It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Golden Locks Mock
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:37 pm 

1.) Ronnie Harrison 6’3 215 S Alabama- Went to Alabama’s homecoming a couple weeks ago and saw ‘Bama roll Arkansas from high atop Bryant Denny Stadium on the absolutely beautiful Alabama campus highlighted by a stunning array of co-eds at the quad. Enjoyed a lengthy pre-game at Buffalo Phils an outstanding college bar. College football bucket list weekend I won’t soon forget. Roll Tide!

2.) Damian Harris 5’11 221 RB Alabama- By far the best rb of St. Nick’s committee attack. Unlike past ‘bama backs this kid will have a lot of tread left on his tires. I don’t know if Leveon Bell will be back or not but this is looking like a good draft to land a new stud for the backfield.

3.) Hayden Hurst 6’5 250 TE South Carolina- Older prospect at age 24 after spending time in the Pittsburgh Pirates minor league system out of high school. I am guessing Todd Haley will be back next year but I hope Vance McDonald and Jesse James are not.

5T) David Sills 6’4 203 WR West Virginia- I’m not one to criticize somebody’s haircut with more and more of my golden brown locks ending up on my pillow every morning, but I had to chuckle at Holgorson and Gundy in today’s battle of the bad hair in Morgantown. Anyway, despite a quiet day, I dig this former 13 year old USC quarterback recruit. He’s a TD machine whose 15 tds were more than 96…that’s 96 schools heading into today’s action. I’d say the Steelers anemic red zone offense could use his services.

5.) Jason Cabinda 6’1 235 ILB Penn St- "Ummm Drama, Penn St’s defense just got their asses handed to them by Ohio St" What can I say I’m a sucker for nice eyes. Kids just mike singetary intense. Steelers continue to add team leaders to their football team.

7T.) Trey Quinn 6’0 200 WR SMU- the other WR at SMU. This LSU transfer set some kind of record earlier this year with 3 straight games with 15 or more catches. I don’t think the Martavis Bryant saga is going to end well. Multiple picks could be used to upgrade behind AB and JuJu.

7.) Dominick Sanders 6’0 190 FS Georgia- Passed his head coach Kirby Smart with his 15th career int today in my ‘dawgs blowout win over rival Florida. Sanders is a ballhawk, but the next big hit he makes will be his first.

Thanks as always for reading. Good day of college ball today. Piss on you CBS for no longer having a draft board. Jerome Bettis is from Detroit. Win one for the bus! Or just win.

Post subject: Re: Golden Locks Mock
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:40 pm 

I liked Quinn at LSU. Was sad to see him go. Had that uncanny ability to be right at the first down marker when you needed it for a big third down. Got a little Hines Ward in him in that regard. Plays a bit smaller than his size though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:40 pm 

Hurst is rising up draft boards and will be a solid 2nd rounder in due time.
The guy is athletic and can block..basically the anti-JJ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm 

Big Hayden Hurst fan. Not sure how high the Steelers will be looking for a TE with trading for McDonald and Jesse James or how they are in the plans for the future.

Not sure how I feel about drafting two more receivers, but if Bryant isn't in the long-term plans I definitely understand the thinking. Definitely need to take a look at Quinn/Sills, haven't seen many WVU or SMU games this year.

Like the Alabama additions, both guys could be big-time players in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am 

Is it me or does the draft look relatively weak on the whole.
I mean, QB's could turn out well.
WR's aren't bad.
RB's are good.
Outside of that, what position group is really strong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 pm 

I like it Drama. Will add a name

Rashaad Penny RB SDSU- When the season started I thought he was going to be a 5th round steal. He is the 2nd best back in the class. Elite kick returner. Elite in passing game. Elite runner. 5-10 225 and he runs sub 4.5. Barclay is a fucking freak athlete and should be the 1st pick in the draft. Penny is the best player many people never heard of.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am 

steelheels wrote:
Is it me or does the draft look relatively weak on the whole.
I mean, QB's could turn out well.
WR's aren't bad.
RB's are good.
Outside of that, what position group is really strong?

I think there will not be that many decent QBs even if Darnold comes out. He needs at least a year to sit behind someone and get his mechanics fixed. Mayfield may be the best but he still is throwing to wide open receivers. I've seen him get intercepted when he has a tight window. Rosen and Jackson should be the other good ones. Allen and Faulk have fallen off the top 3 rounds.

Nick Fitzgerald from Miss St. is interesting to me. I would love to see the Steelers take a flyer on him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 pm 

Glad somebody else mentioned Fitzgerald. I thought I was potentially crazy and projecting Prescott success onto him. I thought worth a flyer, too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:36 pm 

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Fooling around with some names mentioned in this forum. So, fanspeak has Steelers currently 31st in the 2018 draft...

31: R1P31 S QUIN BLANDING VIRGINIA
63: R2P31 LB MICAH KISER VIRGINIA
95: R3P31 TE MIKE GESICKI PENN STATE
139: R5P1 WR CEDRICK WILSON BOISE STATE
169: R5P31 QB NICK FITZGERALD MISSISSIPPI STATE
175: R5P37 RB RASHAAD PENNY SAN DIEGO STATE
225: R7P3 DL FRANK HERRON LSU
253: R7P31 EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON LOUISIANA TECH

https://first-pick.com/Default.aspx

Your score is: 16255 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 27: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Nick Fitzgerald, QB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 5 Pick 27: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (C+)
Round 7 Pick 27: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (A+)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:07 am 

FC, thanks for the tip on Penny. I've yet to see San Diego St play so will look for him come bowl season.

I thought Fitzgerald showed a lot of guts tonight vs Bama nearly pulling off the upset. I have no idea where Ben's head is at in regards to retirement but if he chooses to return next season my preference is to not burn anymore day 3 picks on qbs they fail to develop anyway. Id rather wait til Ben officially retires and use a first round pick on what will hopefully be their next super bowl winning franchise quarterback. .