It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Artie Burns
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:49 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Sutton was just as good as Burns in college maybe better. His ability to shut down a receiver is not the issue Sutton's health is the issue. An Ankle plagued him in college and now he's got a hamstring. I think we've learned our lesson with Golson and we won't hang on to this kid if he can't physically get onto the field. But if he can get onto the field he's going to be an immense help

Hilton literally made me forget all about Sutton. What a freaking find.

College production is irrelevant if your NFL ceiling is lower. Burns was all about NFL potential and he has lived up to it. If Sutton has half the ceiling of Burns, this secondary will be as deep as any.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm 

My opinion of Burns is he still has a long way to go. I'm not saying he sucks cause he does not. I'm not saying he's lockdown either. Cause he's not. Burns has a long ways to go. Davis I wasn't impressed with until this last game. He showed us fans he can come out and ball even if he's hurt. Davis has a long ways to go. Hilton has been quiet really since his preseason debut. He is usually around the ball carrier and covers the bigger RB/WR good enough. He has a long ways to go. Haden looks rock solid. Haden has some limitations and will never really be any better (I think) than he is right now. Love to see Sutton get some playtime just to see where he's at and what he can do. Same with Allen. I see Allen is earning his stripes on ST's too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
My opinion of Burns is he still has a long way to go. I'm not saying he sucks cause he does not. I'm not saying he's lockdown either. Cause he's not. Burns has a long ways to go. Davis I wasn't impressed with until this last game. He showed us fans he can come out and ball even if he's hurt. Davis has a long ways to go. Hilton has been quiet really since his preseason debut. He is usually around the ball carrier and covers the bigger RB/WR good enough. He has a long ways to go. Haden looks rock solid. Haden has some limitations and will never really be any better (I think) than he is right now. Love to see Sutton get some playtime just to see where he's at and what he can do. Same with Allen. I see Allen is earning his stripes on ST's too.

Being "quiet" as CB is a good thing. Burns outside of a few pens and getting badly burned by Wallace for taking poor step anticipating slant/inside route has been excellent.

Haden tough to judge he has been sitting in a ton of zone coverage.

Davis was better but he still makes mistakes that need to be cleaned up: for example on Wallace TD. Couple issues: first was why the fuck did Steelers drop 8 & rush 3? Second issue was Davis (an educated guess based on coverage) biting on TE route underneath and allowing Wallace to run free through the zone. TE was covered and even if he catches it isn't go very far. No need for Davis to jump on that route. He needed to drop into zone covering Wallace's wheel route. If he does so Flacco has an extremely tight window on timing throw. Considering how close Haden and Davis came to making a play on ball little doubt Davis if he doesn't bite on TE stops that throw and forces Flacco to look elsewhere.