It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
With a freakin' passion!! Also hate when my team is scheduled for a Thursday Night game...makes the weekend like a Bye Week.

THEN...I hear The Douchebag Mike Greenburg lobby for 2nd Bye Week. These Bye Weeks are totally and completely unnecessary. Run a 16-week schedule....no reason not to do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6745
I feel the same way about daylight savings time

Just FUCKING leave the clocks alone all year

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
BarryFoster wrote:
I feel the same way about daylight savings time

Just FUCKING leave the clocks alone all year


Agreed! Darker in the morning's okay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4064
Couldn't agree more. I really don't watch much NFL outside of the Steelers because the games are terrible.

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:18 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I feel the same way about daylight savings time

Just FUCKING leave the clocks alone all year


Agreed! Darker in the morning's okay.


Exactly


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23267
swissvale72 wrote:
With a freakin' passion!! Also hate when my team is scheduled for a Thursday Night game...makes the weekend like a Bye Week.

THEN...I hear The Douchebag Mike Greenburg lobby for 2nd Bye Week. These Bye Weeks are totally and completely unnecessary. Run a 16-week schedule....no reason not to do it.


They tried 2 bye weeks in 1993. It was universally disliked.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
With a freakin' passion!! Also hate when my team is scheduled for a Thursday Night game...makes the weekend like a Bye Week.

THEN...I hear The Douchebag Mike Greenburg lobby for 2nd Bye Week. These Bye Weeks are totally and completely unnecessary. Run a 16-week schedule....no reason not to do it.


I agree.

There will be a 2nd bye week soon unfortunately imo


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
SteelerChef wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
With a freakin' passion!! Also hate when my team is scheduled for a Thursday Night game...makes the weekend like a Bye Week.

THEN...I hear The Douchebag Mike Greenburg lobby for 2nd Bye Week. These Bye Weeks are totally and completely unnecessary. Run a 16-week schedule....no reason not to do it.


I agree.

There will be a 2nd bye week soon unfortunately imo


The Douchebag Greenburg advocates pairing the hateful events....Bye Week followed by that team's Thursday Nighter....the equivalent, IMO, of two consecutive Bye Weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
With a freakin' passion!! Also hate when my team is scheduled for a Thursday Night game...makes the weekend like a Bye Week.

THEN...I hear The Douchebag Mike Greenburg lobby for 2nd Bye Week. These Bye Weeks are totally and completely unnecessary. Run a 16-week schedule....no reason not to do it.


I agree.

There will be a 2nd bye week soon unfortunately imo


The Douchebag Greenburg advocates pairing the hateful events....Bye Week followed by that team's Thursday Nighter....the equivalent, IMO, of two consecutive Bye Weeks.

douchebag M Greenburg? You still listen to that idiot? Or ESPN? Come on man, turn it out :)

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7606
Eh, I don't mind it. I'm getting stuff done today that I wouldn't if I was watching a Steeler game. I do not, however, want two bye weeks in a season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am
Posts: 1046
The CBA mandates a 21 week season though, right? So that would be the obstacle from not having a 16 week regular season... unless they added a preseason game. That's how I remember it from the last CBA anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 196
swissvale72 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I feel the same way about daylight savings time

Just FUCKING leave the clocks alone all year


Agreed! Darker in the morning's okay.


One of the few things I like about living in AZ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1040
Steelcody36 wrote:
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


This.

Let me get this straight. Is this thread “tongue in cheek” or is everyone really upset about a bye. Because if we are seriously complaining about having a bye because weekends are boring, then that is pathetic. Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread read that way.

I wish the Steelers played every weekend. Sure. But, the bye allows the players a break, a chance to heal, a chance to get away and recharge. I think it’s a great benefit.

It’s got way more value than not having the fanbase bored for a weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
randomsteelerfan wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


This.

Let me get this straight. Is this thread “tongue in cheek” or is everyone really upset about a bye. Because if we are seriously complaining about having a bye because weekends are boring, then that is pathetic. Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread read that way.

I wish the Steelers played every weekend. Sure. But, the bye allows the players a break, a chance to heal, a chance to get away and recharge. I think it’s a great benefit.

It’s got way more value than not having the fanbase bored for a weekend.

Not tongue in cheek at all at least from my perspective. If there were no bye weeks, the lack of a bye week would be applied evenly across the board. None of the opposing teams players would have an opportunity to heal up, recharge… For what that's worth. For years there was no bye week. And let's be clear by week exists only for another week of TV revenue for the NFL, not as a benefit to the players . Bye week belongs in the same pocket as the Thursday night games… It exists as a money maker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6884
swissvale72 wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


This.

Let me get this straight. Is this thread “tongue in cheek” or is everyone really upset about a bye. Because if we are seriously complaining about having a bye because weekends are boring, then that is pathetic. Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread read that way.

I wish the Steelers played every weekend. Sure. But, the bye allows the players a break, a chance to heal, a chance to get away and recharge. I think it’s a great benefit.

It’s got way more value than not having the fanbase bored for a weekend.

Not tongue in cheek at all at least from my perspective. If there were no bye weeks, the lack of a bye week would be applied evenly across the board. None of the opposing teams players would have an opportunity to heal up, recharge… For what that's worth. For years there was no bye week. And let's be clear by week exists only for another week of TV revenue for the NFL, not as a benefit to the players . Bye week belongs in the same pocket as the Thursday night games… It exists as a money maker

The NFL exists as a moneymaker.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2648
Team no one is talking about, Buffalo.

Shit ton of high draft picks & are on the rise. Traded for B2B state all star Benjamin without giving up much.

_________________
Image


Last edited by VanWilder on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 1021
VanWilder wrote:
Team know one is talking about, Buffalo.

Shit ton of high draft picks & are on the rise. Traded for B2B state all star Benjamin without giving up much.

Another team no one is talking about is the Rams. They've quietly gone 6-2. I could see them finishing with an 11-5 record.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 481
smithessmokin wrote:
Another team no one is talking about is the Rams. They've quietly gone 6-2. I could see them finishing with an 11-5 record.

Rams are a very good team.

_________________
"All for ourselves and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind." - Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:24 pm 
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints



Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 pm
Posts: 526
Normally I'd agree, but the Bungs, and the Rats both lost, so we advanced without having to play a game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints



Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.


Well...the Steelers were up essentially 2.5 prior to today as 2 game lead+tiebreaker = 2.5....sooo...

If you calculate losses rather than total games its 2 vs 5 PLUS the tiebreaker advantage.....

Im hoping the remaining Bengals and Ravens games can be rendered meaningless in afc north terms AND conference seeding however

Would really be great to see the cheats catch a few Ls coming up.....Chiefs and Bills too


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
SteelerChef wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints



Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.


Well...the Steelers were up essentially 2.5 prior to today as 2 game lead+tiebreaker = 2.5....sooo...

If you calculate losses rather than total games its 2 vs 5 PLUS the tiebreaker advantage.....

Im hoping the remaining Bengals and Ravens games can be rendered meaningless in afc north terms AND conference seeding however

Would really be great to see the cheats catch a few Ls coming up.....Chiefs and Bills too


For sure on Chefs, but I'd like to see the Bills winning....keep them in position to perhaps win the East over Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm 
Thats a point I will contemplate and protrude my wisdom on at a later date....


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group