It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:03 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
In his post game presser BR said finny asked him what to do in the huddle on the play since he was already on the field with the clock running. He said : block someone and then go to the flat.

I see Haley has the offense running like a well oiled pig.

That was the first play of the series to boot.
Was the play after Cam caused and recovered the fumble.

So how the offense and OC was not prepared to start a new possession and series, with the right players and right play call is just another example of the mess that this offense is.....long before the snap of a ball.
And in this case before the break of the huddle.
No wonder why we have so many pre-snap penalties.

Be nice to turn up the focus and intensity in practice to get this offense to start acting like they have played together before.
But we only have one more day until Ben gets his mid-week day off. Seems like an eternity since his last day off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:45 am 

fortythree wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:
I don't think Ben has ever stated it, but I actually believe he doesn't like using PA a lot at this stage in his career. I don't think he likes tuning his back to the LOS and then making/reading a pass play. I could be wrong, but it's what I think at least.

PA is a QB's best friend. And even if the above were true, I'd expect my OC to say "tough luck....no....PA is a QB's best friend".

Some of the theories I'm seeing being floated and offered up....if there's any merit to any of it, at all, then Tomlin and Haley are even more incompetent than I ever thought possible.

Can you share them or do they only exist inside your own head?

It's because I base my opinion on being extremely well informed. Not like some here (hint-hint) that want to get into pissing contest with others then they say they didn't really see the play/video/text (you name it) until after their running off the their mouth for two days. Or they won't admit it to anyone, even if they know its true. 43, you've proven yourself now, time and time again, that you have many uniformed opinions, but want so badly for everyone to think your big and scary and "in the know". When the reality is, you're the worst kind of "guy in the know"...one that's lazy, ill-informed and to young & dumb to know it. I take that last part back, you're probably not dumb, and you know all those things about yourself, your just to insecure to admit it. You do write purdy though!

Please stop getting into pissing contest with me until you actually grow a dick (and some balls) and stop sitting to pee.

Have a good one though, tough guy. :lol:

Oh, and regarding Ben and not liking PA, you can see it in his motions when he does it (not a lot of interest in doing it right - if you actually watch the plays and don't just read about them) and I thought I remembered hearing too (as confirmed by SoCalSteel), but couldn't place it exactly, so didn't want to state it if I wasn't sure. See, I can do that, because I'm really well informed, not lazy or insecure. Try it sometime, you may find people will respect you more...if you have the balls, that is.....oh wait...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:31 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Oh, and regarding Ben and not liking PA, you can see it in his motions when he does it

If true (and I'm still skeptical even if Batch said it....because it's fucking unbelievable and stupid) it might have something to do with Ben getting murdered for YEARS trying to run PA behind our OL.

Yeah, I'd hate turning my back to the defense, too, if I'm getting trucked almost every time I do it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
In his post game presser BR said finny asked him what to do in the huddle on the play since he was already on the field with the clock running. He said : block someone and then go to the flat.

I see Haley has the offense running like a well oiled pig.

That was the first play of the series to boot.
Was the play after Cam caused and recovered the fumble.

So how the offense and OC was not prepared to start a new possession and series, with the right players and right play call is just another example of the mess that this offense is.....long before the snap of a ball.
And in this case before the break of the huddle.
No wonder why we have so many pre-snap penalties.

Be nice to turn up the focus and intensity in practice to get this offense to start acting like they have played together before.
But we only have one more day until Ben gets his mid-week day off. Seems like an eternity since his last day off.

It could only be more comical if it was Laundry Jones throwing it to Finney as a fake FG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:39 pm 

But if you are running a lot from shotgun, you don't need to turn your back on the defense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:54 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
But if you are running a lot from shotgun, you don't need to turn your back on the defense.

Exactly...and you can also run PA from under center without the need for the QB to turn his back on the defense. But in the Steelers offense, where most rushes have the QB running back 7 yards to hand to the RB, it is a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Oh, and regarding Ben and not liking PA, you can see it in his motions when he does it

If true (and I'm still skeptical even if Batch said it....because it's fucking unbelievable and stupid) it might have something to do with Ben getting murdered for YEARS trying to run PA behind our OL.

Yeah, I'd hate turning my back to the defense, too, if I'm getting trucked almost every time I do it.

I agree it should be used and is one of a QB's best friends, if used properly. I'm just telling you what I see. Compared to QBs that are very good at it, he doesn't sell it like they do. Actually, I do (now), remembering hearing Batch state it. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. I love what Ben has done for the Steelers, but am not blind to thinking he's close to perfect (and not saying you are), like many here. All may not agree, but I want my team leader working harder than those he's leading and harder than all of his QB peers. Based on what I see, he's not. Ben has much more say in this offense Monday-Friday and on the field, on Sundays, than many here think or may want to admit....imo, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:07 pm 

DP39 wrote:
I agree it should be used and is one of a QB's best friends, if used properly. I'm just telling you what I see.

I get what you're saying, but his first 4-5 years in the league he was historically great on PA.....I mean, off the charts. And they ran it, A LOT, more than Peyton some years.

And if this is true and the reason they don't run more PA, what does that say about Tomlin/Haley? I think it would say they're stupid...or pussies...and probably both.

Stockholm syndrome.....Ben's come up with a way to rationalize for himself Haley not running PA :lol: :lol:

But, seriously, there are many criticisms I've seen of Ben over the years that never made much sense. One was the inability to throw the screen. Then Haley came, it became more of a focus, and Ben got a lot better at it (and maybe a back or two with some actual receiving ability). Ben is a HOFer - what you see on Sunday reflects what they practice and prioritize.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:18 pm 

The PAs I saw on Sunday was really half assed. Kind of wave the ball in Bells direction. I think Ben can't move very well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:20 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:
I agree it should be used and is one of a QB's best friends, if used properly. I'm just telling you what I see.

I get what you're saying, but his first 4-5 years in the league he was historically great on PA.....I mean, off the charts. And they ran it, A LOT, more than Peyton some years.
BR had Bettis. Then Fast Willie. BR hasn't had a decent back for a while until Bell showed up. Spindenhall was average. PA works only when you have a decent RB that draws attention with either speed, brut force, or quickness. Something redman, moore, dwyer, and a few others simply did not have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next