It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:32 pm
Posts: 382
bradshaw2ben wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:
This wasn't Todd Haley's fault most likely. Position coaches responsible for getting appropriate personnel on the field - would suspect TE coach responsible here but I don't know what coaches handle jumbo package personnel.

It's Haley's fault if he changed his mind late about the playcall.


Is that the case or are you making up a possible explanation?

My recollection of other's reports is that Ben's explanation to Finney occurred in the huddle, which makes it seem like the play got in just fine.


Last edited by FromPittWithLove on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5189
FromPittWithLove wrote:
This wasn't Todd Haley's fault most likely. Position coaches responsible for getting appropriate personnel on the field - would suspect TE coach responsible here but I don't know what coaches handle jumbo package personnel.
That's a reasonable explanation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14085
FromPittWithLove wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:
This wasn't Todd Haley's fault most likely. Position coaches responsible for getting appropriate personnel on the field - would suspect TE coach responsible here but I don't know what coaches handle jumbo package personnel.

It's Haley's fault if he changed his mind late about the playcall.


Is that the case or are you making up a possible explanation?

My recollection of other's reports is that Ben's explanation to Finney occurred in the huddle, which makes it seem like the play got in just fine.

Finney said that the play clock was running when Ben told him about the play and what to do. I interpreted this to mean the personnel was already on the field when the play was called, meaning it was the OC who called a play for the wrong personnel on the field. Ben was quoted as saying "We called pass a pass play (sic)"... when he says we, that has generally meant the OC.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:32 pm
Posts: 382
Quote:
Finney said that the play clock was running when Ben told him about the play and what to do. I interpreted this to mean the personnel was already on the field when the play was called, meaning it was the OC who called a play for the wrong personnel on the field. Ben was quoted as saying "We called pass a pass play (sic)"... when he says we, that has generally meant the OC.


You and I have both been around a lot of football - position coaches/players screw this up all the time (I know I did) especially when the guy in question (Finney) is not a normal contributor to that formation.

It is certainly possible that Haley didn't realize Finney was in the game, but I can't blame Todd for expecting his players/position coaches to do their jobs.

Perhaps my gripe is that I can't see how anyone can just throw their hands up and blame Haley for this anymore than they can blame Finney and/or Daniels. I get that Haley is not a favorite son here (and probably rightfully so) but I think data is being massaged to fit a narrative.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 373
Do ya think? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Finny #4 TE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14085
FromPittWithLove wrote:
Quote:
Finney said that the play clock was running when Ben told him about the play and what to do. I interpreted this to mean the personnel was already on the field when the play was called, meaning it was the OC who called a play for the wrong personnel on the field. Ben was quoted as saying "We called pass a pass play (sic)"... when he says we, that has generally meant the OC.


You and I have both been around a lot of football - position coaches/players screw this up all the time (I know I did) especially when the guy in question (Finney) is not a normal contributor to that formation.

It is certainly possible that Haley didn't realize Finney was in the game, but I can't blame Todd for expecting his players/position coaches to do their jobs.

Perhaps my gripe is that I can't see how anyone can just throw their hands up and blame Haley for this anymore than they can blame Finney and/or Daniels. I get that Haley is not a favorite son here (and probably rightfully so) but I think data is being massaged to fit a narrative.

I don't know either way, just sounded like the play was called while they were in the huddle. Of all the sins committed on a weekly basis, this is just about the least of them, anyway.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JackSplat58 and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group