It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1245
The Bengals should be pissed off. There should be repercussions for something like this. Cincy deserves to be compensated for gettting screwed out of these picks. I think getting to play the Browns twice a year forever would be a fair award for damages.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3144
SteelPro wrote:
The Bengals should be pissed off. There should be repercussions for something like this. Cincy deserves to be compensated for gettting screwed out of these picks. I think getting to play the Browns twice a year forever would be a fair award for damages.


Sounds like it was the Bengals that messed up by not sending the signed doc to the NFL in time.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10481
Lynch wrote:
Fuck, it really has gotten to the point with me, I just feel sorry for the fans. Imagine get togethers with friends to watch games. What a fuckin downer man. Every fuckin Sunday, every fuckin year.

pirates should be Cleveland pirates!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 229
jebrick wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
The Bengals should be pissed off. There should be repercussions for something like this. Cincy deserves to be compensated for gettting screwed out of these picks. I think getting to play the Browns twice a year forever would be a fair award for damages.


Sounds like it was the Bengals that messed up by not sending the signed doc to the NFL in time.

Isn't that what the Browns are saying? Which doesn't go along with how trades are handled in any league. Teams don't exchange signed documents, they contact the league individually.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am
Posts: 204
Jeez that franchise is such a mess. Sucks Joe Thomas wasted his career there.

_________________
"Split your line up like James Farrior..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 145
Poltargyst wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Kevin Costner would have successfully consummated the deal

Yes, and we're not talking about Kevin Costner's character here. Literally Kevin Costner the actor himself could run the Browns better.

I'm sure Kevin Costner's experience pretending to be a GM for the movie gives him better experience and insights than these clowns.

Holy crap, how do you forget to complete a trade??????


Hell, Jennifer Garner could have consummated this deal better than the Browns front office.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1685
Apparently the Browns were offering a 2nd & 3rd for McCarron. I'd like to think someone in their front office realized how dumb this trade was and "forgot" to submit the paperwork.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6769
Rocky Mtn Stiller wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Kevin Costner would have successfully consummated the deal

Yes, and we're not talking about Kevin Costner's character here. Literally Kevin Costner the actor himself could run the Browns better.

I'm sure Kevin Costner's experience pretending to be a GM for the movie gives him better experience and insights than these clowns.

Holy crap, how do you forget to complete a trade??????


Hell, Jennifer Garner could have consummated this deal better than the Browns front office.


Liked her small part in Catch Me If You Can as the hot lady of the evening.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1685
Too fun not to pile on...

http://www.wkyc.com/sports/nfl/browns/report-cleveland-browns-coaching-staff-upset-with-front-office-over-not-acquiring-jimmy-garoppolo/487527221
Quote:
The Cleveland Browns' front office learned from an "irate" Browns coaching staff that the San Francisco 49ers had acquired quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo from the New England Patriots....Citing sources, Allbright said the Cleveland coaching staff was still at Browns headquarters in Berea when the deal went down around 8 p.m., while members of the front office had previously left at 5 p.m. According to both Allbright and NFL.com's Michael Silver, Cleveland head coach Hue Jackson coveted Garoppolo, who the 49ers acquired in exchange for a second-round pick.

The idea of a rift between the Browns coaches and front office was only furthered when Jackson's daughter, Baylee, responded to one of Silver's tweets by saying "can't land a player if you're not on the phones" and "I'm gonna start wrecking all these idiot theories real soon."

In January, CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora reported that Jackson was pushing for a new general manager to join a regime currently led by VP of Football Operations Sashi Brown and Chief Strategy Officer Paul Depodesta.
Jackson's reported request was denied and the drama has only continued since. In September, LaCanfora reported Jackson was "irate" with the Browns' decision to release veteran cornerback Joe Haden.


Call it a hunch, but I don't think Hue Jackson will be back next year. Which leads me to this article:

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/11/01/failed-trade-with-bengals-confirms-browns-dysfunction-change-now-is-inevitable/
Quote:
The problem the Haslams face now when it comes to making more changes is this: over the course of the last 5 years they have burned bridges, alienated executives and coaches across the league while unintentionally doing irreparable harm to their own franchise.

