It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
Ice wrote:
Strongside in a 43, I could probably see it.

Still hasn't gotten a free agent look.

He can't cover a TE in man, though. I think he's an above average Will for a team that plays C2.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4695
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Interesting thought. I'm not sure about his footspeed for the weakside, but you're right he was better covering closer to the line. Also a lack of footspeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
Ice wrote:
Interesting thought. I'm not sure about his footspeed for the weakside, but you're right he was better covering closer to the line. Also a lack of footspeed.

Truth be told, he has limitations at either lol. However I think he made all of his significant plays when lined up off ball.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9097
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
Interesting thought. I'm not sure about his footspeed for the weakside, but you're right he was better covering closer to the line. Also a lack of footspeed.

Truth be told, he has limitations at either lol. However I think he made all of his significant plays when lined up off ball.




All 5 of them ?? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5415
Remaining schedule.
May have gotten a little easier.
Reports that Watson may have torn ACL in practice

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6763
Not being embarrassed by NE would be nice

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
Interesting thought. I'm not sure about his footspeed for the weakside, but you're right he was better covering closer to the line. Also a lack of footspeed.

Truth be told, he has limitations at either lol. However I think he made all of his significant plays when lined up off ball.




All 5 of them ?? :lol:

:lol:

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 339
Chefs losing to Cowboys could turn out to be huge. That was one of their more difficult remaining games. The way things are shaping up, I think the NE game decides home field throughout. Given the ups and downs throughout the conference, I think 12-4 and a victory over NE might be enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 673
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Chefs losing to Cowboys could turn out to be huge. That was one of their more difficult remaining games. The way things are shaping up, I think the NE game decides home field throughout. Given the ups and downs throughout the conference, I think 12-4 and a victory over NE might be enough.


I agree.

If the Steelers become more consistent offensively, home field throughout is a strong possibility. If not, I see them no better than a 3 seed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11331
I'm not sure KC will only lose 1 more time....but, it does shape-up for a 3-way tie at 12-4 if PIT loses to NE....I think each would have 2 AFC losses, then it probably goes to strength of victory (where PIT probably comes up short).

Basically, in the event PIT loses to NE, KC winning today and finishing at 12-4 would probable mean they get eliminated on the conference tie-breaker. But, as mentioned, that would probably be moot.

So, really, KC losing today probably means bubkiss. It could matter for being a #2 seed, though. But for the #1 seed it probably was meaningless.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Going forward though...the TN game shapes up as a big one, and we need to start hatin' on the Jaguars. We're a game up on them, but they hold the tiebreaker. Didn't think we would need to look in the rearview mirror at the AFC South...but we do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:17 am 
The Steelers are the #2 seed today. KC loss today probably did it.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Perhaps it wasnt the Chiefs loss ?

Strength of victory the Cheats lead us by 1pt .....36 to 37 net points


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 229
SteelerChef wrote:
The Steelers are the #2 seed today. KC loss today probably did it.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Perhaps it wasnt the Chiefs loss ?

Strength of victory the Cheats lead us by 1pt .....36 to 37 net points

The Steelers are the #1 seed due to better conference record than the Pats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 am 
seabs926 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
The Steelers are the #2 seed today. KC loss today probably did it.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Perhaps it wasnt the Chiefs loss ?

Strength of victory the Cheats lead us by 1pt .....36 to 37 net points

The Steelers are the #1 seed due to better conference record than the Pats.



Not according to the nfl

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=c ... &colSel=10


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 229
SteelerChef wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
The Steelers are the #2 seed today. KC loss today probably did it.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Perhaps it wasnt the Chiefs loss ?

Strength of victory the Cheats lead us by 1pt .....36 to 37 net points

The Steelers are the #1 seed due to better conference record than the Pats.



Not according to the nfl

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=c ... &colSel=10

Why are you sorting by road record?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 am 
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2408
For what it's worth...

I heard Stan Savran talking on his show last week about the Steelers practicing man coverage during the week but never using it in games.

He seems pretty sure they practice it and will use it at some point.

Just gotta hope the Pats game is meaningless so they can be real vanilla in preparation for the playoff meeting.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 am 
fortythree wrote:
For what it's worth...

I heard Stan Savran talking on his show last week about the Steelers practicing man coverage during the week but never using it in games.

He seems pretty sure they practice it and will use it at some point.

Just gotta hope the Pats game is meaningless so they can be real vanilla in preparation for the playoff meeting.


