It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
COR-TEN wrote:
Race card? Nope, but thanks for bringing up a completely irrelevant point and an assumption that merits a "fuck off."

I never said owners don't want what he brings with his protests, but it seems now they have a lot more active players kneeling. What does that say about them? Should those guys be fired as well? That's what dumpster wants. How are they any different than Kaep?

I just don't agree with the point that he doesn't have skills enough to warrant a roster spot, baggage and all. Jameis Winston has 2 rape allegations hanging over his head, nobody cared. So did Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez, and he's a lot worse than Kaepernick. I call it a double standard. The only reason Kaep is a headache is because the media makes it into one. Has since the start. Imagine if it was reported once, and then nobody cared and ignored him. Then what?



You're right, no one does care about Jameis Winston's rape allegations. And that's why he's on a roster.

You're confusing what people SHOULD care about with what people DO care about it. I agree 100% that no one should give a shit about this flag stuff. But there's a ton of fans that do and the numbers are showing that many of them are actually following through on boycotting the league. In a perfect world, it'd be a non issue and owners wouldn't have to worry about it. But they do. And their reaction to it influences their bottom line, and that alone gives them the right to handle it just as they are.

Kaepernick is different from all the other players kneeling because he started it and, justifiably or not, he will always carry more baggage with him then those other players in the eyes of those who are against the kneeling. Signing Kaepernick has a much larger potential to affect a fan base than signing some other no name who just started kneeling two weeks ago.

It's not fair, it's not right, but it's still the reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Race card? Nope, but thanks for bringing up a completely irrelevant point and an assumption that merits a "fuck off."

I never said owners don't want what he brings with his protests, but it seems now they have a lot more active players kneeling. What does that say about them? Should those guys be fired as well? That's what dumpster wants. How are they any different than Kaep?

I just don't agree with the point that he doesn't have skills enough to warrant a roster spot, baggage and all. Jameis Winston has 2 rape allegations hanging over his head, nobody cared. So did Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez, and he's a lot worse than Kaepernick. I call it a double standard. The only reason Kaep is a headache is because the media makes it into one. Has since the start. Imagine if it was reported once, and then nobody cared and ignored him. Then what?



You're right, no one does care about Jameis Winston's rape allegations. And that's why he's on a roster.

You're confusing what people SHOULD care about with what people DO care about it. I agree 100% that no one should give a shit about this flag stuff. But there's a ton of fans that do and the numbers are showing that many of them are actually following through on boycotting the league. In a perfect world, it'd be a non issue and owners wouldn't have to worry about it. But they do. And their reaction to it influences their bottom line, and that alone gives them the right to handle it just as they are.

Kaepernick is different from all the other players kneeling because he started it and, justifiably or not, he will always carry more baggage with him then those other players in the eyes of those who are against the kneeling. Signing Kaepernick has a much larger potential to affect a fan base than signing some other no name who just started kneeling two weeks ago.

It's not fair, it's not right, but it's still the reality.
I'm not confusing anything. I know perfectly well why the situation is what it is. It's a double standard and has become politicized for partisan gain. Boycotting fans is overblown. Show me numbers that are solely attributed to the kneeling thing. I might actually change my mind, but ratings and numbers have been declining for a while, with at least five other factors.

Either way, the suggestion that Kaep doesn't have skills is just plain false. Period. He is as good if not better than a good portion of the starters in the league, and probably all of the backups. Judging his skill set is done through the fog of jingoistic patriotism. That is the reality. This is a free country. People and businesses can do whatever the fuck they want. But it still doesn't wash away the hypocrisy or misplaced priorities. All I can do is shrug my shoulders at the idiocy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
COR-TEN wrote:

I'm not confusing anything. I know perfectly well why the situation is what it is. It's a double standard and has become politicized for partisan gain. Boycotting fans is overblown. Show me numbers that are solely attributed to the kneeling thing. I might actually change my mind, but ratings and numbers have been declining for a while, with at least five other factors.

Either way, the suggestion that Kaep doesn't have skills is just plain false. Period. He is as good if not better than a good portion of the starters in the league, and probably all of the backups. Judging his skill set is done through the fog of jingoistic patriotism. That is the reality. This is a free country. People and businesses can do whatever the fuck they want. But it still doesn't wash away the hypocrisy or misplaced priorities. All I can do is shrug my shoulders at the idiocy.


You don't need numbers. You need common sense.

I'll simplify it for you:

Would signing Kaepernick outrage a significant portion of the fanbase of any team that would sign him? Yes.

Would not signing Kaepernick outrage a significant portion of the same team's fanbase? I'm sure there's pockets of fans pushing for their team to sign him, but the reality is that there's 32 teams in the league, and being angry at any of them for not signing him is a lot harder to do.

Is outraging your customers ever a good business decision, whether they actually stop watching or not? No.

Based on that, the answer is pretty damn clear if I'm running an NFL team.

And I'm not arguing he doesn't have skills. I do think he's better than at least some, hell maybe even half, of the starters in the league. I'm arguing he's not good ENOUGH to warrant a move that could outrage a significant portion of the fanbase.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5880
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Race card? Nope, but thanks for bringing up a completely irrelevant point and an assumption that merits a "fuck off."

