It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am
Posts: 973
The CBA mandates a 21 week season though, right? So that would be the obstacle from not having a 16 week regular season... unless they added a preseason game. That's how I remember it from the last CBA anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2020
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 77
swissvale72 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I feel the same way about daylight savings time

Just FUCKING leave the clocks alone all year


Agreed! Darker in the morning's okay.


One of the few things I like about living in AZ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 795
Steelcody36 wrote:
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


This.

Let me get this straight. Is this thread “tongue in cheek” or is everyone really upset about a bye. Because if we are seriously complaining about having a bye because weekends are boring, then that is pathetic. Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread read that way.

I wish the Steelers played every weekend. Sure. But, the bye allows the players a break, a chance to heal, a chance to get away and recharge. I think it’s a great benefit.

It’s got way more value than not having the fanbase bored for a weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:48 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5870
randomsteelerfan wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


This.

Let me get this straight. Is this thread “tongue in cheek” or is everyone really upset about a bye. Because if we are seriously complaining about having a bye because weekends are boring, then that is pathetic. Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread read that way.

I wish the Steelers played every weekend. Sure. But, the bye allows the players a break, a chance to heal, a chance to get away and recharge. I think it’s a great benefit.

It’s got way more value than not having the fanbase bored for a weekend.

Not tongue in cheek at all at least from my perspective. If there were no bye weeks, the lack of a bye week would be applied evenly across the board. None of the opposing teams players would have an opportunity to heal up, recharge… For what that's worth. For years there was no bye week. And let's be clear by week exists only for another week of TV revenue for the NFL, not as a benefit to the players . Bye week belongs in the same pocket as the Thursday night games… It exists as a money maker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5761
swissvale72 wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
It's important and allows everyone a chance to get healthy.


This.

Let me get this straight. Is this thread “tongue in cheek” or is everyone really upset about a bye. Because if we are seriously complaining about having a bye because weekends are boring, then that is pathetic. Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread read that way.

I wish the Steelers played every weekend. Sure. But, the bye allows the players a break, a chance to heal, a chance to get away and recharge. I think it’s a great benefit.

It’s got way more value than not having the fanbase bored for a weekend.

Not tongue in cheek at all at least from my perspective. If there were no bye weeks, the lack of a bye week would be applied evenly across the board. None of the opposing teams players would have an opportunity to heal up, recharge… For what that's worth. For years there was no bye week. And let's be clear by week exists only for another week of TV revenue for the NFL, not as a benefit to the players . Bye week belongs in the same pocket as the Thursday night games… It exists as a money maker

The NFL exists as a moneymaker.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2537
Team no one is talking about, Buffalo.

Shit ton of high draft picks & are on the rise. Traded for B2B state all star Benjamin without giving up much.

_________________
Image


Last edited by VanWilder on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 814
VanWilder wrote:
Team know one is talking about, Buffalo.

Shit ton of high draft picks & are on the rise. Traded for B2B state all star Benjamin without giving up much.

Another team no one is talking about is the Rams. They've quietly gone 6-2. I could see them finishing with an 11-5 record.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 460
smithessmokin wrote:
Another team no one is talking about is the Rams. They've quietly gone 6-2. I could see them finishing with an 11-5 record.

Rams are a very good team.

_________________
“They who have put out the people’s eyes reproach them of their blindness.”
— John Milton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:24 pm 
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fortythree, Google [Bot], JackSplat58 and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group