It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: POLL: Who's Watching This Week/ Who Is Really DONE!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:05 pm 

dropemjaybird wrote:
I'm done, got other plans already and it feels good.

The product isn't worth it. Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley are gym teachers who probably wouldn't be good at that either.

The players are assholes... and dumb ones at that.

What is your rationale for continuing to post here, then? This a forum for Steelers talk and you claim to be done with the Steelers. Is it that you plan to continue to follow what Steeler fans are up to, but not the Steelers? That would be...weird.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:13 pm 

I'll be watching. It's Steelers-Ravens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:15 am 

I have no plans to stop watching as I'm not particularly offended by anything that happened. Apparently I'm more loyal to the Steelers than to the flag.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 am 

By the way. Last night in Green Bay:

Attendance: 78,362
100%
Capacity: 72,928

"I'm done, no more NFL for me!" LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:21 am 

I won't be watching !!!

But then again, I'll be at a Fall Apple Cider Festival that the family goes to every year, so that's why. Otherwise, I wouldn't miss one play of the Steeler's inept offence and defense yelling at the tv and cursing out Tomlin and Haley for being total dumbfucks (My during game ritual). Now, if they play like they did several years ago, pummeling them, I would be as giddy as hell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:08 am 

dropemjaybird wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
It's funny how when I've criticized the Steelers for things they did, I was told that I "wasn't a real fan" by some, now I guess the tables are turned. Of course my criticism never had to do with things outside THE GAME.

Maybe the Steelers will let you kneel down on the field with them or something, could be the proudest moment in your life.

I'd love to do that, just to fuck with people. LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 am 

Funny how all the stadiums where full? I guess everyone was done with being done. :lol:

I do know a few people that actually followed through, but the number is minimal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 am 

Nick79 wrote:
Lot's of people say they are through with the NFL because of these SumBichez who Hate 'Murica!

Who really is?

Me, I'll be watching.

I'll be watching next week and the week after just like heading into this week. I'm not one that did nor will jump at the media bullshit. As always when more facts and points of view example: Big V's explanation of why he was out there in the first place etc. I saw friends of mine on FB (colleagues mostly) from past jobs etc burning their Steeler stuff and overall the media bullshit and all the sheep that ran with it made even looking at social media or even this place unbearable for a cpl of days. I was buried in 10-11hrs a day training for the last 8 days so combined with the media shit show, the sheep etc, I didn't read most of the comments here.

I will say this. I was bitching up a storm about that AB call being an interception after his knee clearly hit the ground. Made me think of some viewpoints expressed here that the NFL is scripted entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:25 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Lot's of people say they are through with the NFL because of these SumBichez who Hate 'Murica!

Who really is?

Me, I'll be watching.

I'll be watching next week and the week after just like heading into this week. I'm not one that did nor will jump at the media bullshit. As always when more facts and points of view example: Big V's explanation of why he was out there in the first place etc. I saw friends of mine on FB (colleagues mostly) from past jobs etc burning their Steeler stuff and overall the media bullshit and all the sheep that ran with it made even looking at social media or even this place unbearable for a cpl of days. I was buried in 10-11hrs a day training for the last 8 days so combined with the media shit show, the sheep etc, I didn't read most of the comments here.

I will say this. I was bitching up a storm about that AB call being an interception after his knee clearly hit the ground. Made me think of some viewpoints expressed here that the NFL is scripted entertainment.

Not sure anyone could script that much Bullshit in one day.. The Product the NFL is putting on the field is horrible.. You almost have to be a fucking lawyer to figure out what is legal and what is not... What happened to good old football... I wish they could go back to the 1970's rules.. Fuck the players health.. they have a choice and get paid millions for that choice..
Its like 30 minutes of real football and 3 hours of bullshit..Not to mention the endless commercials..

I will continue to watch Penn State play and the Steelers.. other than that...I really don't give a shit... Hockey starts soon.. I really wont give two shits when that happens..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 am 

Still Lit wrote:
dropemjaybird wrote:
I'm done, got other plans already and it feels good.

The product isn't worth it. Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley are gym teachers who probably wouldn't be good at that either.

The players are assholes... and dumb ones at that.

What is your rationale for continuing to post here, then? This a forum for Steelers talk and you claim to be done with the Steelers. Is it that you plan to continue to follow what Steeler fans are up to, but not the Steelers? That would be...weird.

It's a habit, I watched about 10 total minutes worth of last week's game, and only a few minutes of the 3rd qtr this game. Cut the grass during the first half this week, and went to a birthday party as the 3rd qtr was ending this week.

Essentially I don't care about the Steelers... I actually hoped they would lose. It's actually funny - in the short time I watch any of the game, it doesn't take long to see Todd Haley calling a crap game. With the apathy toward winning or losing I have with the Steelers, it's even moreso with the rest of the league. I used to put other games on, now I just don't give a crap. Pittsburgh is a football bubble.... there will still be lots of people watching games here, maybe not as many as before - but enough. Nobody gives a shit about the Titans, Browns, Jets, etc. As these bad teams fade into playing for draft picks, they audience will continue to wither. Each week my twitter feed is fed new photos of empty stadiums during kickoffs, not the Green Bay's and Pittsburghs... but a majority of the rest of the league where they just don't care about football.

The NFL is dying. Football is dying. High school teams are getting smaller and smaller, Midget Leagues are getting smaller and smaller. The anthem stuff is a very very small part of it, but it was a final nail in the coffin.

My personal problem with the Steelers comes from Tomlin and how the rest of the team handled the situation. They were cowards. None of them wanted to be seen kneeling next to Villenueava. It was as simple as that. That's why they pulled the locker room BS. After live streaming in the locker room after a game, getting suspended and holding out, throwing tantrums on the field - they made a combat veteran -a guy who risked his life to save friends in battle - apologize for standing for the national anthem. A bunch of players who have done everything in the world that to a normal person would be considered selfish in the face of a team game - made the one guy whose put his life on the line for his real team members apologize to everyone for making them look bad. That's gutless. Screw all of them.