It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to post a picture on my cell
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:39 pm 

Ok tried to add a picture from my phone. No luck what am I doing wrong

Post subject: Re: How to post a picture on my cell
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm 

you have to upload the picture on a site like flickr and then copy and past the jpg address. You can't just upload a photo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:41 pm 

Speaking of which, I don't know who runs the site, but have they ever discussed upgrading the forums software? There's some good stuff out there these days with a ton of features.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:32 pm 

And who's going to pay for the web hosting of such wonderful features? And the time and effort it takes to implement, trouble shoot, and maintain? It's all about the money, people. Easy decision.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
And who's going to pay for the web hosting of such wonderful features? And the time and effort it takes to implement, trouble shoot, and maintain? It's all about the money, people. Easy decision.

Well, this site is already presumably hosted somewhere, unless it's running on fairy dust and unicorn piss. A newer site could potentially have some other server requirements than this one has, sure. But it's not that big a deal. There's a million hosting services out there that I'm sure could handle it at a pretty fair cost. If there is a cost discrepency, I'm sure a yearly donation drive would more than cover it (I've been on several other fan sites who do this, and they easily raise enough to cover their hosting costs).

Time wise, again, this site is already hosted somewhere, so maintenance is already happening. The setup would surely be a pain, particularly if we cared about migrating all the old posts, but I'm personally a software engineer would be willing to help with it. I know there's other nerds here as well that'd surely be willing to pitch in.

There's also forum services that will do all the hosting and work for you. At an increased cost, sure, but again, I have no doubt people would pitch in to cover that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 am 

COR-TEN wrote:

It should be FREE!