It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Rangers 10-17-17
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am 

I watched the game right up till we were down 4-3 with a few minutes left and we got another penalty.. I was like fuck it just not the pens night... went to bed and watched TV..
sounds like I turned it off about 4 minutes to early.. Damn...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 am 

Had trouble with streams, but saw Haglin's rifle shot to the corner of the net. Thought they had it in hand. Then I had more stream problems and let it go until the last 2-3 minutes of regulation. Thought for sure I was going to watch them lose.

Crosby is a freak, but hard to blame Shattenkirk. Who the fuck makes a backhand goal from behind the net while facing the boards?

Lundqvist was shocked. When asked what happened, he said after rambling about details : "Crosby" is what happened.

McDonagh fucked up big time in OT. Kessel and Malkin in your defensive zone and you play with the puck behind the net?

What a way to finish a game. And to do it in your opponent's house.

This is what makes hockey worth watching.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:08 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
McDonagh fucked up big time in OT. Kessel and Malkin in your defensive zone and you play with the puck behind the net?

He was staring at Zibanejad that whole sequence and was looking to bank a pass off the boards which would have given the Rags a 2-on-1 the other way. Never saw Phil standing in front of him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:22 am 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

He was staring at Zibanejad that whole sequence and was looking to bank a pass off the boards which would have given the Rags a 2-on-1 the other way. Never saw Phil standing in front of him.

Yep, which is hard to imagine. Someone not noticing Kessel standing in front of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Pretty sure fatigue had something to do with that too- they were just coming off an icing. Remember the new rule where you cannot call timeout after an icing...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:29 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Pretty sure fatigue had something to do with that too- they were just coming off an icing. Remember the new rule where you cannot call timeout after an icing...

I was listening to the game at that point, and don't think the Pens broadcast team was up to speed on the new rule. They were seeing how gassed the Rangers were and would likely call timeout after the icing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Had trouble with streams, but saw Haglin's rifle shot to the corner of the net. Thought they had it in hand. Then I had more stream problems and let it go until the last 2-3 minutes of regulation. Thought for sure I was going to watch them lose.

Crosby is a freak, but hard to blame Shattenkirk. Who the fuck makes a backhand goal from behind the net while facing the boards?

Lundqvist was shocked. When asked what happened, he said after rambling about details : "Crosby" is what happened.

What a way to finish a game. And to do it in your opponent's house.

This is what makes hockey worth watching.

Gretzky about a hundred times in his career. Lemieux as well. Both were masters of banking it off the tender.

It was a nice goal but the King blew it. He has to be aware that Crosby is there and even though he was limited to a back hand shot Lundqvist has to cover that side up ALWAYS.

The Rangers had to be thinking they had 2 points in hand so losing it the way they did must be disheartening.

One thing that is troubling about this team is that they have given up a lot of goals this season. Coming into the game last night the Rangers had struggled to score in any of their games. So them dropping 4 on us is concerning.

Thankfully Kessel and Malkin broke out finally. The last three goals went through them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm 

Agreed about our GAA right now, Fractal. Murray and Niemi have both played quite poor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 pm 

Anyone else catch the stat with the number of players with multipoint games vs the Rangers in their career?

Here's what it was, roughly:

Active players with most career multipoint games vs the Rangers:

Jagr: 29 (20 as a Penguin)
Crosby: 22
Geno: 13
Kessel : 11(6 as a Pen)
Kunitz: 7 (7 as a Pen)
Letang: 6
James Neal: 5 (all as a Pen)

The rest of the league: 2 other players at 5g

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:42 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Gretzky about a hundred times in his career. Lemieux as well. Both were masters of banking it off the tender.

It was a nice goal but the King blew it. He has to be aware that Crosby is there and even though he was limited to a back hand shot Lundqvist has to cover that side up ALWAYS.
I'll appropriate swiss's I don't know shit about hockey line, and haven't seen nearly as much hockey as you experts, but I've seen a number of those in the past few years. Guys were facing the net, with a clear shot to bounce off the goalie's back. One in particular that I found impressive was one that bounced off the boards behind the net, off the back of the goalie's helmet, and into the net. But that's rare. Crosby's blind shot was other worldly. But then again, Gretzky and Lemieux were other worldly as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next