76 Lou Groza Blvd. is the NFL’s version of Chernobyl.

Once again the Browns have to wipe the mud off their face and frantically search for more lipstick to slap on the pig, but they’re just wasting time and energy.

Forget cracks in the foundation, once again the organization is caving in from within.

If you have any doubts about the veracity of that, just look to Tuesday.


Honestly, who in their right mind would take a job with this dumpster fire of a franchise? Haslam would be better off selling the team at this point.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6769
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Never ever gets old

Love this guy

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
Pabst wrote:
Apparently the Browns were offering a 2nd & 3rd for McCarron. I'd like to think someone in their front office realized how dumb this trade was and "forgot" to submit the paperwork.


Even funnier that SF got Garrapalo for only an R2 (though I think he's only marginally better than McCarron).

But the most absurd thing about all this is CLE has a ton of cap space - why would an 0-8 team be trading draft picks for unproven back-ups when Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are FA's this year?

The utter stupidity of all this, layered with extreme incompetence, is literally unbelievable.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2132
Cursed ?
Browns fans should Ben pleased as punch that stupid deal didnt get done
I think God felt pity and stepped in


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1685
Kodiak wrote:
But the most absurd thing about all this is CLE has a ton of cap space - why would an 0-8 team be trading draft picks for unproven back-ups when Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are FA's this year?

Because no QB in his right mind would go to Cleveland unless he's forced to? Also, the coaching staff and FO are desperate for something that will save their jobs.

Honestly, though - The Redskins, Jets, and Broncos are all likely to be in the market for a new QB next year. The Saints and Cardinals could potentially be looking for a new one as well. Every single one of those options would be better than the Browns.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
Pabst wrote:
Because no QB in his right mind would go to Cleveland unless he's forced to?


Good point


Pabst wrote:
Also, the coaching staff and FO are desperate for something that will save their jobs.


An even better point.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
It's even more powder keg:
Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports Browns co-owner Dee Haslam went "nuclear" on the team's front office after it nixed Tuesday's failed A.J. McCarron trade.
Based on a collection of national and local reports on the topic, it appears as if Browns ownership has taken the side of Hue Jackson over the front office. Jackson spent time with McCarron in Cincinnati and was the driving force behind Tuesday's trade talks. Multiple reports also indicate the front office -- known to be at odds with Jackson -- was the driving force behind the trade not going through. Ownership will ultimately decide the front office's fate. At present, it's not looking good for Sashi Brown, Paul DePodesta, and company. Jackson appears to have won the power struggle, for better or (more likely) worse.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3144
BethlehemSteel wrote:
It's even more powder keg:
Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports Browns co-owner Dee Haslam went "nuclear" on the team's front office after it nixed Tuesday's failed A.J. McCarron trade.
Based on a collection of national and local reports on the topic, it appears as if Browns ownership has taken the side of Hue Jackson over the front office. Jackson spent time with McCarron in Cincinnati and was the driving force behind Tuesday's trade talks. Multiple reports also indicate the front office -- known to be at odds with Jackson -- was the driving force behind the trade not going through. Ownership will ultimately decide the front office's fate. At present, it's not looking good for Sashi Brown, Paul DePodesta, and company. Jackson appears to have won the power struggle, for better or (more likely) worse.


That says that Haslam has taken Hue's side and the FO sabotaged the trade. The moneyball people should be nervous.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6769
https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Board/1053 ... -109804568

I agree w these sad Clowns fans, Darnolld not worthy of 1st pick...but still funny

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 754
BarryFoster wrote:
https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Board/105323/Contents/Darnold-might-stay-if-Browns-pick-1-109804568

I agree w these sad Clowns fans, Darnolld not worthy of 1st pick...but still funny


I feel bad for those fans. What a dumpster fire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2223
Pabst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
But the most absurd thing about all this is CLE has a ton of cap space - why would an 0-8 team be trading draft picks for unproven back-ups when Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are FA's this year?

Because no QB in his right mind would go to Cleveland unless he's forced to? Also, the coaching staff and FO are desperate for something that will save their jobs.

