It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pats deal Jimmy G.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 pm 

To '69ers for a #2.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... h-patriots

Post subject: Re: Pats deal Jimmy G.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:51 pm 

Thought they could have had more before the season.

I'm not sure I understand this move, unless they have another move in the pipeline.

1. Brady is 40.

2. Age is a cliff, not a hill (see: Manning, Favre, Young)

3. Father time is undefeated.

I'd look for Pats to make a big trade before the deadline to try and snag one more SB before Brady and BB hang 'em up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:02 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this move

Easy. NE system is just completely different. Garrapolo will be a flop, and NE will use the R2 pick to make their team better.

And when Brady finally retires, they'll grab some mid-round guy their system will turn into a top-10 QB.

Or Belicheat retires with Brady, in which case that system and Ernie Adams are gone....in that scenario, Garrapolo is the scrub he is, even for NE, so instead they get an R2 pick for a guy not nearly worth that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

Easy. NE system is just completely different. Garrapolo will be a flop, and NE will use the R2 pick to make their team better.

And when Brady finally retires, they'll grab some mid-round guy their system will turn into a top-10 QB.

Or Belicheat retires with Brady, in which case that system and Ernie Adams are gone....in that scenario, Garrapolo is the scrub he is, even for NE, so instead they get an R2 pick for a guy not nearly worth that.

So, in other words, the 9ers are idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:

I don't see it. NE has a good system, but it still takes a very smart, accurate, patient QB to make work.

Their system works to turn WRs into stars. I don't think the same can be said about QBs.

The Pats have essentially bet the next five years of the franchise on 1) Brady defying age or 2) being able to find a QB replacement immediately when Brady hits the age cliff next year or the following. Jimmy G would have at least been a decent stop gap. Or, if it was a contract issue, keep Brissett. To trade both seems silly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:13 am 

Ajayi to Iggles for a 4th rounder.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 am 

Ice wrote:

Yeah, I read that this morning.

Ugggh! I absolutely, despise Eagles fans and they're becoming incessantly annoying, with their "SB front runners/Wentz is ELITE" talk.

Ajayi gives them another serious piece to the offense, but I still think Wentz and their D are suspect vs better teams.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:26 am 

Stillchest wrote:
Ice wrote:

Yeah, I read that this morning.

Ugggh! I absolutely, despise Eagles fans and they're becoming incessantly annoying, with their "SB front runners/Wentz is ELITE" talk.

Ajayi gives them another serious piece to the offense, but I still think Wentz and their D are suspect vs better teams.

Back when I lived in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area after it became a "Ravens zone," and I had to travel to seek out games while Iggles fans watched comfortably from home, I developed some dislike for the Boids. I've found there's a bunch that are good fun to watch a game with, and really know their football. If I had a complaint, it's that, like the ignored little brother in the family, there's a subsection of their fandom that constantly needs to compare themselves and their merits relative to their counterparts on the western side of the state.

They certainly beat Flyers fans, who have no redeeming characteristics whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:54 am 

"Back when I lived in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area after it became a "Ravens zone," and I had to travel to seek out games while Iggles fans watched comfortably from home, I developed some dislike for the Boids. I've found there's a bunch that are good fun to watch a game with, and really know their football. If I had a complaint, it's that, like the ignored little brother in the family, there's a subsection of their fandom that constantly needs to compare themselves and their merits relative to their counterparts on the western side of the state."

"They certainly beat Flyers fans, who have no redeeming characteristics whatsoever."

Really?! Compare merits, you say??

That sounds like some comedic gold!

I mean, there is nothing to compare merit-wise. The Eagles have never won anything worth noting, while the Steelers have won everything worth noting.

Perhaps the Eagles fandom would have more enjoyment comparing merits with the Redskins....nope...they've won championships?! The Cowboys...nope....Giants...nuh-uh!

That's too bad. Sort of an insufferable bunch, aren't they?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:13 pm 

Most of the merits I'm talking about occur during real-time, as the season is progressing, obviously.