It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben calls out Antonio
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm 

Bell was extremely consistent as a runner, which plays right into "I'd run it 4 downs in a row if I could" Haley's philosophy. Bell was also #1 in the NFL last year in short yardage situations. That's who he is.

Of course, they took away the short yardage job from him so far, but that may have more to do with his apparent lack of 100% explosion compared to last year.

If Bell is in, they just go crazy giving him the ball, that is clear. Yes, last year's team seemed to do well when they ran through Bell, just as the previous year's team did well with Ben gunslinging. Just as 2014's did in the second half of season with a more balanced attack. Every year is different and this year's personnel is much closer to the balance of 2014 than last year's guys off the street.

Last week wasn't a particularly good example of what this team is-- they basically got up 19-0 and decided to end the game as quickly as possible after that point. Prevent D, run the shit out of the ball for 30+ minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:14 pm 

Quote:
Antonio Brown‏
Verified account
 @AB84 58m

Apologize for all the noise and the distractions Steeler nation let's stay focus #Pushfor7
[/quote]

Big ol' nothing burger.

Why anyone cares that AB beat up a Gatorade container is beyond me.

He seems like the kind of guy that let's his passion get the best of him and who also recognizes when he did so inappropriately after the fact.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 pm 

Moving on

Let's kick the Jags asses

Who cares that he assaulted the Gatorade jug and threw a tantrum?

FUCK it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:05 pm 

When Bell is in the lineup, PIT is going to run the ball more and throw to the backs more. Only one football. Someone(s) is getting less passes thrown their way.

As for Bell, I've seen flashes of the speed and burst. I'm pretty well convinced he's making conscious efforts to avoid big collisions at full speed. That will change later in the year when he realizes he needs to bust his ass just to earn an $8M/yr contract offer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Moving on

Let's kick the Jags asses

Who cares that he assaulted the Gatorade jug and threw a tantrum?

FUCK it.
You would have prefered he FUCKED the gatorade jug?

Now that would have been something to see. Better than being bitch slapped by a field goal practice net.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Now that would have been something to see. Better than being bitch slapped by a field goal practice net.

I really have no issue with what AB did. I like seeing the passion. This team could probably use some more of that in some of the disinterested, sloppy road losses to inferior teams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:48 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I really have no issue with what AB did. I like seeing the passion. This team could probably use some more of that in some of the disinterested, sloppy road losses to inferior teams.

So with you stating you're ok with what AB did, in your opinion was it ok for him to put his hands up like wtf, toss the Gatorade jug, fiercely slap away the coaches hand that is on your shoulder trying to talk you down off the ledge?

In my opinion all of is detrimental to the cause. I would of sat that mother fucker on the bench for that shit and told him to sit his ass down and cry over there and he can try and play next week with his teammates.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
So with you stating you're ok with what AB did, in your opinion was it ok for him to put his hands up like wtf, toss the Gatorade jug, fiercely slap away the coaches hand that is on your shoulder trying to talk you down off the ledge?

Slapping away a coach's hand, no.

The rest of it, sure. We've seen Brady at least that demonstrative on the sideline many times. And if it's ok for Ben to wave and gesture at receivers after they screw up, then it's certainly ok for AB.

Sure, AB is a diva and we've seen him pout when he's not getting the ball. But he's also a fierce competitor, and sometimes that fire is lacking in the team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:11 pm 

Scunge wrote:
And again, I would like to point out that the offense produced just 26 points.

They weren't trying to score more. They turtled the entire second half against a team whose offense they had no respect for.

Scunge wrote:
26 points is not going to get it done against NE or Atlanta or Green Bay in post season play.

They know that. When they play those teams, they will try to score the whole game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
They turtled the entire second half against a team whose offense they had no respect for.

Which is fair. A win is a win.

But you there are very few teams you can count out like that, regardless of the first half or previous games. And it's gotten them in trouble before.

Additionally, the offense played well in the first half. Seems like maybe they could have used a full game of work given how poorly they played the first 3 games. Or at least work on some things you'd like to do, or like to do better. They threw away 2 quarters of opportunity to get better on offense. And maybe if they hadn't fucked the goat against Chicago they wouldn't have had to do that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next