It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3546
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Joe Haden was a top 10 pick, and he's a finished, polished product. Burns wasn't, and isn't. He does, however, have plenty of ceiling left.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 96
Ice wrote:
Joe Haden was a top 10 pick, and he's a finished, polished product. Burns wasn't, and isn't. He does, however, have plenty of ceiling left.


Agreed.

Some of you are making the Dick LeBeau argument for keeping Burns on the bench until he's 30.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 5799
Rocky Mtn Stiller wrote:
Ice wrote:
Joe Haden was a top 10 pick, and he's a finished, polished product. Burns wasn't, and isn't. He does, however, have plenty of ceiling left.


Agreed.

Some of you are making the Dick LeBeau argument for keeping Burns on the bench until he's 30.


I don't miss those internships w defensive rookies

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1220
BarryFoster wrote:
Rocky Mtn Stiller wrote:
Ice wrote:
Joe Haden was a top 10 pick, and he's a finished, polished product. Burns wasn't, and isn't. He does, however, have plenty of ceiling left.


Agreed.

Some of you are making the Dick LeBeau argument for keeping Burns on the bench until he's 30.


I don't miss those internships w defensive rookies

This myth will never die, will it

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:59 pm 
I hope the Steelers sign Joe Haden longer term...his contract explodes next year.....

How many TDs has Burns given up ?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:02 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Burns has been fine. For years, we complain that the Steelers prioritize CBs run defense prowess over pass defense. Now, we are bitching the corner doesn't play the run well enough? BS.

Burns has been beat a few times the last few weeks. I've also seen him making some nice closing plays throughout the year. He hasn't made the leap I'd hope but he is playing fine. There is some strong recency bias going on here.

I ask: did you look at the stats I posted above and still think he's doing okay?


Those are based on a 64 scale ?.....If so they dont look to bad....top 50% on all....in some cases much better


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13882
SteelerChef wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Burns has been fine. For years, we complain that the Steelers prioritize CBs run defense prowess over pass defense. Now, we are bitching the corner doesn't play the run well enough? BS.

Burns has been beat a few times the last few weeks. I've also seen him making some nice closing plays throughout the year. He hasn't made the leap I'd hope but he is playing fine. There is some strong recency bias going on here.

I ask: did you look at the stats I posted above and still think he's doing okay?


Those are based on a 64 scale ?.....If so they dont look to bad....top 50% on all....in some cases much better

Out of 32 teams

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 8896
Love Burns.

He's a future Pro Bowler.

Zero doubt about it.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Waaaaaah! Waaaaaah!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 436
KC wrote:
Love Burns.

He's a future Pro Bowler.

Zero doubt about it.


That would be quite nice, but I just don't see it with him.

Occasionally beaten, few PBU's, not good vs the run, and just sort of meh watching him play.

Hope you're assessment turns out to be true.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artie "Wiffs" Burns
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 98
Ike Taylor just named Haden and Burns the number three, top duo in the NFL. That's after Stafford racked up 400 yds. He must not have seen the Detroit tape.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6pack4ernest, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Ice, Pabst, seabs926, Steel Drummer, Steeledge, T.W. and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group