It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season #8: Steelers @ Lions Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:40 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
I thought there were a few throws Ben would want back. I think everyone is singing a different tune if Eli doesn't drop a wide-open TD and Brown isn't called for a ticky tack OPI. Ben's stat sheet at least would've looked good... The miss to DHB was inexcusable though... Really an awful play.

I don't think so. I do not think Ben is the only problem on offense. But he is clearly playing like a regressed player to my eyes; regressed relative to his historical self. What looks like Ben hate on my part is me pushing back on arguments that seek to absolve Ben of all blame or that tell that Ben is actually playing quite well and is just surrounded by shit, which just miserably fails the eye test.

Ben has not suddenly turned into a bottom feeder, but he's playing at the top of the middle pack right now. Dude is not playing great and not even sniffing elite.

Many of you have not moved forward from the Jaguar embarrassment. I've taken keen notice. The deplorable taste of the five pick unraveling has permeated this board, and there is no turning back, no resolution. Now, every one of Ben's passes are under a hyperbolic microscope. It's a shame.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:48 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
I thought there were a few throws Ben would want back. I think everyone is singing a different tune if Eli doesn't drop a wide-open TD and Brown isn't called for a ticky tack OPI. Ben's stat sheet at least would've looked good... The miss to DHB was inexcusable though... Really an awful play.

I don't think so. I do not think Ben is the only problem on offense. But he is clearly playing like a regressed player to my eyes; regressed relative to his historical self. What looks like Ben hate on my part is me pushing back on arguments that seek to absolve Ben of all blame or that tell that Ben is actually playing quite well and is just surrounded by shit, which just miserably fails the eye test.

Ben has not suddenly turned into a bottom feeder, but he's playing at the top of the middle pack right now. Dude is not playing great and not even sniffing elite.

Well...no one would've shat on a 300 yard 3 TD, 1 INT performance. That easily could've happened. And it wasn't all (perhaps even mostly) Ben's fault as to why it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:53 am 

Stillchest wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

Many of you have not moved forward from the Jaguar embarrassment. I've taken keen notice. The deplorable taste of the five pick unraveling has permeated this board, and there is no turning back, no resolution. Now, every one of Ben's passes are under a hyperbolic microscope. It's a shame.

His game vs Jaguars wasn't even that bad, other than outcomes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118