It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:41 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5876
Jeemie wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Penn State lost the game when they decided to do the equivalent of take 6 kneels in the two drives leading up to the OSU game-winning TD.

First and goal and they run 2 QB keepers and then a RB rush. They then decided to just give up on the next drive after losing 7 yards on first down.


They did the exact same thing in the Rose Bowl last year.

Franklin never learns.

His defense was gassed...Barrett was throwing some incredible throws.

And that’s what he decided to do on offense.

Now to be fair, they lost their starting left tackle, and Bosa abused the shit out of the backup LT.

But Franklin didn’t even try and salt this game away.

Didn’t even try.


WAS just like the Rose Bowl, wasn't it? I forgot those exact details, but didn't Franklin kick a FG on about a half yard to go inside the 5? Yeah, he might as well have taken 3 knees with first down on the OSU 7, like any 2 score lead was okay. They certainly could have come up with something better on 3rd & 4th down.

I wish Mike Sullivan could coach every team I root for.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2047
swissvale72 wrote:
I wish Mike Sullivan could coach every team I root for.


Did you see the game against Winnipeg the other night? Sullivan masterfully mixed his lines moving pieces up and down until he got the flow he wanted from the team.
It was one hell of a game by Sully there.

Aside from all the bellyaching about being out of the playoffs, PSU is still in the hunt. Now they need help.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 685
Best game I've ever seen Barrett play and it's not close.
Ohio st dline won that game.
Both Meyer and Franklin overrated coaches
Go Buckeyes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5876
fractalsteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I wish Mike Sullivan could coach every team I root for.


Did you see the game against Winnipeg the other night? Sullivan masterfully mixed his lines moving pieces up and down until he got the flow he wanted from the team.
It was one hell of a game by Sully there.

Aside from all the bellyaching about being out of the playoffs, PSU is still in the hunt. Now they need help.


I'll go back to my I Don't Know Shit About Hockey refrain, Frac. I got home from work late the other night, then NHL.TV was on the blink, so it was a couple minutes into the 3rd when I started watching. Honestly, I don't notice the mixing of lines unless it's pointed out to me at the time. I DO know though, that everything Sullivan does, every decision he makes, turns out to be the right move. It's remarkable.

As for Penn State....guess they'll need Michigan to beat Ohio State, right, to have any shot at the championship game?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2047
swissvale72 wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I wish Mike Sullivan could coach every team I root for.


Did you see the game against Winnipeg the other night? Sullivan masterfully mixed his lines moving pieces up and down until he got the flow he wanted from the team.
It was one hell of a game by Sully there.

Aside from all the bellyaching about being out of the playoffs, PSU is still in the hunt. Now they need help.


I'll go back to my I Don't Know Shit About Hockey refrain, Frac. I got home from work late the other night, then NHL.TV was on the blink, so it was a couple minutes into the 3rd when I started watching. Honestly, I don't notice the mixing of lines unless it's pointed out to me at the time. I DO know though, that everything Sullivan does, every decision he makes, turns out to be the right move. It's remarkable.

As for Penn State....guess they'll need Michigan to beat Ohio State, right, to have any shot at the championship game?


Funny thing about Sullivan, IMO he might only be a good coach or adequate on another team even one with the Pens talent. I just think this squad is the type of team he understood as soon as he saw them for a small bit. Then he implemented his system and made them work it properly. Of course up-tempo fits the template for this team.

Yeah time to be a Michigan fan on 11-25 -17. There are so many big games left that if PSU runs the table they should get in.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20208
Yes I’m hoping for the reverse of last year. Penn State runs its remaining games and someone knocks off OSU, Who then knocks off Wisconsin.

Penn State makes the playoff despite OSU winning the Big Ten.

They can’t say it’s never been done before...

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3547
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Go Bucks! Game for the ages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:59 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5876
Jeemie wrote:
Yes I’m hoping for the reverse of last year. Penn State runs its remaining games and someone knocks off OSU, Who then knocks off Wisconsin.

Penn State makes the playoff despite OSU winning the Big Ten.

They can’t say it’s never been done before...


I'm thinking Fuckeyes would need to lose to BOTH Michigan & Michigan State (...who knows, maybe Iowa...Cockeyes beat the Buckeyes IN Iowa next Saturday?) in order for Penn State to get into the playoffs.

Nope...whole game yesterday, we knew OSU was dominating and just hoping Penn State could hang on. Even though, Franklin erred big-time by playing it way too safe with 1st down on the 7 yesterday...with an 11-point lead and 5:42 remaining, I was feeling good that Penn State had that game. Didn't expect the defense to allow a pair of drives, one 76 yards, the other 58.....both so easily...both in 5 plays. THEN...really thought that with the excellent field position following the Fuckeyes go-ahead TD that Penn State would move the ball 40 yards, kick the game-winner. Both offense and DEFENSE fell apart in final two series each.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20208
swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Yes I’m hoping for the reverse of last year. Penn State runs its remaining games and someone knocks off OSU, Who then knocks off Wisconsin.

Penn State makes the playoff despite OSU winning the Big Ten.

They can’t say it’s never been done before...


I'm thinking Fuckeyes would need to lose to BOTH Michigan & Michigan State (...who knows, maybe Iowa...Cockeyes beat the Buckeyes IN Iowa next Saturday?) in order for Penn State to get into the playoffs.

Nope...whole game yesterday, we knew OSU was dominating and just hoping Penn State could hang on. Even though, Franklin erred big-time by playing it way too safe with 1st down on the 7 yesterday...with an 11-point lead and 5:42 remaining, I was feeling good that Penn State had that game. Didn't expect the defense to allow a pair of drives, one 76 yards, the other 58.....both so easily...both in 5 plays. THEN...really thought that with the excellent field position following the Fuckeyes go-ahead TD that Penn State would move the ball 40 yards, kick the game-winner. Both offense and DEFENSE fell apart in final two series each.


The LT going out really hurt the Lions. Surprised none of the announcers mentioned it.

I don’t know who #71 (the backup LT) was, but he was allowing heat in the backfield on almost every single play.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nittany Lions-Fuckeyes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:54 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5876
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Yes I’m hoping for the reverse of last year. Penn State runs its remaining games and someone knocks off OSU, Who then knocks off Wisconsin.

Penn State makes the playoff despite OSU winning the Big Ten.

They can’t say it’s never been done before...


I'm thinking Fuckeyes would need to lose to BOTH Michigan & Michigan State (...who knows, maybe Iowa...Cockeyes beat the Buckeyes IN Iowa next Saturday?) in order for Penn State to get into the playoffs.

Nope...whole game yesterday, we knew OSU was dominating and just hoping Penn State could hang on. Even though, Franklin erred big-time by playing it way too safe with 1st down on the 7 yesterday...with an 11-point lead and 5:42 remaining, I was feeling good that Penn State had that game. Didn't expect the defense to allow a pair of drives, one 76 yards, the other 58.....both so easily...both in 5 plays. THEN...really thought that with the excellent field position following the Fuckeyes go-ahead TD that Penn State would move the ball 40 yards, kick the game-winner. Both offense and DEFENSE fell apart in final two series each.


The LT going out really hurt the Lions. Surprised none of the announcers mentioned it.

I don’t know who #71 (the backup LT) was, but he was allowing heat in the backfield on almost every single play.


Yeah....that guy was freakin' awful. Don't know that I've ever seen a game quite like that where the team up by two scores was being so decidedly dominated on both sides of the LOS.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group