It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Tough to legislate peoples' emotionality, Lit. Trump, much as I hate to give the douchebag credit for anything, knows he has a winning issue on this one. It's just what we do as Americans....anthem plays, we stand at attention.

None of these owners are going to bring this guy, risk further alienation of their fan base, their local law enforcement agencies, and ultimately, their business interests.

And the comparison to RR isn't one of relative outrage....it involved individual owners making the same business decision. They weren't bringing RR in either, due to effect it would have on their business.

Not making a point about political winners or losers, Swiss. And I am making the comparison about the levels of outrage to point out how stupid so many must be.

Of all the stuff there is to get worked up about, this what people go for?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Teams will sign players with baggage when the positive outweighs the negative. Kaepernick’s ratio of good to bad doesn’t come close to that point.
For all you numbers whores. Stats for three qb's through the first six years. All three are/were starters. Guess who is who.

242 sacks
81 interceptions
101 td
12 rush td
698 yards rushing
76.6 passer rating
19,302 total passing yards
2-0 SB appearances
10-4 playoffs

171 sacks
30 int
72 td
13 rush td
88.9 passer rate
12,271 total passing yards
0-1 SB appearance
4-2 playoffs

181 sacks
81 int
142 td
18 rush td
950 yards rushing
89.7 passer rating
22,214 total passing yards
0 SB appearances
0-4 playoff

Last edited by COR-TEN on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Tough to legislate peoples' emotionality, Lit. Trump, much as I hate to give the douchebag credit for anything, knows he has a winning issue on this one. It's just what we do as Americans....anthem plays, we stand at attention.

None of these owners are going to bring this guy, risk further alienation of their fan base, their local law enforcement agencies, and ultimately, their business interests.

And the comparison to RR isn't one of relative outrage....it involved individual owners making the same business decision. They weren't bringing RR in either, due to effect it would have on their business.

Not making a point about political winners or losers, Swiss. And I am making the comparison about the levels of outrage to point out how stupid so many must be.

You may consider it stupid, Lit, but it's very important to alot of people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

But it being very important to a lot of people does it make it not stupid to be more outraged by anthem-kneeling than domestic abuse or sexual violence, which is, I repeat, pervasive and ongoing. CK hurt people's feelings. Domestic abuse and sexual assault ruins lives. But by all means, let's get twice as worked up over CK.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

But it being very important to a lot of people does it make it not stupid to be more outraged by anthem-kneeling than domestic abuse or sexual violence, which is, I repeat, pervasive and ongoing. CK hurt people's feelings. Domestic abuse and sexual assault ruins lives. But by all means, let's get twice as worked up over CK.

You may consider it mumbo-jumbo, but I think there's a difference between deeply offending one's sensibilities vs. simply hurting their feelings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Teams will sign players with baggage when the positive outweighs the negative. Kaepernick’s ratio of good to bad doesn’t come close to that point.
For all you numbers whores. Stats for three qb's through the first six years. All three are/were starters. Guess who is who.

242 sacks
81 interceptions
101 td
12 rush td
698 yards rushing
76.6 passer rating
19,302 total passing yards
2-0 SB appearances
10-4 playoffs

171 sacks
30 int
72 td
13 rush td
88.9 passer rate
12,271 total passing yards
0-1 SB appearance
4-2 playoffs

181 sacks
81 int
142 td
18 rush td
950 yards rushing
89.7 passer rating
22,214 total passing yards
0 SB appearances
0-4 playoff

Eli
Kaep
???

Anyway, yeah, Kaep kicked ass in '13 '14, but after Harby left he dropped off the earth. Then he made his team and league into a divisive political spectacle and now nobody wants to deal with protesters outside their facilities and stadiums, along with fans boycotting. to summarize.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:56 am 

R S wrote:

Eli
Kaep
???

Anyway, yeah, Kaep kicked ass in '13 '14, but after Harby left he dropped off the earth. Then he made his team and league into a divisive political spectacle and now nobody wants to deal with protesters outside their facilities and stadiums, along with fans boycotting. to summarize.

Right. Who gives a shit about the last 6 years?

He's been mediocre for the last two, and while he was better before that, he still wasn't all that great.

If this had been Cam Newton or Tom Brady in the same situation, neither would have been unemployed at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:04 pm 

Cam Newton :

221 sacks
78 interceptions
136 td
48 rush td
3,566 yards rushing
86 passer rating
21,772 total passing yards
0-1 super bowls
3-3 playoff

I just think it's funny to call Kaep sackorpic, since his sacks and pics are the lowest among the four I listed. Those being

Ben Roethlisberger
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Cam Newton :

221 sacks
78 interceptions
136 td
48 rush td
3,566 yards rushing
86 passer rating
0-1 super bowls
3-3 playoff

I just think it's funny to call Kaep sackorpic, since his sacks and pics are the lowest among the four I listed. Those being

Ben Roethlisberger
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

Then take Cam out of the equation. I only inserted him in there because I figured if I only included white QB examples, you'd play the race card. But if you don't think he's any better than Kaepernick, then I'd say neither are good enough to warrant the headache.

NFL owner seem to agree with me. Twist it however you want.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:54 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Cam Newton :

221 sacks
78 interceptions
136 td
48 rush td
3,566 yards rushing
86 passer rating
0-1 super bowls
3-3 playoff

Ben Roethlisberger
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

Then take Cam out of the equation. I only inserted him in there because I figured if I only included white QB examples, you'd play the race card. But if you don't think he's any better than Kaepernick, then I'd say neither are good enough to warrant the headache.

NFL owner seem to agree with me. Twist it however you want.
Race card? Nope, but thanks for bringing up a completely irrelevant point and an assumption that merits a "fuck off."

I never said owners don't want what he brings with his protests, but it seems now they have a lot more active players kneeling. What does that say about them? Should those guys be fired as well? That's what dumpster wants. How are they any different than Kaep?

I just don't agree with the point that he doesn't have skills enough to warrant a roster spot, baggage and all. Jameis Winston has 2 rape allegations hanging over his head, nobody cared. So did Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez, and he's a lot worse than Kaepernick. I call it a double standard. The only reason Kaep is a headache is because the media makes it into one. Has since the start. Imagine if it was reported once, and then nobody cared and ignored him. Then what?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next