It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL TV Maps Week 5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:21 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
How does FOX have the Jets at Cleveland? 2 AFC teams, what am I missing?

They introduced that kind of network flexing a few years ago.

Thanks...there are going to be a lot of pissed off Lions fans in my area. They are typically the FOX 1 PM game and the Stains are usually CBS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 pm 
superbelt wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
What I hate is this "double header" BS! Why can't both networks show 2 games? I'm sure local CBS in Baltimore would rather show Steelers at 1:00 than "paid programming" since the Ravens play at 4:30? They are hurting their own network ratings.

It's the CBS in Harrisburg, too. They are playing the movie Desperado at 1 instead of the Steelers. And then the Ravens at 4.

They would certainly rather play the Steelers here over Ravens. But the NFL rules that force Baltimore as our home market screws us.

This is the 3rd game that we don't get to see in Harrisburg, and I'm sick and tired of it. I used to scramble to find other ways to watch, but I'm losing interest in doing that. The NFL is slowly training me to not give a fuck anymore. I guess they don't want me to be an avid fan of my own home state team.

Totally agree....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm 
PittWest wrote:
I will be streaming via YouTube again. My main account got banned for copyright infringement, so I made a secondary account I'll be using. To avoid getting my secondary account banned, I'm going to be setting the stream to private, which means a few things.

First, as far as I can tell, I can only invite 25 people. Second, only those invited would be able to watch, even if the link is shared. Third, those 25 people must have their own YouTube account and be logged in to watch. This means that I need to know beforehand, preferably a day or so, who needs a link, and I need the email address associated with their YouTube account for the invite.

Not telling you what to do...and i am a dumb old guy in regards to the cyber...lol

But cant you just run your game feed to your computer and stream to other computers ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:04 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Not telling you what to do...and i am a dumb old guy in regards to the cyber...lol

But cant you just run your game feed to your computer and stream to other computers ?

Two drawbacks - Everyone will need to be on the same software platform to do that (Chrome Remote Desktop would be a good example). Second, a total stranger can pretty easily get access to your device if you're doing that. Also, I'm not sure how many people you could get on one feed.

Youtube allows you to host the video on a third party so PittWest doesn't run the risk of some internet crazy getting his personal info.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
PittWest wrote:
I will be streaming via YouTube again. My main account got banned for copyright infringement, so I made a secondary account I'll be using. To avoid getting my secondary account banned, I'm going to be setting the stream to private, which means a few things.

First, as far as I can tell, I can only invite 25 people. Second, only those invited would be able to watch, even if the link is shared. Third, those 25 people must have their own YouTube account and be logged in to watch. This means that I need to know beforehand, preferably a day or so, who needs a link, and I need the email address associated with their YouTube account for the invite.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. I don't know how much anybody really cares about the workings of the whole deal, so I won't go into a ton of detail. But basically I'm taking my Sunday a Ticket feed and feeding it to my computers capture card, and then broadcasting that to YouTube. There are other ways to do what I'm trying to do, specifically using VLC or Sopcast or something like that. But I'm admittedly really new to broadcasting and the learning curve for those other apps has been extremely steep. And while I have a 1 gig up/ 1 gig down fiber connection, im not really sure how many people I'd be able to service with 1080p simultaneously using just VLC. With YouTube, I only need to upload one 1080p 60fps stream, and YouTube then serves it on to whoever may be watching. With vlc, I would have to have to be doing all that myself, which would probably be fine, but I've yet to be able to figure out how to do it

That said, if there's anybody here that has any experience or guidance, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Edit - two spots taken so far. Anybody that wants in, make sure to pm me your YouTube email to get on the list, and I'll send out a pm Sunday morning with a link.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 pm 

5th straight week I will be at Malarkey's (kickass Steelers bar)

The Community Mosaic IPA (draft) is waiting :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:00 pm 

For Canadians, the $3 a month time-shifting channels option on Rogers cable is very much worth it & you can cancel it at the end of December or whenever. The Winnipeg CTV affiliate is again broadcasting the game. Channel 110 here in Toronto.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 pm 

jebrick wrote:
San Fran Indy!! Another power house match-up

I get Tennessee @ Miami - good grief that's pitiful. Why they would show that anywhere outside of Tennessee and Miami is completely beyond me. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 am 

PittWest wrote:

Sounds like a sting op to me...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:36 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
PittWest wrote:

Sounds like a sting op to me...

as I said in another thread...you would be stupid not think think the NFL has web crawlers on all the fan/sports sites looking for people handing out links to games. Be careful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next