It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL TV Maps Week 5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am 

if this guy isn't a sting op than he's doing a very poor job of not looking like one, if he is, he's not doing a very good job of hiding it...lol even saying he got busted for copyright infringement? so as to remove doubt of awareness on user's part of legality issues connected with what he's doing...would be mind boggling if he's Not fishing for busts...plus i have a low post count myself and i'm no narc, but c'mon. be careful guys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am 

sinceiwas4 wrote:
if this guy isn't a sting op than he's doing a very poor job of not looking like one, if he is, he's not doing a very good job of hiding it...lol even saying he got busted for copyright infringement? so as to remove doubt of awareness on user's part of legality issues connected with what he's doing...would be mind boggling if he's Not fishing for busts...plus i have a low post count myself and i'm no narc, but c'mon. be careful guys.

You caught me. I've been hanging around Steelerfury for years now, biding my time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to broadcast a stream and catch people watching football on YouTube.

Fuck off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:55 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
PittWest wrote:
I will be streaming via YouTube again. My main account got banned for copyright infringement, so I made a secondary account I'll be using. To avoid getting my secondary account banned, I'm going to be setting the stream to private, which means a few things.

First, as far as I can tell, I can only invite 25 people. Second, only those invited would be able to watch, even if the link is shared. Third, those 25 people must have their own YouTube account and be logged in to watch. This means that I need to know beforehand, preferably a day or so, who needs a link, and I need the email address associated with their YouTube account for the invite.

Sounds like a sting op to me...

See my previous reply.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:17 pm 

PittWest wrote:
sinceiwas4 wrote:

You caught me. I've been hanging around Steelerfury for years now, biding my time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to broadcast a stream and catch people watching football on YouTube.

Fuck off.

PittWest, while I have not availed myself of your Steeler stream, it is very kind of you to set up the ability for others to watch the game not available in his area. I am sorry that you have had to go to all the extra trouble after the information was passed around beyond the Steelerfury but regardless, thank you for doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:29 pm 

PittWest wrote:
sinceiwas4 wrote:

You caught me. I've been hanging around Steelerfury for years now, biding my time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to broadcast a stream and catch people
watching football on YouTube.

Fuck off.

tried to respond earlier but, yes. i see now that you have been around for yrs. didnt notice
earlier. apologies. just a thought, discretion is the better part of valor.
you really are a fan helping other fans get to see the game then, awesome. i hope it all works out. for all involved and as always, Go Steelers!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 pm 

PittWest wrote:
sinceiwas4 wrote:

Fuck off.

Well when you put it like that... 8-)

If there was no such thing as a bar with wings and chili and beer then I'd consider joining the party. If it didn't seem so much like a sting op.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:24 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
If it didn't seem so much like a sting op.

How is it a sting op?

My understanding of piracy laws is that it is illegal to broadcast, record or distribute without permission. The only guy at risk is the guy sharing the stream.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:02 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
If it didn't seem so much like a sting op.

How is it a sting op?

My understanding of piracy laws is that it is illegal to broadcast, record or distribute without permission. The only guy at risk is the guy sharing the stream.

Well my understanding of piracy laws is non-existent. I just call em like I see em.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:06 pm 

I've seen PittWest on these boards for a lot of years. Besides, he is the one taking the risk, not us.

I'm very thankful of his efforts.

I do agree and have always thought, that private messages might be a better way of handling this. I worry about people who put themselves out for us cheap bastards.

And if you're watching Roger or his minions in suits, go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:20 pm 

I'm not worried about getting in trouble with the YouTube Police. I don't stay awake at night trying to figure out how to stay one step ahead of Johnny Law before I get caught and sent to the slammer. I am not the Midnight Rider.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm just trying to give back to a website that I've taken alot from over the years. We are all die hard Steelers fans here, and I'll help any way I can to help out another fan to catch a game. If anybody here doesn't like that, feel free to NOT watch the stream. Its pretty simple. I never thought I'd have to defend myself, even from the assholes around here.

To those that do use the stream, enjoy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next