It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EXPANDING WASTE'S MIND AS WASTE EXPANDS WAIST
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 am 

Today a 40 year old man learned how to add a headline to his reply as he ate 4 waffles, 3 pancakes, a taco bell lardito, a pizza hut vodka lover's pizza and a KFC "just the skin" sandwich. Jeemie you rock! cause I honestly would never have ever even seen we had our own little headlines. Next game we are at at same time I will buy the beer. Now I will return to drinking stagnant water from an old tire leaning against my shed which is where I keep the emergency breakfasts. And also, did not anyone else just think that there was no way the Ravens beat this defense? I just feel like this fucker is built. Again, conscious commitment to stop waking and baking. Blue tooth mouse now in quantum singular existence with remote.

Post subject: Re: Defensive notes on Ravens' drives
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:04 am 

Yeah a great write up Clan! I was super impressed with our pass rush. Tuitt and Watt being back really makes that thing go. That game showed what we all mostly knew about good defensive efforts and that's they are 90% D and 10% Offensive screwups. They could've easily had 23 pts today but the Wallace drop and then the overthrow by Flacco to Perriman (I believe) showed just how much they've fallen as a team. Each of those plays were really demoralizing for the Ratbirds and my Grinch smile was in full effect.

The only thing I wish is that they would play closer to the LOS to contest more instead of tackling the catch. It's almost as if they are willing to concede the 1st down sometimes.

Loving the play of Burns, Haden and especially Hilton. He's night and day of what Gay was bringing to the table lately.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:53 pm 

The Steelers played prevent D from the end of the 2nd quarter all the way to the end of the game, except for when Ravens got in red zone. They openly conceded the underneath in the middle of the field.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:15 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Steelers played prevent D from the end of the 2nd quarter all the way to the end of the game, except for when Ravens got in red zone. They openly conceded the underneath in the middle of the field.

It bugged me because 4 and 5 would've gotten to Flacco all day. His line simply couldn't pass block & Rats WRs couldn't get open without a free release. Against better teams Butler needs to trust his secondary to hold up and let the bevy of pass rush options make plays.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:51 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Normally we rail on this philosophical approach....but it made sense in this case, and it worked....so props to Tomlin.

I just pray this is a one-off and because we have a defense [maybe] and Bell(?) that we're not going to handcuff the QB and make him a game manager. Ben was one of the very few, maybe only guy, to consistently find success throwing in adverse situations in a run-heavy offense, but that was young Ben and also under Cowher a Ben that was allowed to hold the ball and throw beyond the sticks.