

I think he was changing run from one side to the other. They were trying to catch BMore overloaded to one side.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:46 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Again if AB is ruled to have not been down by contact how is that not a td for Balt

So are they saying he never had possession of the ball?

wouldn't it still be a td?

The whistle blew when AB hit the ground. Just like Shazier big hit/fumble recovery v Cincy in playoffs. They can award the D recovery, but since whistle had blown... no return.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
AB wide open on the play, Haley did his job. Or is that strictly AB's own effort?

AB didn't get open running his route or if he did it took way too long to come open. Ben looked to him and AB was covered, so Ben looked elswhere.

Exactly. In fact that fucking "route" was probably the dumbest call in the nfl yesterday 2 wrs both short of the sticks drag CBs along with them into the most crowded part of the field. They were essentially single covered and that "route" ran both WRs into triple coverage. Think about that.

The part where AB came "free" was essentially a broken play at that point. HaleyBall has zero room to exploit broken plays. None.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:27 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Fuck blaming Haley.

Ben needs to start balling out. That AB miss was HORRIBLE.

Brown’s frustrations are because of more than that play.

I agree Ben’s miss there was awful. I don’t understand why he’s playing so poorly.

You were watching a different football game than I was-- Ben was really, really good today. Missed one throw (Bryant deep ball). Did a good job of spreading it around, taking the underneath, hit a couple of beautiful intermediate balls. There were at least three drops of 20 yard + gains, too... and probably should have gotten an illegal contact on the one where Bryant collided with the DB.

At the point in the game I posted this, it was right after the sure TD to Brown that Ben missed, apparently a play they practice all the time.

When the clock hit 0:00 I agree Ben played well and made some great throws. Beginning of the game was a mixed bag.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am 

I heard that AB was frustrated because it was a designed play, not a broken one. He said he looked forward to it like a christmas present.

That would mean BR missed him or didn't have time to wait for him to come open as a result of the pass rush. So he chucked to bell before getting sacked. And overthrew him.

That's what it looked like to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:59 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
I heard that AB was frustrated because it was a designed play, not a broken one. He said he looked forward to it like a christmas present.

That would mean BR missed him or didn't have time to wait for him to come open as a result of the pass rush. So he chucked to bell before getting sacked. And overthrew him.

That's what it looked like to me.

Charlie Batch said AB improvised.

Whether he knows that for sure or was just protecting Ben I don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next