I doubt it will be meaningless....as it would require essentially a 2 game lead....

I hope they come out guns blazing .....everything on the table.....then work ideas off that for a possible playoff meeting.....

The Steelers wont win a clever bastard contest with cheats.....we have the tools to beat them


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 481
SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage

Glad seabs figured that out! Would hate to lose the #1 seed on a sorting error.

_________________
"All for ourselves and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." - Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am 
Steel Drummer wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage

Glad seabs figured that out! Would hate to lose the #1 seed on a sorting error.

8-)


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11331
SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage


But I'm guessing it's just going off Conference Win%. Both have 1 AFC loss, but PIT has 1 more AFC win so I think that's why we are the #1 seed.

Practically speaking, that's pretty much a tie. I'd like to know where we stand on Strength of Victory vs. NE. I'm surprised we only trail KC by 1, but if NE beats PIT then that will almost certainly seal SOV for them, not to mention the teams in the AFCE look to be doing quite a bit better than the AFCN.

Pretty simple really. We beat KC already, and they'll drop at least one more. We beat NE, and we have to drop at least two others to lose home field. I don't expect TEN/JAX to be players in this race - would be shocked if either wins more than 10 games.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 339
Kodiak wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage


But I'm guessing it's just going off Conference Win%. Both have 1 AFC loss, but PIT has 1 more AFC win so I think that's why we are the #1 seed.

Practically speaking, that's pretty much a tie. I'd like to know where we stand on Strength of Victory vs. NE. I'm surprised we only trail KC by 1, but if NE beats PIT then that will almost certainly seal SOV for them, not to mention the teams in the AFCE look to be doing quite a bit better than the AFCN.

Pretty simple really. We beat KC already, and they'll drop at least one more. We beat NE, and we have to drop at least two others to lose home field. I don't expect TEN/JAX to be players in this race - would be shocked if either wins more than 10 games.


That's more or less how I look at it too. With victory in hand over KC, a victory over NE will likely be the only tiebreakers needed. And I don't see either of those teams running the table in their other games to finish at 13-3. 12-4 more likely. AFC south division champion 10-6, I predict. Even though Steelers may well be favorites in every game they play in the second half, it's unrealistic to imagine this team (though it would certainly be nice) suddenly developing consistency from week to week to finish better than 12-4. The Eagles may be the only team in the NFL this year to finish better than 12-4. Biggest surprise of the season for me so far is the Rams. Didn't see that coming.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11331
Will-the-Shake wrote:
That's more or less how I look at it too. With victory in hand over KC, a victory over NE will likely be the only tiebreakers needed.


Yeah, I can't see NE losing 3 of their last 8 unless that includes PIT.

Basically, if we lose to NE we are most likely looking at a #2 seed. I'd add beating NE doubly sweetens the pot, as it could mean they have to go to Arrowhead in the Divisional Round, and that's after having to host a dangerous WC team the week before (I don't think BUF/JAX/TEN will be a pushover for anyone).

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 339
Quick turnaround to play a Thursday night game. These games are all about money and you can understand the players hating to play an NFL game with only 3 days rest in between. I maintain these games strongly favor the home team, more so even than usual. I expect AB to have a big game after struggling to make an impact right until the end on Sunday. If there's one thing we've learned about AB's mentality, it's that he does not like it when his numbers slip. Titans, like the Jaguars, 6-3, and poised to make the playoffs. Anyone else notice how weak the AFC is looking once you get beyond 5 teams? I have no idea who the 6th playoff team will be in the AFC. 5 teams already seem like locks, based on current record and remaining schedule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3988
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Quick turnaround to play a Thursday night game. These games are all about money and you can understand the players hating to play an NFL game with only 3 days rest in between. I maintain these games strongly favor the home team, more so even than usual. I expect AB to have a big game after struggling to make an impact right until the end on Sunday. If there's one thing we've learned about AB's mentality, it's that he does not like it when his numbers slip. Titans, like the Jaguars, 6-3, and poised to make the playoffs. Anyone else notice how weak the AFC is looking once you get beyond 5 teams? I have no idea who the 6th playoff team will be in the AFC. 5 teams already seem like locks, based on current record and remaining schedule.


I was thinking that way, especially since it seemed like when TNF initially came along it was seemingly such a huge advantage for home teams. But so far this year road teams are 5-4 straight up on TNF, and underdogs are 6-3 ATS. Steelers are only 5-4 ATS this year.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CdnSteelerFan, Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group