I never said owners don't want what he brings with his protests, but it seems now they have a lot more active players kneeling. What does that say about them? Should those guys be fired as well? That's what dumpster wants. How are they any different than Kaep?

I just don't agree with the point that he doesn't have skills enough to warrant a roster spot, baggage and all. Jameis Winston has 2 rape allegations hanging over his head, nobody cared. So did Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez, and he's a lot worse than Kaepernick. I call it a double standard. The only reason Kaep is a headache is because the media makes it into one. Has since the start. Imagine if it was reported once, and then nobody cared and ignored him. Then what?



You're right, no one does care about Jameis Winston's rape allegations. And that's why he's on a roster.

You're confusing what people SHOULD care about with what people DO care about it. I agree 100% that no one should give a shit about this flag stuff. But there's a ton of fans that do and the numbers are showing that many of them are actually following through on boycotting the league. In a perfect world, it'd be a non issue and owners wouldn't have to worry about it. But they do. And their reaction to it influences their bottom line, and that alone gives them the right to handle it just as they are.

Kaepernick is different from all the other players kneeling because he started it and, justifiably or not, he will always carry more baggage with him then those other players in the eyes of those who are against the kneeling. Signing Kaepernick has a much larger potential to affect a fan base than signing some other no name who just started kneeling two weeks ago.

It's not fair, it's not right, but it's still the reality.



It actually IS fair. He's also the guy wearing the Cops are Pigs socks, so any owner bringing his ass into their city damn well knows there will be a reaction from local police departments as well.

Business decision.....we've already entered Ray Rice & Cedric Wilson into the convo.

Jamis Winston? His talent level made the reward worth the risk.

I still think it's funny that some on this esteemed website will sit in judgement on topics worthy of generating one's ire. T


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

You don't need numbers. You need common sense.

I'll simplify it for you:
No need. But if it feels good to lecture, go ahead. I understand completely how business works, thanks very much. But please. Go ahead and simplify and explain all you want. I won't be reading.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
swissvale72 wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Race card? Nope, but thanks for bringing up a completely irrelevant point and an assumption that merits a "fuck off."

I never said owners don't want what he brings with his protests, but it seems now they have a lot more active players kneeling. What does that say about them? Should those guys be fired as well? That's what dumpster wants. How are they any different than Kaep?

I just don't agree with the point that he doesn't have skills enough to warrant a roster spot, baggage and all. Jameis Winston has 2 rape allegations hanging over his head, nobody cared. So did Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez, and he's a lot worse than Kaepernick. I call it a double standard. The only reason Kaep is a headache is because the media makes it into one. Has since the start. Imagine if it was reported once, and then nobody cared and ignored him. Then what?



You're right, no one does care about Jameis Winston's rape allegations. And that's why he's on a roster.

You're confusing what people SHOULD care about with what people DO care about it. I agree 100% that no one should give a shit about this flag stuff. But there's a ton of fans that do and the numbers are showing that many of them are actually following through on boycotting the league. In a perfect world, it'd be a non issue and owners wouldn't have to worry about it. But they do. And their reaction to it influences their bottom line, and that alone gives them the right to handle it just as they are.

Kaepernick is different from all the other players kneeling because he started it and, justifiably or not, he will always carry more baggage with him then those other players in the eyes of those who are against the kneeling. Signing Kaepernick has a much larger potential to affect a fan base than signing some other no name who just started kneeling two weeks ago.

It's not fair, it's not right, but it's still the reality.



It actually IS fair. He's also the guy wearing the Cops are Pigs socks, so any owner bringing his ass into their city damn well knows there will be a reaction from local police departments as well.

Business decision.....we've already entered Ray Rice & Cedric Wilson into the convo.

Jamis Winston? His talent level made the reward worth the risk.

I still think it's funny that some on this esteemed website will sit in judgement on topics worthy of generating one's ire. T
That's right. Some people have their priorities all fucked up. I agree.

Imagine if the Winston allegations were spread all over the media 24/7. Women's rights activists were all over it, making sure it was on the news every day before the draft. Then after the draft, and every day during camp. Asking him questions about how he abused and raped women.

Harvey Weinstein was a force in movie making. They let him abuse and do whatever the fuck he wanted because the reward outweighed the risk. He made billions for production companies. And made good movies. Yet here we are. Bringing him down like a gazelle under attack by 20 lions. Double standards I tell you, double standards.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5880
Where's the double standard. Anyone who's a fuckin' pariah and bad for a private employer's business is not going to get hired by that employer. That goes for anyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
COR-TEN wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

You don't need numbers. You need common sense.

I'll simplify it for you:
No need. But if it feels good to lecture, go ahead. I understand completely how business works, thanks very much. But please. Go ahead and simplify and explain all you want. I won't be reading.


You obviously don't understand if you still think Kaepernick should be employed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
swissvale72 wrote:
Where's the double standard. Anyone who's a fuckin' pariah and bad for a private employer's business is not going to get hired by that employer. That goes for anyone.


Exactly. Value is determined by the employer. Teams obviously think Kaepernick could negatively affect their earning power, hence, they don't think he has value and is currently unemployed.

Simple concept.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3346
Quote:
Simple concept


It’s only a simple concept to those that understand how real people that have to sign real checks make decisions.

Those who believe everyone is “entitled” to something just can’t comprehend why a person that runs a real business might shy away from paying CK some of their money.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group