It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 pm 

I maintain that execution on the offensive side of the ball is still all over the place, but most teams are going through that right now. Run blocking yesterday was very good though.

I fear McDonalds hands are as bad as adverstised. He’s butt fucked the very few opportunities he’s gotten.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:32 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
At the point in the game I posted this, it was right after the sure TD to Brown that Ben missed, apparently a play they practice all the time.

When the clock hit 0:00 I agree Ben played well and made some great throws. Beginning of the game was a mixed bag.

Fair enough-- but even at that point of the game I thought Ben had played well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:54 pm 

I also don't consider 45+ yard bombs a sure thing. Any one of a number of things can go wrong, and I don't blame BR for the (over) throw, if in fact it was. I just question the timing on 3rd and 3, in a close game, when surely picking up the first down would have been of a much higher percentage to complete. The repeated bombs to AB in the bears game were also head scratchers. Even a Todd Haley TD would have been a success, but they got nothing. I think BR can stand to train more. After all, it's not like 35 years old is. . . old. The threat of a scamper or two is always advantageous. Nobody is afraid of BR running. I'm more concerned with his decision making than being able to make throws.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:25 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I also don't consider 45+ yard bombs a sure thing. Any one of a number of things can go wrong, and I don't blame BR for the (over) throw, if in fact it was. I just question the timing on 3rd and 3, in a close game, when surely picking up the first down would have been of a much higher percentage to complete. The repeated bombs to AB in the bears game were also head scratchers. Even a Todd Haley TD would have been a success, but they got nothing. I think BR can stand to train more. After all, it's not like 35 years old is. . . old. The threat of a scamper or two is always advantageous. Nobody is afraid of BR running. I'm more concerned with his decision making than being able to make throws.

Take a look at the overhead replay they showed.

On 3rd and MOTHERFUCKING 3!"

-AB and Bryant both run Go routes
- Juju (I believe) runs a deep post
- Outlaw runs a short out pattern

Someone explain this thing called situational football again?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I heard that AB was frustrated because it was a designed play, not a broken one. He said he looked forward to it like a christmas present.

They just showed the AB post game interview and analyzed this play on NFL Primetime. Apparently it wasn’t so much a designed play, but rather a read and adjustment of how the defense reacted. It was short crossers looking for a rub to free up AB. Waddle curled up from his safety position to cut off the route, something the Steelers apparently expected him to do. Seeing this, AB turned upfield and as we know, was wide open. Problem was that Ben had already, for whatever reason, come off of Brown and tossed high to Lev. IMO, had he stayed one the crossing routes a split second longer, it’s an easy 6.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:01 pm 

I saw rickety-old Carson Palmer run a QB sneak last week.

Ben hasn't run a sneak IN YEARS. Think about that. Situational football?!? How stupid and arrogant are the coaches not to utilize one of the most time tested and effective plays?

And I don't think it's Ben - he used to seem to really enjoy the sneak and talking trash about it. The fact that Ben hasn't called one on his own might say something about just how comfortable and confident he is defying Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:39 pm 

ben doesn't even move much in pocket anymore.. wheres the rollouts? ben was very good throwing on the move.. I'm not saying we need ben vick. but the mastery of a statue is not the awnser..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:16 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I saw rickety-old Carson Palmer run a QB sneak last week.

Ben hasn't run a sneak IN YEARS. Think about that. Situational football?!? How stupid and arrogant are the coaches not to utilize one of the most time tested and effective plays?

And I don't think it's Ben - he used to seem to really enjoy the sneak and talking trash about it. The fact that Ben hasn't called one on his own might say something about just how comfortable and confident he is defying Haley.

I saw Palmer run that sneak and thought the same exact thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:32 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Take a look at the overhead replay they showed.

On 3rd and MOTHERFUCKING 3!"

-AB and Bryant both run Go routes
- Juju (I believe) runs a deep post
- Outlaw runs a short out pattern

Another Haley indictment? Didn't see the all 22, but if that's a fact, then fuck Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:36 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Another Haley indictment? Didn't see the all 22, but if that's a fact, then fuck Haley.[/quote]

We've all seen the lack of discipline and consistency with this offense. It needs chunk plays to thrive. They attack on 3rd and short because they get favorable match-ups/odds to get those chunk plays. Haley's offense is largely built around individuals winning 1-on-1 matchups, and he does very little to help them in that regard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next