It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps 10-11-17
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm 

damn..was hoping to coast to victory.. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:17 pm 

playoff wins vs caps are awesome..regular season wins aren't bad either.. :lol: fun owning those bitches!! exciting game for October!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 pm 

Watching hockey MUCH earlier this year....awesome fuckin' game!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 pm 

Great early season win by the Birdies. Murray played great. PP was efficient.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:42 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
Pens look faster than last year and I think that is for two reasons: McKegg is always moving and he is faster than Bonino and Cullen. Secondly, Hagelin is healthy.

I think Kegger is going to stick.

I like Rowney too. It’s going to be interesting to see what JR is going to do at C. Man, Reaves looks slow as hell out there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
Horny!!!
2-0

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Pens look faster than last year and I think that is for two reasons: McKegg is always moving and he is faster than Bonino and Cullen. Secondly, Hagelin is healthy.

Hags has caused them all sorts of problem this game. Just been everywhere. Reminds me of why I laughed when some people claimed he's overpaid.

He might be our best asset for a trade though.

That would be a big mistake considering the increased penalties this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am 

bam morris wrote:
man..murray with strong game so far but that goal was weak..his glove hand! :roll:

Yeah, that's always going to be his achilles heel, it seems.

I had trouble handling that wrister from Ovie in the first that nearly led to a goal, too. I know Ovie has a helluva shot and all, but if you're an NHL goaltender and the puck hits the inside of your glove, it absolutely can't come back out.

I had hoped last year's problems were from a the rumored hand injury, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Still, though, the rest of his game is great enough that I'll take that one weakness.

Believe he broke his BLOCKER HAND in the World Cup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

fractalsteel wrote:

Hags has caused them all sorts of problem this game. Just been everywhere. Reminds me of why I laughed when some people claimed he's overpaid.

He might be our best asset for a trade though.

That would be a big mistake considering the increased penalties this year.[/quote]

This roster is far from set. There are holes on the fourth line and Sullivan has been hesitant to use that line much so far. McKegg, while a nice piece is not cutout for full time duty on the third line. Have to factor in that either Sid or Geno are going to miss time and you have to have someone who can take up the minutes. We don't know if McKegg can do so.

If you examine the roster for pieces to move you have to account for what they bring and what their salaries are. IMO Hagelin is the best piece to move. We know what he brings, we know what he can do but you have to remember that he isn't a youngster that has upside.
While a good player he is expandable more so than say Guentzel or Sheary. Plus Hagelin would bring more than Sheary could ever hope to.

The Pens will upgrade the center position eventually,when the buying price is in the range that Rutherford feels is right and one piece towards that will be Hagelin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
This roster is far from set. There are holes on the fourth line and Sullivan has been hesitant to use that line much so far. McKegg, while a nice piece is not cutout for full time duty on the third line. Have to factor in that either Sid or Geno are going to miss time and you have to have someone who can take up the minutes. We don't know if McKegg can do so.

If you examine the roster for pieces to move you have to account for what they bring and what their salaries are. IMO Hagelin is the best piece to move. We know what he brings, we know what he can do but you have to remember that he isn't a youngster that has upside.
While a good player he is expandable more so than say Guentzel or Sheary. Plus Hagelin would bring more than Sheary could ever hope to.

The Pens will upgrade the center position eventually,when the buying price is in the range that Rutherford feels is right and one piece towards that will be Hagelin.

Not necessarily....The Pens have about $2m in Cap space available. You can find a bottom 6 Center for right around that price without having to give up much salary (Kevin Hayes, Jay Beagle, that Latvian guy in Buffalo).

Although Hagelin's salary plus their available Cap space would be enough to sign Joe Pavelski or John Tavares (not that it will ever happen). If they give up Hagelin, they better get a stud in return.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 pm 

Pabst wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

Not necessarily....The Pens have about $2m in Cap space available. You can find a bottom 6 Center for right around that price without having to give up much salary (Kevin Hayes, Jay Beagle, that Latvian guy in Buffalo).

Although Hagelin's salary plus their available Cap space would be enough to sign Joe Pavelski or John Tavares (not that it will ever happen). If they give up Hagelin, they better get a stud in return.

That's it. I'm officially beating the drum for Hagelin, Jarry and a first for Tavares as our 3C. The STK Line (with no Sid The Kid required). Make it happen GMJR!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next