Honestly, though - The Redskins, Jets, and Broncos are all likely to be in the market for a new QB next year. The Saints and Cardinals could potentially be looking for a new one as well. Every single one of those options would be better than the Browns.


On the other hand, the Browns could structure the deal so that a lot of the money comes in the first year (so they can use a lot of the cap space) and then not have a huge contract on their books. Add in all of the picks the browns have a decent coach and front office would make that team great. Not sure about he front office but Hue Jackson is a terrible coach.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1685
Zeke5123 wrote:
On the other hand, the Browns could structure the deal so that a lot of the money comes in the first year (so they can use a lot of the cap space) and then not have a huge contract on their books. Add in all of the picks the browns have a decent coach and front office would make that team great. Not sure about he front office but Hue Jackson is a terrible coach.

In less than 2 seasons, this front office:
- Passed on Carson Wentz, stating he would not be a top-20 QB in the NFL
- Passed on Deshaun Watson in the next draft, despite desperately needing a QB
- Released Taylor Gabriel, despite having no WR depth
- Signed Kenny Britt to a 4yr/ $32m contract
- Traded for Brock Osweiler...and cut him preseason
- Released Joe Haden without informing their coach, and he is now having a bounce-back season with a division rival
- Botched a trade for AJ McCarron

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1747
Pabst wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
On the other hand, the Browns could structure the deal so that a lot of the money comes in the first year (so they can use a lot of the cap space) and then not have a huge contract on their books. Add in all of the picks the browns have a decent coach and front office would make that team great. Not sure about he front office but Hue Jackson is a terrible coach.

In less than 2 seasons, this front office:
- Passed on Carson Wentz, stating he would not be a top-20 QB in the NFL
- Passed on Deshaun Watson in the next draft, despite desperately needing a QB
- Released Taylor Gabriel, despite having no WR depth
- Signed Kenny Britt to a 4yr/ $32m contract
- Traded for Brock Osweiler...and cut him preseason
- Released Joe Haden without informing their coach, and he is now having a bounce-back season with a division rival
- Botched a trade for AJ McCarron


To be fair, the Browns essentially took Osweiler from the Texans for no other reason than because the Texans gave them a 2nd rounder to take Osweiler's contract off their books. That was actually a fairly savvy move, considering the cap room they had/have. They now have 5 picks in the top 2 rounds for 2018.

The rest though...yeah, total train wreck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2223
Pabst wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
On the other hand, the Browns could structure the deal so that a lot of the money comes in the first year (so they can use a lot of the cap space) and then not have a huge contract on their books. Add in all of the picks the browns have a decent coach and front office would make that team great. Not sure about he front office but Hue Jackson is a terrible coach.

In less than 2 seasons, this front office:
- Passed on Carson Wentz, stating he would not be a top-20 QB in the NFL
- Passed on Deshaun Watson in the next draft, despite desperately needing a QB
- Released Taylor Gabriel, despite having no WR depth
- Signed Kenny Britt to a 4yr/ $32m contract
- Traded for Brock Osweiler...and cut him preseason
- Released Joe Haden without informing their coach, and he is now having a bounce-back season with a division rival
- Botched a trade for AJ McCarron


It seems like they intentionally botched the trade. It was a bad deal for Cleveland so if intentional that’s good hustle. I get it with Watson, but they got a shit ton for Wentz who lets face it was a huge boom bust prospect given level of competition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
To be fair, the Browns essentially took Osweiler from the Texans for no other reason than because the Texans gave them a 2nd rounder to take Osweiler's contract off their books. That was actually a fairly savvy move, considering the cap room they had/have. They now have 5 picks in the top 2 rounds for 2018.


Yes, THAT was a brilliant move essentially using cap to buy an R2.

But turning around and trying to move that and an R3 for McCarron is why CLE keeps stepping on their dick despite having all these draft picks.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1685
This week marks the 6 year anniversary of this video.....and things have actually gotten worse :shock:


_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hope this is true / McCarron
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6769
Pabst wrote:
This week marks the 6 year anniversary of this video.....and things have actually gotten worse :shock:



Love Mike Polk

Factory of Sadness

Classic

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jewelsongs, Joey's Pitbull and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group